Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

With Loudon/Seqoyah renewing their series next year, and the many friends I have in the Madisonville/Vonore area, I often use these boards to keep up w/ the program. However, I cannot figure out why there is always some sort of personal vendetta being carried out. The name of this thread is "Satisfied with Sequoyah Football?", but bickering is all there is. I would like to be able to just keep up with the program, but one has to fish thru 8 pages of personal attacks before finding any real info on the team. Ridiculous and childish. Adults should act better.

There is a history there that goes back for awhile. You had a small group of parents that it had to be all about little Johnny or it was somebody's fault. The rest of the parents got sick of it. Hearing them gripe and moan all the time. Luckily for the programs at Sequoyah 99% of those parents are now gone. A whole lot of kids paid the price for there back room politics. Then they get on here hide behind a computer and try to act like they are for the kids. You know how the story goes. They never showed up to help do anything just gripe and complain. Sorry man for the inconvenience it is childish but for selfish reasons I must say this thread has been a blast. I guess we will just have to WING iT. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We at Greenback can relate to the pain you feel being in the middle-bottom of pack with the occassional top contending team in your LL programs. We have been there many times. We seem to always have one maybe two teams that might make a run for the top spot, but usually always seem to have a couple or more teams clawing for just a win. We have some really good atheltes in our community, just not always enough to fill every position solidly. That is the disadvantage of being a small community, but I would not trade the format for anything. The Sequoyah Conference is tough and a solid league. My oldest has played in it for 5 years now, my youngest for 2 (Cricket Conference Champs!!), and my husband has coached for over 10 years (every age group but Cutters). My oldest son came from a Hopper team that was 0-10 to a 2008 Hopper team that went 6-6 making the playoffs for the first time since he was a first year Cricket. You talk about happy!!! He learned valuable lessons during the low years and it really made him work hard and mature to reach his goals. Many on his team have showed so much improvement over one year it's amazing. We have good coaches that are more than just a coach. They are like an extension of the family. My kids feel like they have 20-30 brothers all through season. The LL programs allow kids that may not ever have a chance of playing or developing to do so. When you combine communities to form a bigger and better team you are cutting like 44 potential starting positions down to as low as 22 (Off. & Def. w/some going both ways). Plus if the Monroe County teams start joining together for Middle School ball, Greenback would have to consider joining Loudon for a county Middle School team. No disrespect to Loudon, but that would hurt a lot of our kids. It would be hard for us to compete without joining somebody (as small a school as we are). The LL programs can & do work if done right. The LL years should be all about fundamentals, how to tackle, block, run & hold the ball, how to take the right angle, learning the wholes and different formations, the penalties, etc. They all know what touchdowns are, but when they first start many don't have a clue about the downs and how to move the chains. My youngest son has so much physical capability, but would crack you up before he learned the football jargon. WHen his coach would holler "stay outside" he would say "I am outside, what's he talking about?" When my older son told him he needed to "contain", the look on my younger son's face was priceless. He told him "I thought we were talking about football, I don't know what your talking about, but I thought we were talking about football". I'll never forget these moments. I know this is long, but why can't we just wait till our kids are in high school to play in that competitive school format. They are playing competitively in these LL programs and I really don't like the idea of having one kid playing on a Tues. night and another playing on Saturday, when they could just both be playing on Saturday. Week night (school night) football games for young kids prior to highschool seems a little ridiculous. I appreciate that my kids' games are on Saturday and not through the week. Education is very important as well. How does MS football get enough practice time in? DO they practice on Saturday? We don't practice on Wednesdays due to church or Fridays (usually) due to HS games. That only leaves 2 practice nights. Seems like they get more practice in the LL (which is extremely important). I need to stop here, I could go on for days on this subject.

Great post.

With Loudon/Seqoyah renewing their series next year, and the many friends I have in the Madisonville/Vonore area, I often use these boards to keep up w/ the program. However, I cannot figure out why there is always some sort of personal vendetta being carried out. The name of this thread is "Satisfied with Sequoyah Football?", but bickering is all there is. I would like to be able to just keep up with the program, but one has to fish thru 8 pages of personal attacks before finding any real info on the team. Ridiculous and childish. Adults should act better.

I am glad to see some other people feel the same way. This does not support the kids in any way. The folks that are doing this may think they are helping but I think they are doing more harm than good. The past is just that the PAST. We need to look to the future encourage these young men that give so much of their time to entertain us all on friday nights.

Jon Cooper

You honestly think I am mad??????? I cant stop laughing at what a fool you are making of yourself. I really thought you were at least smarter than this. It is clear to EVERYONE why you want answer,, stupid is stupid does. Remember denial will only make your inferiority complex worsen. Again why want you answer??? LOL You skipped the part about why now you want step out from behind your skirt, I mean computer and man up on who you are????? I know everyone is probably tired of this but man it is just to comical to let go,, sorry guys, just having a little fun.....well more accurately a lot of fun

Alright now big boy your time to shine, let your football genius roll, why don't you tell us what makes these two offenses so different? I mean well if you don't answer then you must be ignorant on the matter, right. I mean a man with your superior football knowledge should be able to sum this up pretty quick. Remember avoiding the question means you don't know.

I am glad to see some other people feel the same way. This does not support the kids in any way. The folks that are doing this may think they are helping but I think they are doing more harm than good. The past is just that the PAST. We need to look to the future encourage these young men that give so much of their time to entertain us all on friday nights.

Jon Cooper

Mr Cooper you are certainly in-titled too your opinion. When you have listened to this guys drivel and personal attacks on you and your family for over three years, you would feel differently. I don't see anything I have said that has been directed at the kids or is harmful to them at all. Most of them think wingT(SK) is a jerk. The problem with ignoring the past at Sequoyah is the past continues to be the present until more changes are made on the board and central office. I agree 100% that the kids need encouragement. Trust me there are many who are not about to forget what a few have done. Nor should they. so it never ever happens to a kid in Monroe county again

Alright now big boy your time to shine, let your football genius roll, why don't you tell us what makes these two offenses so different? I mean well if you don't answer then you must be ignorant on the matter, right. I mean a man with your superior football knowledge should be able to sum this up pretty quick. Remember avoiding the question means you don't know.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You want me to bail you out???????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You are the one that stuck your foot in your mouth Forrest, you clean up your own mess /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ohhhhhhhh this is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want me to bail you out???????? You are the one that stuck your foot in your mouth Forrest, you clean up your own mess Ohhhhhhhh this is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I want to bail you out, a chance to make you look good. I don't think you can do it. And you are proving me right. Fun you haven't seen anything yet.

I'm not in a mess I am proving a point now, you tried to make a mockery of me and failed, now I am going to prove you can't do what I asked you to.

WingT all you have proven is what you don't know. You made a mockery of yourself. Nice try. Naturally not man enough to come out from behind the computer or take responsibility. You never have talked any nuts and bolts football it is always just vague statements that anyone could pick up on sports talk! I have asked you time and time again to be more specific and never not once have you responded, we all know why

Yes I want to bail you out, a chance to make you look good. I don't think you can do it. And you are proving me right. Fun you haven't seen anything yet.

Ill answer for him DOC.I know why he thinks there the same.THEY BOTH HAVE A WING LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We at Greenback can relate to the pain you feel being in the middle-bottom of pack with the occassional top contending team in your LL programs. We have been there many times. We seem to always have one maybe two teams that might make a run for the top spot, but usually always seem to have a couple or more teams clawing for just a win. We have some really good atheltes in our community, just not always enough to fill every position solidly. That is the disadvantage of being a small community, but I would not trade the format for anything. The Sequoyah Conference is tough and a solid league. My oldest has played in it for 5 years now, my youngest for 2 (Cricket Conference Champs!!), and my husband has coached for over 10 years (every age group but Cutters). My oldest son came from a Hopper team that was 0-10 to a 2008 Hopper team that went 6-6 making the playoffs for the first time since he was a first year Cricket. You talk about happy!!! He learned valuable lessons during the low years and it really made him work hard and mature to reach his goals. Many on his team have showed so much improvement over one year it's amazing. We have good coaches that are more than just a coach. They are like an extension of the family. My kids feel like they have 20-30 brothers all through season. The LL programs allow kids that may not ever have a chance of playing or developing to do so. When you combine communities to form a bigger and better team you are cutting like 44 potential starting positions down to as low as 22 (Off. & Def. w/some going both ways). Plus if the Monroe County teams start joining together for Middle School ball, Greenback would have to consider joining Loudon for a county Middle School team. No disrespect to Loudon, but that would hurt a lot of our kids. It would be hard for us to compete without joining somebody (as small a school as we are). The LL programs can & do work if done right. The LL years should be all about fundamentals, how to tackle, block, run & hold the ball, how to take the right angle, learning the wholes and different formations, the penalties, etc. They all know what touchdowns are, but when they first start many don't have a clue about the downs and how to move the chains. My youngest son has so much physical capability, but would crack you up before he learned the football jargon. WHen his coach would holler "stay outside" he would say "I am outside, what's he talking about?" When my older son told him he needed to "contain", the look on my younger son's face was priceless. He told him "I thought we were talking about football, I don't know what your talking about, but I thought we were talking about football". I'll never forget these moments. I know this is long, but why can't we just wait till our kids are in high school to play in that competitive school format. They are playing competitively in these LL programs and I really don't like the idea of having one kid playing on a Tues. night and another playing on Saturday, when they could just both be playing on Saturday. Week night (school night) football games for young kids prior to highschool seems a little ridiculous. I appreciate that my kids' games are on Saturday and not through the week. Education is very important as well. How does MS football get enough practice time in? DO they practice on Saturday? We don't practice on Wednesdays due to church or Fridays (usually) due to HS games. That only leaves 2 practice nights. Seems like they get more practice in the LL (which is extremely important). I need to stop here, I could go on for days on this subject.

The problem with the LL is the restrictions. I was involved in the Loudon Quarterback club years ago, and the weight restrictions are ridiculous. I could maybe see a RB weight limit but tackle to tackle should be unlimited. The kids that play first in High School are usually the biggest, but in this conference only 1 "green stripe" can be on the field at a time. So if there is more than one green stripe on the team, then only one at a time can gain game experience. Well they get to high school and and everyone is fair game.

The next thing would be putting in the high school scheme. If more LL programs would input the HS system, there would be less need for Middle School teams, in this area anyway. I know Polk Co. has, and I beleive Loudon started this year w/ putting in the HS offenses and defenses. I wonder League wide how many teams use the systems that they are feeder programs for. I know Maryville & Alcoa start when they are crickets. Look how it turned out for them.