Westview at Milan

Guest nwtnsports

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect intended but merely a what if question from an out of state traveler trying to make plans: If Milan wins and JCS wins will the game be in Milan? I recall that a few years ago there was a rule in place that if you played a team from your same region, then the higher seeded team became the home team regardless of the side of the bracket the teams came out of. I understand that if Huntingdon wins the game, then whoever they play will travel to Huntingdon.

No disrespect intended but merely a what if question from an out of state traveler trying to make plans: If Milan wins and JCS wins will the game be in Milan? I recall that a few years ago there was a rule in place that if you played a team from your same region, then the higher seeded team became the home team regardless of the side of the bracket the teams came out of. I understand that if Huntingdon wins the game, then whoever they play will travel to Huntingdon.

This all saying that Milan holds off Westview....but

If JCS win's then yes the game will definitely be played at Milan, due to Milan and JCS being in the same region and Milan having the higher seed.

If Huntingdon wins, they are technically in the lower bracket and are marked as the home team. However, Milan is the higher seed in the quad. From what I understood from Coach Morris, Milan would basically play all games at home seeing as they win of course. So I think there still may be some question, but I believe it would be at Milan due to Milan being the higher seed.

Who knows....TSSAA likes to "play" with things last minute tho so for all we know the game could be played in Humboldt. LoL

Guest nwtnsports

Correct. The TSSAA website says, "In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team."

If Milan wins, the quarterfinal game would be in Milan.

If Westview wins, the quarterfinal game would be in Martin.

Milan would host regardless. In 2A things are done differently now because of having 9 regions. They seed the teams into 4 quadraints. The higher seed will always host. There is no alternating anymore, except possibly in the semis. If two teams have the same seed then in even years one bracket hosts, and in odd years the other bracket hosts.

As a Westview fan, I think Milan will probably win this game. We suffered a lot of injuries from the Henry County game, but we also lost our whole defensive line from last year. Just a young banged up team this year. Our starting qb, Tanner Spencer is out for the whole season. The Westview fans are just going to be happy that we are in a place where we don't have to worry about our cars being broken into and our players having things stolen out of their bags in the locker room. Shame on the TSSAA for sending our teams to unsafe locations and not providing security to prevent these kind of things. Good luck to both teams Friday night, but I too predict a Milan win.

Well I just did this a few weeks back and nothing has changed! I have been saying it all year long, its Milans year! I expect to see Milan take this game, but i'm hoping the Chargers will put up a good fight and send these seniors off well! But I'm rooting for the Chargers and the upset! You felt the embarrasment in Week 10 now lets come out and play some good ball this week, Win or Go Home! Good Luck Chargers! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />