Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are going to play BOTH tackles in the gap?????? And then stack the backers behind them???? Geez, both guards and tackles combo the gap player to the next level four eyes on the backer and four hands on the down defender which ever way the Lb flows they rotate there combo to take him, center blocks safety, rb cleans trash QB follows and TD, that aint gonna work Forrest nobody plays wide gap defenders with stacked defenders in a forty, you will usually get a 3 tech one way and one tech the other. You can run the forty stack with both tackles playing one tech. and the backers stacked behind that, but never aligned with both tackles outside a 3 tech and the backers stacked!!!! As far as 6 in the box a good OC will take that all day long and make you pay. Your backers still can't get to the edge let alone the flats. Just how far do you think they play the safety off the LOS Forrest? Who needs to throw it?? they will kill you between the b gaps and with traps, Center uncovered he can block back in either direction. Your gap tackles coming???block 4 with 5 slide protection easy pickings, now go ahead and blitz a backer there bubba , back runs bubble route and see ya. Our 5 blocked your 5 for that 2 seconds nobody left to cover back out of the backfield you manned up remember? and all my guys went vertical. I smell smoke there Forrest, and I didn't even throw it deep,,,, yet. You are a sad little man I almost feel sorry for you.

Lots of holes here guards and tackle combo the gap player nobody hit DE's. DT's follow guards to play taking away traps. You said nobody left to cover back out of the backfield if I blitzed a LB and made it 5 on 5, still had a LB left with sole responsibilty of dogging RB. LB's have about the same distance to go as RB to get to the flats. Center blocks safety, liked to see that. Nice try!!! You did a good job of telling what can happen if a play is executed perfectly.

I would like to apologize to those whose nerves I am sure were irritated for going on this tangent should have never let it happen. And I can promise I won't let it happen again. Maybe I can participate in some good Sequoyah High FB conversations later, looking forward to spring practice.

Sequoyah football has had very interesting 2008 season. One thing is for sure (IMO) is that the results were far short of what expectations were after spring practice. Returning at least 15 seniors, the Chiefs had the ability to compete with the region's best and to contend for a playoff spot. I am not on here bashing the the current coaching staff or the players who despite numerous challenges kept themselves in contention for a playoff position. That in itself was done because of the players and coaches. But you really have to wonder what if?

2008 might have been the season that Sequoyah football turned the corner. All the elements were in place. A offense that could score and a defense that defended the run as good as anybody in the region. Offense had a quality QB and enough RB to make the triple option effective. On defense 37 and 57 were among the regions best. Yes, the passing game was not the best but effective when using play-action. The biggest weakness on defense was small corners but their speed made up for some of that.

Instead of great success, outside influences caused negative outcomes especially early in the season. Losing the head coach and almost the whole coaching staff after spring practice caused such a disruption that no team could overcome. The Chiefs were better than GP, Sweetwater and Norte Dame. Only the turmoil of a coaching change lead to those defeats. I truly believe that Sequaoyah could have finished 7-3 if the school board had not run the coaching staff out.

IMO, the Sequoyah football program is headed in the right direction. The Chiefs loss of 15 seniors will be hard to overcome. Thier experience will be hard to replace. I think another 5-5 season would be a success in 2009. Central has 24 seniors coming back and Polk returns almost everybody. Loudon, Lenior City and CAK will be tough games. Wins against Tellico, Sweetwater, Meigs and Scott County. Coach Satterfield will get the players out but one has got to wonder, how long will he be there? The leadership at the school board has got to make a committment to football.

Lots of holes here guards and tackle combo the gap player nobody hit DE's. DT's follow guards to play taking away traps. You said nobody left to cover back out of the backfield if I blitzed a LB and made it 5 on 5, still had a LB left with sole responsibilty of dogging RB. LB's have about the same distance to go as RB to get to the flats. Center blocks safety, liked to see that. Nice try!!! You did a good job of telling what can happen if a play is executed perfectly.

I would like to apologize to those whose nerves I am sure were irritated for going on this tangent should have never let it happen. And I can promise I won't let it happen again. Maybe I can participate in some good Sequoyah High FB conversations later, looking forward to spring practice.

No way DE gets to A gap, center blocking back on traps want be able to chase, No Forrest Rb runs bubble route to side of blitz. If center doesn't block safety lead Rb will. Even if that play is not executed perfectly it will still gash you, in that alignment. I don't think the high school level is where "you" will get good conversation.

Sequoyah football has had very interesting 2008 season. One thing is for sure (IMO) is that the results were far short of what expectations were after spring practice. Returning at least 15 seniors, the Chiefs had the ability to compete with the region's best and to contend for a playoff spot. I am not on here bashing the the current coaching staff or the players who despite numerous challenges kept themselves in contention for a playoff position. That in itself was done because of the players and coaches. But you really have to wonder what if?

