Dobyns Bennett Football

Well, us SOUTH fans were going to eat some crow but most of it was gone...someone said all of DB's fans hogged it all up,heck they say that DB fan's love crow,ha!ha! they eat it all the time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We just left the bones,a few Rebels must have got choked on them

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just shows that awards don't mean anything. They are typically given because of seniority instead of true worth. Politics and nepotism are very much alive and always will be in good ole E.TN. I guess DB vs McMinn CO. would have been the same outcome if CS would have played in the 2nd half.

For athletes that are good enough to play on the next level, true experts know who they are. Major publications are aware of who's doing what.

But again, in the big scheme, it doesn't change the fact that football is a team sport. Jamie was a good choice for player of the year, (at least as good as any other), but CS being the 4th best back is rediculous.

It was a disgrace that CS was not 1st team all conference.

South played a MUCH weaker season. It shows when McMinn came to DB. South still only has 1 (one) win over a team west of Morristown. DB has a ton of wins in that regard. South points to Maryville. Forget Maryville, South has never evern beat anyone else in Maryville's area. South had a great QB, but DB was playing teams often that did not give them the option to pull a starting QB in the first half. DB, is the only team in upper east TN that realizes what the rest of the state hold for us all, a butt whippin. Until South beats a team west of Morristown I don't care what round they make it to, DB plays major teams in the first round and the regular season. There is a major difference in teams at all levels west of morristown and no in 4A it ain't just Maryville like South likes to think. There are a dozen other teams waiting to take it to you.

Basic football 101:

Region 1 & 2 in 4A don't touch Knoxville.

Region 1 5A is already there by goegraphy. Region 2 5A is even worse with Knoxville and Chattanooga, get it!

DB must play a serious threat (even though they are the #3 or #4 seed in Region 2, they still would be NE TN killers to us all!)

Point is, DB has beaten these teams around Knoxville and Chattanooga before, South beat Powell once like 15 years ago. Forget MAryville, heck South get past Greeneville a team DB has lost to once in 20 years? I count 11 losses to Greeneville by South not regular season in the same time span.

A very strange post.

The demographics of the old (current) 4A football tournament are that half of the teams in that classification are in East Tennesee. West of Knoxville does not mean much. Chattanooga and Knoxville compete in R3 and R4; north of Knoxville and NET compete in R2 and R1. South and THS compete with the Morristowns, G'ville, and then the R3 / R4 winner. An analogy for D-B would be for Riverdale and Lincoln Co to be in East Tennessee. They would have even a harder time advancing than they do now. It is just about location and size of schools and their geography.

The point is in 4A as in 5A the larger areas, Knoxvill, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Memphis all dominate schools in our area when we meet. Region 1 4A gets to avoid these teams until late in the playoffs. DB does not. Simple

I understand. Of course, the Tri Cities metro area is clearly the fifth largest population area in the state. And no football champion in my limited recent memory has come from Memphis. In this case, does size matter?

Memphis has had a few. Not as many lately, but more when compared to the Tri Cities. Melrose, MUS, Christian Brothers to name a few. Basketball is more their thing. Slice it any way you want! I don't know the reason. My stat still stands true. I base it more on location, not size of city. West of Morristown owns us.

Now South can go blow their tuba's. What a joke. Couldnt even beat Greenville. Mo East is better than Greenville.. Lost to a next year 2a school and 4a playoff team. Ihate to say i told you that you would lose to Greenville,but here goes smart guy." i told you so" Now, just wait until next year and you will see exactly who #32 is. Sensabaugh will probably rush for 200+ and 3-4 Td's. Oh well, you guys can't beat Maryville anyway. So at least you won't have to make any ecuses for that outcome to. Can't believe that South redneck tossed his seat cussion at the refs. Good thing he did'nt bring his pistol with him. What a friggin joke.... Roll Tribe

Come on 91 give it a break....as far as next year,we will be more than ready for the challenge!!!!

Memphis has had a few. Not as many lately, but more when compared to the Tri Cities. Melrose, MUS, Christian Brothers to name a few. Basketball is more their thing. Slice it any way you want! I don't know the reason. My stat still stands true. I base it more on location, not size of city. West of Morristown owns us.

I don't agree with any of the previous post on this matter. I think its all about getting the right program in place from pee-wee league to high school seniors. I will use DB only as a example. The pee-wee leagues have no real connection to middle school or high school coaches or even the programs in general. Most of the coaches in pee-wee have no clue what they are doing, and most do it to feed their own ego. The coaching at Sevier & Robinson is terrible, to put it mildly. I have been to many practices and games at the middle schools. I know what im talking about here. When the players get to DB they don't even know the proper way to catch the ball or the proper way to carry the ball when running. Many of the players have been playing a position that's not right for them and their ability. So basically all the time they spend in pee-wee and middle school is wasted.

