Players

GoChiefs

I thought it would be good to list some of the players on your teams that have had the biggest impact on your team.

As for Craigmont -

Joe Jones - LB - Jr. - This kid is absolutely amazing. He is about 5'8" and 165 lbs at OLB but shoots gaps quicker than I have ever seen. Whitehaven's staff can attest to this after he shot the gap tonight and intercepted a pitch on a toss play tonight. Arlington also told me that it was like he knew the snap count when we played them because he would get through the gap so quickly.

Ricky Herron - FS/WR - So. - Another kid slightly undersized at about 5'7" and 155 lbs, but is a ball hawk. He has 9 INT's on the season, which I believe leads the city and is 2nd in the state. He is also one of our best deep threats at WR.

Jeremy Turner - SS - Sr. - Extremely smart player with very good talent. He played SS and LB for us this year and did whatever we needed him to do on the defensive side of the ball.

Marcus Reed - DE/FB - Sr. - Emerged as one of the best players on the defensive side of the ball after being moved to DE for the last 4 games. In those 4 games took the team lead in sacks.

Nate Dunning - T - Sr. - A player with all the physical tools to play D-1 ball, just needs to work on the mental side of the game. At 6'5" 290 lbs he is hard to push around and when he gets focused on playing, he dominates his side of the line.

Denzel Henderson - G - Sr. - A very fast lineman at guard that runs the counter play very well. Another player that has potential to be very good at guard when he stays focused.

Jeremy Swift - RB - Sr. - A stout back at 5'9" and 190lbs with decent speed and excellent vision. One of the most coachable players you will ever meet that does anything that is asked of him.

And some players that emerged for next season -

Andrew Thomas - CB - So. - Started the final 2 games of the season and played extremely well. Had a very big INT against Whitehaven tonight as well as forcing a fumble on a punt. Potential to be a shutdown corner if he keeps his head on straight.

James Ratliff - LB/DL - So. - Played MLB and NT for us this year. One of the best talents on defense on the team, but is still very raw. Once he can get more experience and learn the game better, could be a big time recruit.

Kirk/Kurtis McFerren - LB/RB - So. - These twins run just about as hard as anyone at RB in the city. Good LBs as well. Also need some experience under their belt.

Jarque Chatman - CB/WR - So. - Got limited playing time this year, but has got athletic ability that is sky high. Will more than likely start at CB next year at Craigmont and play a good bit at the slot on offense.

I hope to see everyone else's players on here and what they think about them.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Benedict: Although we missed the playoffs I thought I would take the time out to recognize some of our key contributors.

Ryan O' Connor: He played running back, receiver and every defensive back spot on the field. He was 3rd on the team in tackles and had over 800 yds of total offense.

Siler Haynes: Haynes was our quarterback. He threw for 1700 yds and has been selected to play in the Liberty Bowl All Star game.

Trey Wilkins: This kid is just a sophomore but he had over 700 yds receiving with 8tds while missing two games with injury.

Peter Hogan and Joseph Misenhelter were two of our best offensive lineman.

Garret Shouse: He was our best defensive player, imo the heart and soul of our defense, broke his wrist week 3 against Ensworth and played the whole season. Gonna miss this kid.

Of course there were more, but these were at the top of my head.

I thought it would be good to list some of the players on your teams that have had the biggest impact on your team.

As for Craigmont -

Joe Jones - LB - Jr. - This kid is absolutely amazing. He is about 5'8" and 165 lbs at OLB but shoots gaps quicker than I have ever seen. Whitehaven's staff can attest to this after he shot the gap tonight and intercepted a pitch on a toss play tonight. Arlington also told me that it was like he knew the snap count when we played them because he would get through the gap so quickly.

Ricky Herron - FS/WR - So. - Another kid slightly undersized at about 5'7" and 155 lbs, but is a ball hawk. He has 9 INT's on the season, which I believe leads the city and is 2nd in the state. He is also one of our best deep threats at WR.

Jeremy Turner - SS - Sr. - Extremely smart player with very good talent. He played SS and LB for us this year and did whatever we needed him to do on the defensive side of the ball.

Marcus Reed - DE/FB - Sr. - Emerged as one of the best players on the defensive side of the ball after being moved to DE for the last 4 games. In those 4 games took the team lead in sacks.