2008 might have been the season that Sequoyah football turned the corner. All the elements were in place. A offense that could score and a defense that defended the run as good as anybody in the region. Offense had a quality QB and enough RB to make the triple option effective. On defense 37 and 57 were among the regions best. Yes, the passing game was not the best but effective when using play-action. The biggest weakness on defense was small corners but their speed made up for some of that.

Instead of great success, outside influences caused negative outcomes especially early in the season. Losing the head coach and almost the whole coaching staff after spring practice caused such a disruption that no team could overcome. The Chiefs were better than GP, Sweetwater and Norte Dame. Only the turmoil of a coaching change lead to those defeats. I truly believe that Sequaoyah could have finished 7-3 if the school board had not run the coaching staff out.

IMO, the Sequoyah football program is headed in the right direction. The Chiefs loss of 15 seniors will be hard to overcome. Thier experience will be hard to replace. I think another 5-5 season would be a success in 2009. Central has 24 seniors coming back and Polk returns almost everybody. Loudon, Lenior City and CAK will be tough games. Wins against Tellico, Sweetwater, Meigs and Scott County. Coach Satterfield will get the players out but one has got to wonder, how long will he be there? The leadership at the school board has got to make a committment to football.

Great Post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It takes a Central fan to put it all in perspective. Great post you OLD HORSE...... I agree totaly..... I think it will take more then just reaping the fruits of the previous staffs hard work and dedication to say that we have turn the corner or are headed in the right direction. The proving ground is just ahead for coach Satterfeild and his staff. I just hope that he is given the time and support that will be needed just to determine if we are head in any dierection at all..... So to answer the question that was ask to start this thread ......NO I'm not satisfied with this past years proformance. I feel WE as a community underacheived our potentcial, I'm afraid we will countinue to do so as long as we allow the selfish politics and agendas of a few to rule this county. We as a community made a statement this last election, and we must not soon forget that when the next election comes around just who the few were that put us in this place. It's time for the majoity to speak and if we do, it will be loud and clear.

I'm not just concerned with Sequoyah Football.... but Sequoyah athletics in general. No one has asked the question as to how coach Satterfeild will do as AD, and I'm not sure that any one really cares at the home office, but i do think it is time to start make them (the folk on Oak Grove Road) accountable for the product that our school system is turning out. Does anyone know how many schools are on academic probation in this county I can assure you that it is not just Sweetwater. Did any of you happen go to the Heritage Middle School basketball game and see all the banners that are hung in thier gym that represented all the sports offerd at that school. Thier was ten or twelve different ones, from cross country... to tennis, softball... to football, WHY can we not have that here. Heck we can't even get our grass mowed to look like anything.... our schools look more like you are driving up to a prison, rather then a institution for young pepoles education, and does anyone know what a weed eater is used for???? Yes I'm rambiling but i feel that it is time for the good people of Tellico, Sweetwater, Vonore, Madisonville, and all the small communities in between stand up for this great County and hold those people accountable for the decisions made that directly effect our young people.

It takes a Central fan to put it all in perspective. Great post you OLD HORSE...... I agree totaly..... I think it will take more then just reaping the fruits of the previous staffs hard work and dedication to say that we have turn the corner or are headed in the right direction. The proving ground is just ahead for coach Satterfeild and his staff. I just hope that he is given the time and support that will be needed just to determine if we are head in any dierection at all..... So to answer the question that was ask to start this thread ......NO I'm not satisfied with this past years proformance. I feel WE as a community underacheived our potentcial, I'm afraid we will countinue to do so as long as we allow the selfish politics and agendas of a few to rule this county. We as a community made a statement this last election, and we must not soon forget that when the next election comes around just who the few were that put us in this place. It's time for the majoity to speak and if we do, it will be loud and clear.

I'm not just concerned with Sequyah Football.... but Sequyah athletics in general. No one has asked the question as to how coach Satterfeild will do as AD, and I'm not sure that any one really cares at the home office, but i do think it is time to start make them (the folk on Oak Grove Road) accountable for the product that are school system is turning out. Does anyone know how many schools are on academic probation in this county I can assure you that it is not just Sweetwater. Did any of you happen go to the Heritage Middle School basketball game and see all the banners that are hung in thier gym that represented all the sports afford at that school. Thier was ten or twelve different ones, from cross country... to tennis, softball... to football, WHY can we not have that here. Heck we can't even get our grass mowed to look like anything.... our schools look more like you are driving up to a prison, rather then a institution for young pepoles education, and does anyone know what a weed eater is used for???? Yes I'm rambiling but i feel that it is time for the good people of Tellico, Sweetwater, Vonore, Madisonville, and all the small communities in between stand up for this great County and hold those people accountable for the decisions made that directly effect our young people.

