Dobyns Bennett Football

Make no mistake, Maryville has players. No question about it. It was just a couple of years ago that they had two Mr. Footballs on the same team! This year's team also has talent. Their line is better this year than last.

They have a fantastic coaching staff - no one is going to out coach them or have their kids better prepared. You don't see their coaching staff having trouble getting plays in from the sideline like we did last season. Their play calling is effective and creative.

Not only does Maryville have great coaching and some fine kids on the field, but they also have a program. Yes, I said program. One more time...program.

Their program is built from the ground up. It starts in little league and continues through the middle schools. Middle school program mirros the HS program. There is that word again...program.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake, Maryville has players. No question about it. It was just a couple of years ago that they had two Mr. Footballs on the same team! This year's team also has talent. Their line is better this year than last.

They have a fantastic coaching staff - no one is going to out coach them or have their kids better prepared. You don't see their coaching staff having trouble getting plays in from the sideline like we did last season. Their play calling is effective and creative.

Not only does Maryville have great coaching and some fine kids on the field, but they also have a program. Yes, I said program. One more time...program.

Their program is built from the ground up. It starts in little league and continues through the middle schools. Middle school program mirros the HS program. There is that word again...program.

could not agree more and it show every friday from aug till dec

We all agree Maryville has a great coaching staff,and that will not be changed by next week or next years out come.I still think we had the talent to advance far beyond the first round.I thought so in 2006 as well.I really think we have a fine coaching staff,but just like our team this year we need a few adjustments here and there.

Did you notice any changes after 2006 season, area coaches would love to have the talent DB has had over the last 10 years. What coach could not year in year out not win this confrence with the talent at DB. I would rather the players make the mistakes going all out ,than playing not to lose and the coach take the ball out of their hands.

Did you notice any changes after 2006 season, area coaches would love to have the talent DB has had over the last 10 years. What coach could not year in year out not win this confrence with the talent at DB. I would rather the players make the mistakes going all out ,than playing not to lose and the coach take the ball out of their hands.

I think GC has some very good people on his staff.Holt is young and has a great defensive football mind.Wagner is a very fine offensive coach who is just a class act.Matter of fact,I have watched the whole staff during the spring,summer and fall for the last few years and think they are great.I would just like for GC to say to Wagner or somebody on the staff.The play calling is yours,now be like the offensive play caller for an old arena league team and go crazy !!

To have the amount of success that DB has had over the past umpteen years, it is amazing to me that you would be wanting coaching changes. Be careful what you wish for! I have two words for you, LANE KIFFIN!!

There's a big difference in wanting some adjustments and wanting a coaching change.I thought we needed some adjustments on the best defense in the big east going into the McMinn game,and heard the same thing.We are all saturday morning QB's on here,and that's what it's for.

To have the amount of success that DB has had over the past umpteen years, it is amazing to me that you would be wanting coaching changes. Be careful what you wish for! I have two words for you, LANE KIFFIN!!

Lane Kiffin won two national championships as OC at Southern Cal. His offense averaged 49 points and 579 yrds. per game. A NCAA record. And besides that ...........his wife is the BOMB!

So, your point makes no sinse. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Your showing a touch of ignorance. Like wacojaco said, kiffin is solely responsible for the players brought into USC for several years during their dominance of NCAA.

Lane Kiffin won two national championships as OC at Southern Cal. His offense averaged 49 points and 579 yrds. per game. A NCAA record. And besides that ...........his wife is the BOMB!

So, your point makes no sinse. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Lane Kiffin was NEVER the OC at USC!

Your showing a touch of ignorance. Like wacojaco said, kiffin is solely responsible for the players brought into USC for several years during their dominance of NCAA.

He was also RESPONSIBLE for Reggie Bush recieving $1,000,000 and a million dollar house!

I thought Lane was the offensive coordinator for a couple of years at SC.Either way,he is a good young coach. That's why I talked about Holt and Wagner,a couple of good young coaches on our staff.Holt will be a great defensive coordinator and head coach one of these days.Holt reminds me of me when I was a little younger and thinner,not as a coach but a fire ball.I think Wagner could take a lot of pressure off of Clark by calling the plays.I think he will be a very fine head coach as well.Matter of fact,if I were needing a head coach at another school,anyone under Clark would be a top notch pick to lead a team.

Lane Kiffin was NEVER the OC at USC!

He was also RESPONSIBLE for Reggie Bush recieving $1,000,000 and a million dollar house!

Lane Kiffin was the offensive cordinator in 2005 at Southern Cal. (USCTROJANS.COM)

If you can prove Kiffin was responsible for whatever Bush received then maybe you should contact the NCAA.