MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

All right, I've kept my trap shut for several games now. The writing has been on the wall for a several games - but especially after the Science Hill game. This team had a lot of talent and frankly in my opinion, it wasn't these kid's fault. The had no leadership from the head coach. They should have gone to state this year.

Didn't anybody watch Clark on the side lines? The man came out in the 3rd quarter and looked lost. Staring blankly at his clip board with hs wonderful little NFL head set on. Pacing aimlessly up and down the side lines. Stupid play after stupid play. The game was lost on coaching alone.

Several of us have watched DB play for many years. I started watching 11 years ago. There was good coaching back in the day. There has been a definite downward trend and the play book is factor #1. Nothing is going to change until there is a coaching shakeup. As somebody said, recruit a new head coach. I hate to see him go. He's a nice guy but these kids deserve better. Hopefully he is smart enough to ask to move up into school "management".

With the changes coming next year, this was probably the last chance at state for a long time. Unless we can get a new AD that can make the most of a pathetic schedule by scheduling at least 3 tough games out of conference, a new head coach that can build a team that won't quit playing when they get a significant lead, the future is bleak.

Its probably time to turn in the season tickets. Or press the school board to force a UT style coaching change.

I guess from now on when someone pops in 44-0 over south we should just put put 28-24 or three years straight with a first round blow up....great job DB. I think you guys should spend some money recruiting a new coach vs a new field or field house. Guess we will see next week who the number 1 team in NET will be won't we!!!!

If South were in the Big East, they might have finished 7-3. The last time I checked GC was 13-0 against South coaches. I can't wait until Maryville cleans South's clock. THEN IT WILL BE OUR TURN TO CROW!

Not making excuses for the coaching but Graham Clark delivered the eulogy at the funeral of his mentor and one of his best friends today, Tom Coughenour (aka Coach). Please remember, wins are not always what is about, especially at this level. He, along with Coach, philosophy of coaching is you coach people, not just games. What a blessing it is for DB Indians to have a coach of people like Graham Clark, one of the finest men I have ever met. Go Indians!

If this weren't an ongoing problem for years now, I might accept that as an explanation.

It doesn't hurt as bad when you lose to a better team. But this one hurts twice as bad because we were clearly the better team. We were aggressive in the first half, but totally flat in the second. It was like two entirely different teams on the field. Graham had to do a eulogy for Coach Coughenour today. I can't help but wonder if he was somewhat distracted by that. But I don't mean to use that as an excuse. I guess McMinn just wanted it more. Let's get ready for basketball !!!

He didn't "have to do" a eulogy. He did it because he was one of his best friends and he loved the man. It was an amazing eulogy. He is a great speaker and an awesome man. Tough loss.

Mcminn will not be an easy win for DB.If,thier passing game gets going,lookout. They pass to set up the run. On the other hand,if DB can pass,they can win going away. prediction: Mcminn co.24-21 in a very big upset....last second kick for the win. or DB could beat em 42-0,over at half.

I almost got it right,I tried to tell DB fans to look-out!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If this weren't an ongoing problem for years now, I might accept that as an explanation.

Not just under Graham. DB has done it many other years as well. 159-31 is hard to argue with. Name a better coach from the past you would bring back. Who would you get now to replace someone winning 80% of their games? Do you coach Pee-Wee football by any chance?

Watch what you wish for.

Thanks to all the seniors for a great year and I can't tell you guys how much I have enjoyed coming to the practices and the games.You are a great bunch of guys and I wish all of you the very best in life.Very few kids will make any money doing this but the friendships that you guys have built will last a life time,and that is worth a whole lot of money in it's self.Roll Tribe Roll

If South were in the Big East, they might have finished 7-3. The last time I checked GC was 13-0 against South coaches. I can't wait until Maryville cleans South's clock. THEN IT WILL BE OUR TURN TO CROW!

And if South and Maryville happen to meet we will gladly accept whatever outcome we get with dignity. What you DB people don't seem to understand is its not the teams performance people get down on you all for its your attitude and the perception others have because of that. This is my last post on this topic there will always be this divide thats for sure.....I guess for the next 3 years we will get to listen to how being in conference with us has worked against DB in your attempt to be a state power house football team....oh wait you guys already planted that seed didn't you. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Congrats to McMinn great game and great effort don't let anyone take that way from you guys.

Ok , I'll be the first. Everybody is right, DB is the KINGS of the first round exit. I hate to take anything away from McMinn Co. but that second half was the worst coaching I have ever witnesed at DB both offense and defense. Also the worst I have seen a DB team play in one half in the past 15 yrs.

What a stunner. I mean no disrespect, but this is the biggest choke job I have seen in a long time. It makes the disaster against W-B a couple of years ago seem like the NYG-PATs Super Bowl upset.

I also thought RI-5A would be at least .500 tonight. Is RII that strong or are we that weak up here?

It doesn't hurt as bad when you lose to a better team. But this one hurts twice as bad because we were clearly the better team. We were aggressive in the first half, but totally flat in the second. It was like two entirely different teams on the field. Graham had to do a eulogy for Coach Coughenour today. I can't help but wonder if he was somewhat distracted by that. But I don't mean to use that as an excuse. I guess McMinn just wanted it more. Let's get ready for basketball !!!

I suspect that had to be a factor.

First off I apologize for the South fans that are rubbing this defeat in. I have many DB friends and some that have kids that play Indian football. I know it hurts like heck for those kids to lose this game the way they did. Bud South has to play whats dealt to them and DB has to play whats dealt to them. Rebel fans, my advice take it or leave it, get off the thread, leave the DB people alone and let's concentrate on proving everyone wrong about 4a football in NET.

I agree with you 83, Rebel fans just let it go, be a bigger person than WaCo!

I too have many GOOD friends that have kids that go to and/or play for DB! I hate it for them! I was really hoping for a deep run for both teams! Anyway great season to the Tribe! Also hope Chris is OK! Don't pay any attention to these over zealous ramblings from our fans!

South fans leave the Tribe faithful alone and go back to our threads! We better get ready for Mo' East

AGAIN GREAT SEASON INDIANS, AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU IN THE FUTURE! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />