Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

Looking for a little more input on what kids are out there but not playing, and as the winning percentage goes up so should the number of kids coming out.

Your right and that goes with any program. The Mitchell kid you mentioned earlier might be Cody Mitchell. Don't know a whole lot about him but he is a big guy. He has a strong arm too. He pitched some in youth league. With his size, I believe he could be molded into a good lineman.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, plus those flat passes work just as good as a running play to keep defenses honest. It can open up the deep ball also because enough of them and the DB's start taking hesitation steps in coverage that can allow a receiver to get past them.

How would you defend against this kind of offense? Just my own personal guess, but I was thinking along the lines of a 4-4. That would give you linebackers inside to stop the dives and outside to try to control the sweeps and possibly gaurd against those flat passes.

You got those sweeps, flat passes, and dives that the LB's are always thinking about so I like my chances of slipping the tight end past those LB's with a little play action.

The 4-4 would give you a wide variety of blitz packages that you could throw at this offense. Plus I like having 1 safety patroling the middle of the field.

You got those sweeps, flat passes, and dives that the LB's are always thinking about so I like my chances of slipping the tight end past those LB's with a little play action.

The 4-4 would give you a wide variety of blitz packages that you could throw at this offense. Plus I like having 1 safety patroling the middle of the field.

What happens when they go guads and 4 vertical?

Ok slobber, lets talk football. Just me and you right now.

What is your favorite style of offense? Forget the ongoing discussion about the Wing-T and the Double Wing, out of all the offensive styles, which one is your favorite?

Now isn't that sweet!

It is time to move on Doc. The kids seemed very happy at the end of the year. Yeah they were probably frustrated at first but they got over it, and now they have the stabilty they deserve.

I have moved on I am having a great time doing things I haven't been able to do in years. No they did not get over it, they adapted and dealt with it but by no means did they get over it. Yeah they do deserve stability and I hope they get it. The instability will go away when they quit playing politics and hire the most qualified for the job regardless of what minority group of wanta be know it alls, important for the moment are not allowed to influence self indulging board members and the director of schools. Its really very simple make the right decisions for the right reasons, instead of trying to scratch someones back or hope to get back some favors. That in itself is sick enough but to do it and affecting the kids, the future of the community is down right criminal in my opinion. The thing is you can bet it is the normal mode of operation for certain board members and administration for many decisions in our schools and not just for sports. That in itself should scare the good people of Monroe county to death.

It is time to move on Doc. The kids seemed very happy at the end of the year. Yeah they were probably frustrated at first but they got over it, and now they have the stabilty they deserve.

All about playing time issues /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have moved on I am having a great time doing things I haven't been able to do in years. No they did not get over it, they adapted and dealt with it but by no means did they get over it. Yeah they do deserve stability and I hope they get it. The instability will go away when they quit playing politics and hire the most qualified for the job regardless of what minority group of wanta be know it alls, important for the moment are not allowed to influence self indulging board members and the director of schools. Its really very simple make the right decisions for the right reasons, instead of trying to scratch someones back or hope to get back some favors. That in itself is sick enough but to do it and affecting the kids, the future of the community is down right criminal in my opinion. The thing is you can bet it is the normal mode of operation for certain board members and administration for many decisions in our schools and not just for sports. That in itself should scare the good people of Monroe county to death.

They did that Satterfield was more than qualified for the job and in my opinion should have been hired years ago, and this whole mess would have been avoided. The majority of people wanted this change not the minority. If you have moved and it is about the kids you would let this go, cause this anger you have cause you were embarrassed is just doing more damage.

Got another topic for everyone, untapped tallent not on the field? Any kids come to mind? I was happy to see the Lay kid back on the gridiron, this past season, he will be pushing for a spot in the backfield IMO. The boys tell me of a individual, 6'3" 245lb sophmore, think they said his name is Mitchell, he sounds like a beast. Was also wondering what happen to the Sims kid, also should be a sophmore. Thoughts?

I think one of the ones u are talking about grades will get.Another bad note the huffman kid as of right now has moved.Also if i heard right TOPA transfered to SWEETWATER.

Well, my implication was that coach Summey and coach Gregory had both told me that they seek the input of all assistants. That is why I implied that I knew because I believe what they said. I put a lot of stock into what both of these men told me and took it as fact. When I asked either one of them about things pertaining to the program, I took their word as fact. Not only had they told me that, but Jeff had told me that when he and I talked at a fall scrimmage. If he had thought back, he would have remembered us having that discussion. Funny that I brought that up, you know, your big about telling people to come talk to face to face or to call you. Jeff felt there was things I needed to hear from him, so he came and talked to me about them. Why haven't I heard from you besides on here? If I have done so much wrong that you have been so upset about, why haven't you talked to me about it? You have had the opportunity. I stood not 10 feet from you the whole G-P game. In fact, I think every time I have seen you, we have exchanged pleasantries without anything else being said. So, to use your words, if you have a problem with me call me or come see me, be glad to sit down and talk with you, but there will be no more of it on here.

If you act like you know something on hear and I don't know if you do I will call you on it. As far as speaking to you Kevin I was just trying to be civil. If that bothers you I can fix that no problem. Do you remember the real reason Jeff talked with you? I do because I was setting with him when he went to talk to you. I haven't run around beating my chest for anyone to talk to me, I may have made that comment sure, but none of you guys ever did come talk to me and that was quite awhile before any of this, but your right in any context I should have done that. you must have me mixed up with one of your buds that started that(just call me if you want to talk to me). when people were making comments in reference to him on here, but it was okay for him to make comments about kids and coaches no less on here and he nevr called any of them! It is some how different when the shoe is on the other foot. I talked with you on your involvement in what happened last summer, on here you gave your side, I was told something quite different, I have tried to take your word for it. As far as no more of it on here, I really don't know how you mean by that, if you are talking about yourself, that is fine, if you are talking about me,,,last time I looked I don't see where I am suppose to answer to you Kevin.

They did that Satterfield was more than qualified for the job and in my opinion should have been hired years ago, and this whole mess would have been avoided. The majority of people wanted this change not the minority. If you have moved and it is about the kids you would let this go, cause this anger you have cause you were embarrassed is just doing more damage.

Satterfield and nothing against him was not the most qualified this time, it is just the way it happens sometimes. You aren't always going to be the lead pony. He was surly more qualified when they hired Summey. The only anger I have is the way some on the board have gotten away with doing business (till now) and how those kind of uninformed decision cheat the kids of Monroe county. The only ones embarrassed in this deal were the medaling parents and the board member and his wife. We have moved in the right direction to a degree and will correct the rest of the problem next election and sooner on not being able to work in the district your spouse serves as a board member.

Satterfield and nothing against him was not the most qualified this time, it is just the way it happens sometimes. You aren't always going to be the lead pony. He was surly more qualified when they hired Summey. The only anger I have is the way some on the board have gotten away with doing business (till now) and how those kind of uninformed decision cheat the kids of Monroe county. The only ones embarrassed in this deal were the medaling parents and the board member and his wife. We have moved in the right direction to a degree and will correct the rest of the problem next election and sooner on not being able to work in the district your spouse serves as a board member.

Well the election stuff will work itself out in due time. The unhappy will have a chance to make noise then.