Nate Dunning - T - Sr. - A player with all the physical tools to play D-1 ball, just needs to work on the mental side of the game. At 6'5" 290 lbs he is hard to push around and when he gets focused on playing, he dominates his side of the line.

Denzel Henderson - G - Sr. - A very fast lineman at guard that runs the counter play very well. Another player that has potential to be very good at guard when he stays focused.

Jeremy Swift - RB - Sr. - A stout back at 5'9" and 190lbs with decent speed and excellent vision. One of the most coachable players you will ever meet that does anything that is asked of him.

And some players that emerged for next season -

Andrew Thomas - CB - So. - Started the final 2 games of the season and played extremely well. Had a very big INT against Whitehaven tonight as well as forcing a fumble on a punt. Potential to be a shutdown corner if he keeps his head on straight.

James Ratliff - LB/DL - So. - Played MLB and NT for us this year. One of the best talents on defense on the team, but is still very raw. Once he can get more experience and learn the game better, could be a big time recruit.

Kirk/Kurtis McFerren - LB/RB - So. - These twins run just about as hard as anyone at RB in the city. Good LBs as well. Also need some experience under their belt.

Jarque Chatman - CB/WR - So. - Got limited playing time this year, but has got athletic ability that is sky high. Will more than likely start at CB next year at Craigmont and play a good bit at the slot on offense.

I hope to see everyone else's players on here and what they think about them.

Greeneville Greene Devils:

Tyler Stewart > great defensive leader

Trevon Hall > great all-around player

BJ Spradlin > coming out of his shell making his mark

Brock Church > keeps great eye on the ball making interceptions

Jamel Hall & Tarell Rollins > forces to be reckoned with

Landon Morrison > all around man as well

Wes Quarles > filling some big shoes but getting the job done

Chaz Story > showing promise

Hillsboro:

Eric Gordon-DB/WR/RB/PR/KR (4A Mr. Football candidate)

Marvin Hughes-OL/DL (and only because HHS needs him to play line, but he is built like a LB or FB)

Christian Heyne-OL/DL (Most experienced lineman we have)

Hendrix Brakefield-K/P (Great leg, mentally tough, great kid)

Henry County has a 3 headed Monster! No need to post names for you BurroBall: You will soon find out their names /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

For Liberty Tech/Jackson:

Spencer Brooks - a definite dual threat quarterback - great arm and legs - strong passer and runner - definitely a powerhouse on field - saw this kid block for his receivers on plays, definitely not afraid of getting hit or delivery a hit - definitely some one to listen for next year

Bryson Crowder - master running back! Finds a hole - he is gone! Speed, speed, speed!

Fun to watch this two next year as Seniors!!!

Barry Huffhines- Cocke County High School- Offensive Lineman

Height: 6-5

Weight: 310 pounds

40: 5.38

Shuttle: 5.07

Vertical: 29"

These stats are from my old testing system. If anyone wants to disagree, please not that I have over 13 years experience in human performance and I have also spent 3 of those years as a NFL Combine prep coach. I know how to test to get the most accurate numbers... so there are no adjustments or plain BS.

Barry has the mold of a pro lineman and will make a good player for the school that offers him. Earlier this past year, Barry was invited to San Antonio, TX for the US Army combine. Despite coaching changes and a horrible high school football experience... (2-28 his high school career and many problems with a jealous coaching staff holding him back) this player will excel with better coaching and better support. The player works hard and if he increases his leg strength and functional agility for power, some college is going to get a heck of a player.

Millington

RB/DB Tausean Holmes- over 1,200 yds rushing in the equivalent of about 7 full games played. Averaging almost 200 all purpose yards and about 22 yds a carry when he touches the ball. Has scored 26 TD on the year and consistently makes the big hit on defense from his safety position

C/DE/P Blake Evans-Hardly ever comes off the field. Has started at C since the 5th game of his freshman year.

Started playing both sides of the ball this year and has 9 sacks as well as averaging almost 34 yards a kick.

K Matt Baltensperger-Has been the starter since 10th grade. Has really gotten stronger with each year. Is 49 out of 50 in XP (record for most XP in season in Shelby Metro area is 53 although the kicker at MUS now has 54 this year). 7 out of 10 FG this year with a long of 46 and 85 % of his kickoffs are inside the 5.