Dobyns Bennett Football

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's continue the discussions of Dobyns Bennett football here, as the 'other' thread has been played out. Thoughts, opinions, jokes, smack talk, and information welcome.

That's right w1ldcat, it does say offseason thread and yes jokes and smack talk ARE welcome. Feel free to chime in old chap.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I wasn't going to smacktalk on here actually. I had just asked on another thread about DB's schedule for next year and who they are playing non-conference. You all need to play some good teams out of conference because you won't find the competition inside the conference.

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I wasn't going to smacktalk on here actually. I had just asked on another thread about DB's schedule for next year and who they are playing non-conference. You all need to play some good teams out of conference because you won't find the competition inside the conference.

That's what I want to know as well. It's safe to assume that DB will be playing the following teams:

South

Science Hill

Tennessee High

Central

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Volunteer

DB will need to schedule 3 tough non-district opponents if they don't want to be shocked in the playoffs. The possibility that Oak Ridge is no longer an option gives DB the opportunity to possibly schedule a game with a Division 2 school or a Region 4 5A school. If the the current district setup is correct, DB fans will definately feel like the Indians have dropped down in classification.

That's what I want to know as well. It's safe to assume that DB will be playing the following teams:

South

Science Hill

Tennessee High

Central

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Volunteer

DB will need to schedule 3 tough non-district opponents if they don't want to be shocked in the playoffs. The possibility that Oak Ridge is no longer an option gives DB the opportunity to possibly schedule a game with a Division 2 school or a Region 4 5A school. If the the current district setup is correct, DB fans will definately feel like the Indians have dropped down in classification.

I agree. I would have loved to have seen Wilson Central, Smyrna or Oakland at Dobyns-Bennett

I agree. I would have loved to have seen Wilson Central, Smyrna or Oakland at Dobyns-Bennett

I wouldn't mind going to J-Fred every other year if they'd help fix the visitors stands. I don't think it will happen. ( playing DB I mean ) I think WB will play Sevier Co. each year out of region. I've heard some other team mentioned but can't recall who it was... as I've been told " gettin old aint for sissies "....

Good Luck

Let's continue the discussions of Dobyns Bennett football here, as the 'other' thread has been played out. Thoughts, opinions, jokes, smack talk, and information welcome.

That's right w1ldcat, it does say offseason thread and yes jokes and smack talk ARE welcome. Feel free to chime in old chap.

Oh my lord, you loosened up your grip a bit! I can't believe I read a TCSF post where you use words like "jokes" and "smack talk." I thought the DB loss would have hardened your heart, but it appears you are a new man! Congratulations! How does it feel buddy?

Ooltewah will probably looking for 4 non-district games (unless they either go with Silverpie's plan or a Super Region with the planned District 6). But would DB want to travel 3.5 hours for a game?

I'd like to see that game... Hey , maybe a neutral site somewhere around, oh lets say, Blount County...... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

tpoole12

My prediction is that DB goes 8-3 next year losing in the first round in the playoffs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How will the playoff format be decided? If we play like we have in the past, we will play the 4th from region 2. Which now would become region 4? Is this correct? I'm confused already.