A system must be put in place by the coaching staff at DB with help from the school board and most of all the community. The perfect model that has worked for ever is right down the road in a little town called Maryville (73 WINS IN A ROW) Its a no brainer. Their are alot of X - DB players in this town that would make excelent pee-wee coaches and the middle school coaches need to be replaced with "real" coaches. The biggest mistake in the past 10 years was when the school board got coned by Clark and gave him the big raise along with the "state of art" field house. You do the math, the day Clark received the raise was the day his coaching skills/play calling started going south. He now knows that all he has to do is win 8 games a year and he's set for life. He knows everything he ask for he will get, ie the new field turf. He has no real incentive to win a playoff game of state championship. We, as a community have sang our praises to the coaching staff for way to long now. They have never delivered. It has cost the tax payers in Kingsoprt $ millions $ and we have become the laughing stock of the entire state.

That just shows that awards don't mean anything. They are typically given because of seniority instead of true worth. Politics and nepotism are very much alive and always will be in good ole E.TN. I guess DB vs McMinn CO. would have been the same outcome if CS would have played in the 2nd half.

For athletes that are good enough to play on the next level, true experts know who they are. Major publications are aware of who's doing what.

But again, in the big scheme, it doesn't change the fact that football is a team sport. Jamie was a good choice for player of the year, (at least as good as any other), but CS being the 4th best back is rediculous.

I read yours and etfans post and agree that Sensabaugh should have made first team.

I don't know how many rbs are selected.Sensabaugh had around 1100 yds.I believe,while D.Young of

Bearden over 2000 yds, W.Brooks of Jeff. Co. around 1800 and T.Albright of Campbell Co. who led in tds.

and I think also over 2000yds. Those were the top backs in the Big East period. To say that politics and

nepotism played a part of the selection of those backs and any other players selected on the conference team is an

insult to the players who played thier hearts out.Obama09 I think you showed your true colors IMO in your

post.The experts as you say are well aware of who does what by watching game films.Stats show that

Sensabaugh was the 4th best back .As far as nepotism,nobody from this family is related to anybody

in any coaching position.

I don't agree with any of the previous post on this matter. I think its all about getting the right program in place from pee-wee league to high school seniors. I will use DB only as a example. The pee-wee leagues have no real connection to middle school or high school coaches or even the programs in general. Most of the coaches in pee-wee have no clue what they are doing, and most do it to feed their own ego. The coaching at Sevier & Robinson is terrible, to put it mildly. I have been to many practices and games at the middle schools. I know what im talking about here. When the players get to DB they don't even know the proper way to catch the ball or the proper way to carry the ball when running. Many of the players have been playing a position that's not right for them and their ability. So basically all the time they spend in pee-wee and middle school is wasted.

A system must be put in place by the coaching staff at DB with help from the school board and most of all the community. The perfect model that has worked for ever is right down the road in a little town called Maryville (73 WINS IN A ROW) Its a no brainer. Their are alot of X - DB players in this town that would make excelent pee-wee coaches and the middle school coaches need to be replaced with "real" coaches. The biggest mistake in the past 10 years was when the school board got coned by Clark and gave him the big raise along with the "state of art" field house. You do the math, the day Clark received the raise was the day his coaching skills/play calling started going south. He now knows that all he has to do is win 8 games a year and he's set for life. He knows everything he ask for he will get, ie the new field turf. He has no real incentive to win a playoff game of state championship. We, as a community have sang our praises to the coaching staff for way to long now. They have never delivered. It has cost the tax payers in Kingsoprt $ millions $ and we have become the laughing stock of the entire state.

You and I have had our differences and agreements on this board in the past. I give you 5 stars for this analysis of D-B's situation. The youth league and middle school comments are spot on. Just look at the relative success of neighboring middle schools. Colonial Heights, Church Hill, Vance, and even Holston have had great success in recent years. Robinson is very uneven - sometimes good and sometimes very bad. Sevier is more consistent but generally not at all dominant against the other middle schools I mentioned earlier. One thing I would give the D-B coaching staff credit for is player development. They do seem to do a good job in developing the MS talent over the next few years, particularly when competing with local teams. I would assume this is a credit to the D-B position coaches.

On another history note, is Greeneville the last local (NET counties north east of Hamblen county) team to beat D-B in the regular season?

You and I have had our differences and agreements on this board in the past. I give you 5 stars for this analysis of D-B's situation. The youth league and middle school comments are spot on. Just look at the relative success of neighboring middle schools. Colonial Heights, Church Hill, Vance, and even Holston have had great success in recent years. Robinson is very uneven - sometimes good and sometimes very bad. Sevier is more consistent but generally not at all dominant against the other middle schools I mentioned earlier. One thing I would give the D-B coaching staff credit for is player development. They do seem to do a good job in developing the MS talent over the next few years, particularly when competing with local teams. I would assume this is a credit to the D-B position coaches.

On another history note, is Greeneville the last local (NET counties north east of Hamblen county) team to beat D-B in the regular season?

I'm not sure,it's been so long since a local team beat DB,but that's fine with me if it is the case! There have been some very close calls,including SH this year. I would trade three local team losses for three playoff wins next year !