Marion Co. vs Smith Co.

diehardpurple

Not arguing with your post at all. But neither team had the speed to get to the outside due to the field conditions. North and South on a field like that.

As for the dual possesion, it may not have been the right call. There were several more calls tonight that were very questionable like the holding call on the converted 4th down, but that doesn't take anything away from Marion County. They made more plays tonight than SC and very much deserved the win. Good luck next week.

Agreed the field was very mooshy when I went to shake some hands and pat some rears after the game ... An honest opinion on the holding call on fourth down... Its sad but i think true... Probably a make up call... I didnt see the line on the play though... My angle wasnt the best on the so called "dual" possesion call however I do believe it wanst the correct call, my eyes just gave me a different opinion ... but you know what they say about opinions...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed the field was very mooshy when I went to shake some hands and pat some rears after the game ... An honest opinion on the holding call on fourth down... Its sad but i think true... Probably a make up call... I didnt see the line on the play though... My angle wasnt the best on the so called "dual" possesion call however I do believe it wanst the correct call, my eyes just gave me a different opinion ... but you know what they say about opinions...

I think you are exactly right. The dual possession was right in front of me. I didn't see what happened either. You don't call holding in that situation unless it is a take down. If it was...I didn't see it. I wasn't looking a that either. The call could have been correct. That was the only holding call of the night for us. The bad thing was the time it took to make the call on the dual possession. I don't think I've ever seen it take that long to make a decision. Heck...just make the call...either way.

It was a great atmosphere. Our home crowds...sometimes are dreadfully dead. That was not the case tonight. Both crowds were into the game.

It was a great game to see. I wish it hadn't rained...but it could have rained harder. I think it did affect both teams somewhat.

I think you are exactly right. The dual possession was right in front of me. I didn't see what happened either. You don't call holding in that situation unless it is a take down. If it was...I didn't see it. I wasn't looking a that either. The call could have been correct. That was the only holding call of the night for us. The bad thing was the time it took to make the call on the dual possession. I don't think I've ever seen it take that long to make a decision. Heck...just make the call...either way.

It was a great atmosphere. Our home crowds...sometimes are dreadfully dead. That was not the case tonight. Both crowds were into the game.

It was a great game to see. I wish it hadn't rained...but it could have rained harder. I think it did affect both teams somewhat.

The weather was the only thing bad about tonight, well, and besides the team didn't win that I was rooting for, but it was still a great game.

There's nothing much else one can say that hasn't already been said about this game and both programs. It was definitely a hard hitting game. I'm sure everyone hoped that the rain would have stayed away but that's something that we have no control over. The sloppy conditions played into Marion's favor without a doubt and limited the Owls wide open attack. Give the Warriors credit they played with great heart and determination and made the plays to win. Good luck to the Warriors next week against Boyd.

Congrats to the Owls on a great season. I watched the Owls play 4 times this year and was really impressed on how this team grew from week 0 to week 12. All the hard work and dedication from the coaches and players definitely payed off. Smith Co. football has and always will be one of the best programs in the state.

Good luck to all the Owl seniors in your future endeavors. I think the Owls only lose 9 or 10 this year, but it seems like this program just reloads every year instead of rebuilds. Guess that's why they call it a PROGRAM.

Great game by both teams. Both teams left everything on the field and the team that made the most plays and took care of the ball came away with the win. As far as the officiating goes, you can't let them determine the outcome of the game or use it as an excuse if you don't win. Good Job Warriors on not letting the interception call get you rattled.

Great post BigJ. Someone else commented on the time it took for the officials to make that non-interception call. Rediculous. No comment on the call or TIME it took to be made; Owls benefited bigtime, Warriors could have easily became discouraged and rattled. Didn't happen. Defense stayed focused and the drive was finally stopped. Playing conditions were bad; the field was surprisingly squishy when I walked out there after the game. I don't believe either team was any more negatively affected by it than the other. Hampered both teams offensive play; did see at least two SC receptions missed that should have been caught; rain and mud had to have contributed to that. Again, great job to both teams. Loved the atmosphere and facilities, hated the officiating. SC is a class act; refreshing after last week. Warriors, stay focused and confident. BB Act II coming up.

