Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

Make no mistake about it I am not the enemy here and sorry that you were involve, maybe someday I will be allowed to peacefully talk about FB again

Ok slobber, lets talk football. Just me and you right now.

What is your favorite style of offense? Forget the ongoing discussion about the Wing-T and the Double Wing, out of all the offensive styles, which one is your favorite?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

READ it again Dave. I was actually backing up Jeff's previous comments as to how you was not involved. My statement says that coach Summey and coach Gregory gathered input from the assistants. I never stated or anywhere, anyhow implied that I got input from the assistants. Geesh, get over your chip on your shoulder about me and quit being so blame defensive about everything I say! Now have you been enlightened?

And by the way, I capitalized the word all before assistants so that it could not be taken the wrong way and assumed I meant they only sought input from you and Jeff. The capitalization was done to draw attention to the fact that there were more assistants than the two of you.

Maybe you need to read it again Kevin,Your statement made it sound like you were contradicting what Jeff had said earlier. You made a statement of fact of how things went with coaches input, as if you had direct knowledge of such. I am sick of people making statements like they have direct knowledge of how things work when in fact they don't. You make a statement that would require you to be present to know it to be FACT. If someone told you so then just say it that way, don't imply otherwise. By the way Jeff called me and saw the post the same way. "I never stated or anywhere, anyhow implied that I got input from the assistants." Yet you make a statement as that you know how it worked?????????? "I can say that the previous year the final decision on who played and who didn't was decided between Summey and coach Gregory". In "fact" that is exactly correct. "They did take input from ALL assistants, but they made the final decision." The input from assistant coaches was on the "position they coached" that is what needs to be clarified. How could I give input on running backs when I don't even know what they are doing during practice, I would have to ask Jake what they did that day. During team you are to pre occupied on coaching and watching your guys to pay much attention to anyone else. Jake would ask me sometimes how I liked this run or that run and I would have to tell him I didn't even see it. If you are coaching your guys right you are to focused to know. That is what the OC is for and Gregory was the best I have ever seen at it. We would bust a play and in 30 seconds he would fix it. The O-line coach has five guys to watch backside and play-side, QB coach has one to watch, but still you are coaching YOUR guys or guy and to focused on coaching them to be worried about ANYBODY else. These parents that complained about me and Jeff, God is my witness and any of the coaches, and I mean any will tell you NOT ONCE, NOT ONCE ,if that kid did not play in the line did I EVER MENTION THERE KIDS NAME NOT ONCE. You make the commitment and sacrifices,family, financially, free time and to get accused of crap like we have and NONE of it true. Its a disgrace. There is few that says well its the "perception" of having a Dad out there, the problem with that if you look hard enough you can use "perceptions" as an excuse for a whole bag of things, you have to have fact and proof to back up what you say or you can have a "perception" for about anything, but that dosent make it anywhere near the truth. . Maybe I do have a chip on my shoulder, you know what, I really don't care. I just am dead set on not ever letting what happen to "ALL" the kids in Monroe county ever happen again. You see for me it was just about the kids and the is all. To see them done they way they have been done, to look into there faces and see the pain and frustration is hard to swallow. Yet the people involved are never around(except for a few parents with kids already graduated) to look those kids in the eyes. The people that were involved in that mess and they ALL know who they are, it will ride with you every time you go to town, out to eat, wallmart, where ever, It tarnished you and you had a chance to fix it and you wouldn't do the right thing, that still hasn't come out yet but it will......So yeah Kevin I guess you could say I have been enlightened.

Ok slobber, lets talk football. Just me and you right now.

What is your favorite style of offense? Forget the ongoing discussion about the Wing-T and the Double Wing, out of all the offensive styles, which one is your favorite?

At the high school level I like split backs with one tight end, a split end, and a flanker. It can give you a good variety of pass and run, allows you to drop back into shotgun formation easily, and I like the abilty to use motion in this set as well.

Well, my implication was that coach Summey and coach Gregory had both told me that they seek the input of all assistants. That is why I implied that I knew because I believe what they said. I put a lot of stock into what both of these men told me and took it as fact. When I asked either one of them about things pertaining to the program, I took their word as fact. Not only had they told me that, but Jeff had told me that when he and I talked at a fall scrimmage. If he had thought back, he would have remembered us having that discussion. Funny that I brought that up, you know, your big about telling people to come talk to face to face or to call you. Jeff felt there was things I needed to hear from him, so he came and talked to me about them. Why haven't I heard from you besides on here? If I have done so much wrong that you have been so upset about, why haven't you talked to me about it? You have had the opportunity. I stood not 10 feet from you the whole G-P game. In fact, I think every time I have seen you, we have exchanged pleasantries without anything else being said. So, to use your words, if you have a problem with me call me or come see me, be glad to sit down and talk with you, but there will be no more of it on here.

At the high school level I like split backs with one tight end, a split end, and a flanker. It can give you a good variety of pass and run, allows you to drop back into shotgun formation easily, and I like the abilty to use motion in this set as well.

I like the Single Wing myself. I know it is probably to easily defended in today's game, but I still love it.

It is time to move on Doc. The kids seemed very happy at the end of the year. Yeah they were probably frustrated at first but they got over it, and now they have the stabilty they deserve.

What SLOBBER is trying to say here is.

It's time for the Doc to move on BUT He should be able

to throw PLUGS at the Doc just so he feels good.

He realy didn't care what the kids felt but he was happy

and the end of the year.

Don't worry SLOBBER as long as you have hidden issues

I'll be here to clear them up for you.

Got another topic for everyone, untapped tallent not on the field? Any kids come to mind? I was happy to see the Lay kid back on the gridiron, this past season, he will be pushing for a spot in the backfield IMO. The boys tell me of a individual, 6'3" 245lb sophmore, think they said his name is Mitchell, he sounds like a beast. Was also wondering what happen to the Sims kid, also should be a sophmore. Thoughts?

I like the Single Wing myself. I know it is probably to easily defended in today's game, but I still love it.

Preference it is a matter of preference. With split backs I like the idea of throwing to the backs out in the flats with possibly getting a mismatch on a LB. plus sweps from this formation can kill a defense with one back lead blocking for the other and pulling a gaurd out as well.

Got another topic for everyone, untapped tallent not on the field? Any kids come to mind? I was happy to see the Lay kid back on the gridiron, this past season, he will be pushing for a spot in the backfield IMO. The boys tell me of a individual, 6'3" 245lb sophmore, think they said his name is Mitchell, he sounds like a beast. Was also wondering what happen to the Sims kid, also should be a sophmore. Thoughts?

With Satterfield coaching I expect the number of kids out next season to climb quite a bit.

Preference it is a matter of preference. With split backs I like the idea of throwing to the backs out in the flats with possibly getting a mismatch on a LB. plus sweps from this formation can kill a defense with one back lead blocking for the other and pulling a gaurd out as well.

I agree, plus those flat passes work just as good as a running play to keep defenses honest. It can open up the deep ball also because enough of them and the DB's start taking hesitation steps in coverage that can allow a receiver to get past them.

How would you defend against this kind of offense? Just my own personal guess, but I was thinking along the lines of a 4-4. That would give you linebackers inside to stop the dives and outside to try to control the sweeps and possibly gaurd against those flat passes.