Great post. I think there are a lot more people that feel the same way. There have been several that you speak of that make scratch your back decisions or lets get even, with NO BASIS for fact,,,, they are never even at the games ,,,, you start by cutting the head of the snake(central office). Replacing some more board members will do wonders for the entire county. The board needs to vote now on not letting a spouse work for the schools in the same district her husband represents, That just crazy and should be one of the first things the board does to send a message that things are changing. Again great post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great post. I think there are a lot more people that feel the same way. There have been several that you speak of that make scratch your back decisions or lets get even, with NO BASIS for fact,,,, they are never even at the games ,,,, you start by cutting the head of the snake(central office). Replacing some more board members will do wonders for the entire county. The board needs to vote now on not letting a spouse work for the schools in the same district her husband represents, That just crazy and should be one of the first things the board does to send a message that things are changing. Again great post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you guys.Its remarkable what a few people can get done in this county because of who they know.If i was a board member or a supt.of schools ,when a problem arises i would talk to everyone instead of takin a few people advise.Thats what their there for, for the majority not the minority.And they need to be accountable and we must not forget who they are.The problem here is the good old boy network.We need to get away from that and do whats best for these kids.

Now don't get me wrong,i like COACH S.but i wouln'd be surprized if some of his coachs don't help this coming year.Hope i'm wrong but i just have that feeling.He was already short a few,we had the smallest coaching staff of anyone we played this year.And who wants to come here with the big pay our county gives.I would bet to say that most assit.coachs make more then are head coach does.People really need to find out the truth and not ignore it.Let your voice be heard now,not when your kid reaches high school,because then its to late.

I agree with you guys.Its remarkable what a few people can get done in this county because of who they know.If i was a board member or a supt.of schools ,when a problem arises i would talk to everyone instead of takin a few people advise.Thats what their there for, for the majority not the minority.And they need to be accountable and we must not forget who they are.The problem here is the good old boy network.We need to get away from that and do whats best for these kids.

Now don't get me wrong,i like COACH S.but i wouln'd be surprized if some of his coachs don't help this coming year.Hope i'm wrong but i just have that feeling.He was already short a few,we had the smallest coaching staff of anyone we played this year.And who wants to come here with the big pay our county gives.I would bet to say that most assit.coachs make more then are head coach does.People really need to find out the truth and not ignore it.Let your voice be heard now,not when your kid reaches high school,because then its to late.

IMO I THINK THE MINORITY IS DOING THE KEYBOARD PUNCHING AND THE MAJORITY IS QUIETLY LAUGHING THEIR BEHINDS OFF AT ALL THIS WHINING.

THIS WHOLE BOARD IS BETTER ENTERTAINMENT THAN ANYTHING YOU COULD WATCH ON TV OR HEAR ON THE RADIO

J COOPER

IMO I THINK THE MINORITY IS DOING THE KEYBOARD PUNCHING AND THE MAJORITY IS QUIETLY LAUGHING THEIR BEHINDS OFF AT ALL THIS WHINING.

THIS WHOLE BOARD IS BETTER ENTERTAINMENT THAN ANYTHING YOU COULD WATCH ON TV OR HEAR ON THE RADIO

J COOPER

I don't look at my childrens education as a laughing matter. Just look around the county at the shape our countys educational program is in and tell me if your still laughing...... if you are then you really don't have the well being of our young poeple at heart.

I don't look at my childrens education as a laughing matter. Just look around the county at the shape our countys educational program is in and tell me if your still laughing...... if you are then you really don't have the well being of our young poeple at heart.

Have you not been reading this link. The whining has not been about education it has been about football and how the kids were done dirty in football. Nowhere has the education been brung up, until the last few posts. So dont tell me all of the sudden it is about education when the last 22 pages have been about the football program and a few egos being bruised

J Cooper

Have you not been reading this link. The whining has not been about education it has been about football and how the kids were done dirty in football. Nowhere has the education been brung up, until the last few posts. So dont tell me all of the sudden it is about education when the last 22 pages have been about the football program and a few egos being bruised

J Cooper

In 22 page I have made one post, asking about Sattersfeild as AD. I'm not getting caught up in all the antics of SK, and DR DAVE..... I'm simply giving my veiw. There is a much bigger problem here than just FOOTBALL.

J Cooper

Well to tell u the truth i've really just been picking on slobber.He has made alot of comments about us,just throwing it back at him a little.Its all about playing time issues with him and thats sad.But i ask u this,because your probably outside looking in,because i have never heard of you ,so that probably means you have not been around much.But now i will say this,education is the most inportant thing,don't think no will argure that.But its sounds like you are satisfied with the sports program,or you wouldn't be talking about people whinning.Just a question to you,why are you satisfied,give me exsamples.