On second thought, I just can't stand it. This is directed at officials, not SC fans or players..............WARRIROS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, to infinity.

I am floored, just floored at this MC team and how they have developed since last year. You young men showed class and great composure last night when the calls were being made. In the years past there would have been some smack talking but not this year Coach Boeck has instilled the disclipine in them that was so needed. Both sides are a class act!!!! It was well worth the 2 hour drive to sit in the rain get our butts wet and then congradulate our boys in all that mud. What nice way to lay our heads down last night for good slumber......dang makes me want to do it again this Friday!!!!! I would love to see that game again if films are available..sure wish our local channel could get a copy to show.

SC thanks for making the trip enjoyable. Very nice facilities and (if you get there early parking is not so bad.) good sportsmanship was displayed. I can think of a number of teams that we could have been visiting and all in all it would not have ended as plesent if it were playing anywhere else. YOu have a great team that I know you are proud of and rightfully should be. Best of luck to you and yours.

Now Warriors.....off to Boyd!!!!

On second thought, I just can't stand it. This is directed at officials, not SC fans or players..............WARRIROS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, WARRIORS BALL, to infinity.

Great to see the fans really get into that chant!!! Our fans are going to have to step it up and make some noise!!! In games like this the band should be playing more and the cheerleaders should be doing more to get the fans involved. I know that last night there was a lack of room but this has been going on all year. You (band and cheerleaders) are what is suppose to get the fans involved in the game and not the fans getting the fans involved..... we have seen that going on all year. Step it up girls..the CHOP was not done until I think the end of the 3rd or beginning of the 4th and then it was done only twice... Not blasting these two programs but it needs to be said. The noise we create gets the boys pumped and they know we care...Next week lets be louder than ever.

Congratulations to the Warriors and all my warrior posting friends from Jackie Moon. I just want all the people on this thread to know that I really appreciate the love being shown on this thread by both teams. Must of been a great game. I will definately be in attendance next week in the swamp. Once again, Peace and Love from Jackie Moon.

Congrats Warriors on a well deserved win! Owls, it's been said already and more eloquently by some, but here's another Owl fan that is proud of you young men and this program. Watching this team mature and come together like you did as a young team was a joy,a privilege, and a heck of a ride. Seniors, you will be missed and made us all proud. Keep that hunger and drive in mind as you move on to bigger and better things in life. You may not have people in the stands cheering you on for the rest of it, but know we're all still rooting for you in everything you do.

BigBoy89, enjoyed taking in a game with ya. I could teach you power poker. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I enjoyed it myself, Imallin. We'll have to all get together for a few hands soon.

QueenB, it was nice to see you again as well. The same goes for BigReid and Glover.

What a great game, one that you hate to see anybody lose but SC has nothing to be ashamed of and IMO you line them up ten times it could be a draw. Two very good programs both with a lot of talent and skill but most importantly HEART. I would like to congratulate both programs, you have something special that any community can be proud of. Congratulations to the Warriors I wish you the best of luck with Boyd. #21, #24, #30 all do great in getting the ball down field and #52 is a beast up front. I was very pleased to meet Antwan,Bigreid, and Imallin and would like to thank you for the hospitality oh ya and you to glover, one thing about SC they have class on and off the field. Imallin you tell the cook if, or when I get back to Smith county I'll be in for some of that catfish. thanks agian and see you next year.

Can't blame it on the refs if you lose and not letting the "interception" get to ya? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The interception DID get to them. I know MC fans aren't that short-sighted, there was a 15 yard personal foul on the very next play because the previous call did get to them. I believe there was a case of premature ewhistlation on the so called dual possession play. The ruling did take too long. The grandstanding by the MC coach took too long also. I only hope the holding call that ended the game was legitimate and not a make up call.

I will go back and watch any film they have on this..... but the coach was on the field the whole time waiting also, with us, to see what the call would be.......... but that was an interception.... the other boy never had his hand on it. my son caught that ball. the marion county fans knows it and anybody else that was watching the game.....And again i say, the coach was on the field the whole time waiting....... the debating was happening on the other side of the field... remember? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />