Marion Co. vs Smith Co.

diehardpurple

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game to go see.

I thought the Owls would win, but Marion has a very good team.

The officials, IMO, let both teams down. It really got weird toward the end.

Marion didn't let the rain affect them as much and they got the win for it.

Congrats to the Warriors and good luck at Boyd. Should be a great game.

Congrats to the Owls on a good season. They are a fairly young team and should be a formidable opponent for anyone in 3A next year.

The Warriors might be a favorite in 2A next year, but I'm not sure what they will return, but they shouldn't be worrying about that right now.

This was a great game to go see.

I thought the Owls would win, but Marion has a very good team.

The officials, IMO, let both teams down. It really got weird toward the end.

Marion didn't let the rain affect them as much and they got the win for it.

Congrats to the Warriors and good luck at Boyd. Should be a great game.

Congrats to the Owls on a good season. They are a fairly young team and should be a formidable opponent for anyone in 3A next year.

The Warriors might be a favorite in 2A next year, but I'm not sure what they will return, but they shouldn't be worrying about that right now.

They will be very good next year with wells and brocks returning /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well the rain didn't off but everyone in attendance got to see a "GREAT" football game with two teams that laid it all on the line. Congratulations to the Marion County Warriors. The Owls had a chance with a little over a minute left but it wasn't meant to be. SC marched 40 yards in less than a minute and no timeouts. The Owls converted a 4th and 8 down around the ten yard line on a wonderful catch and footwork by Caleb Smith but the holding call nulified that. Great game to witness. Both teams played outstanding in my opinon. Marion County has a team to be proud of. The Warriors are a great group of ball players and they play together. Good Luck next week. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Congrats to the Marion County Warriors on the win. They possess some very talented players. The game was a hard hitting slugfest and the team that made the fewest mistakes won. Both teams made play after play on both sides of the ball. Refs did control it a little at the end and were just a little inconsistant, there can be no excuses. Marion County deserved the win and I wish them luck next week in the Swamp. Should be a heck of a game with the winner getting a big reward.........ALCOA.

Smith County Owls Seniors,

What a delight and priviledge it has been for this fan to watch you guys play this game. I wish everyone of you the best and you are champs to this loyal Owl fan.

BigBoy89, enjoyed taking in a game with ya. I could teach you power poker. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BigDaddy, scofield, and King21, thanks for coming to see us and looking forward to a good district next year.

Congrats to Marion County. You guys are very solid team and deserved the win. I hope everyone has a safe trip home. As imallin said, I would also like to thank the Owl seniors. You guys took this very young owl squad and lead them into a pretty good football team. Much better than I thought you would be after the York game. Congratulations guys!

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Congrats to Marion County. You guys are very solid team and deserved the win. I hope everyone has a safe trip home. As imallin said, I would also like to thank the Owl seniors. You guys took this very young owl squad and lead them into a pretty good football team. Much better than I thought you would be after the York game. Congratulations guys!

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

I totally agree. SC lost 9 and 8 starters and still had a great year. This team improved all year.

Conditons were pretty bad. MC made the plays to win...simple as that. Good luck to Marion.