Dobyns Bennett Football

I don't know the full D-B schedule, but I am picking up bits and pieces. I saw in the Knoxville newspaper that Farragut announced it's week 0 game is at home against D-B

2009 Football Schedules Shaping Up

Knoxville News Sentinel - Knoxville,TN,USA

Farragut will take on Dobyns-Bennett in Week 0 (Aug. 21), Oak Ridge in Week 1 and new region foe Catholic in Week 2. The bye week for the Admirals in Week 3 ...

I also saw in the Oak Ridge newspaper that they are NOT playing D-B next year in the regular season

No more wondering Oak Ridge fans

Oak Ridger - Oak Ridge,TN,USA

Those three teams included Farragut, Dobyns-Bennett and Maryville. The schedule didn't work out with Dobyns-Bennett, but Maryville did fit and on Sept. ...

Week 0 D-B at Farragut

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7 D-B at Tennessee High (got this from CoachT 2009 football schedules thread)

Week 8

Week 9 D-B at Science Hill (got this from CoachT 2009 football schedules thread)

Week 10

I think D-B has an AWAY games at South

I think D-B has HOME games vs Crockett, Boone, Volunteer

Not sure if D-B/Central is home or away

2 additional non-conference games...don't know who

Week 0 - Farragut

Week 1 - Clinton

Week 2 - Sullivan Central

Week 3 - Sevier County

Week 4 - Davy Crockett

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 - Sullivan South

Week 7 - Daniel Boone

Week 8 - Tennessee High

Week 9 - Science Hill

Week 10 - Volunteer

Farragut and Sevier County are away games. I don't know where the other games are tobe played at

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 0 - Farragut

Week 1 - Clinton

Week 2 - Sullivan Central

Week 3 - Sevier County

Week 4 - Davy Crockett

Week 5 - Bye

Week 6 - Sullivan South

Week 7 - Daniel Boone

Week 8 - Tennessee High

Week 9 - Science Hill

Week 10 - Volunteer

Farragut and Sevier County are away games. I don't know where the other games are tobe played at

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain the Tennessee High game will be in week 7 @ Tennessee High.

Thanks for all your input; I'm still waiting on skunk to come sweep me off my feet. Maybe he'll find his way on this thread sometime over the holiday weekend, though he'll be in Knoxville on Friday and Saturday broadcasting Indian basketball. Help skunk, help!!!

What I do know in concrete is below:

Conference

H-Daniel Boone

H-David Crockett

H-Volunteer

@-Science Hill

@-Sullivan Central

@-Sullivan South

@-Tennessee High

Non-Conference*

?-Farragut (the Sentinel is unclear on where the game is to be played, but the game is scheduled for Week 0)

?-Sevier County

?-Clinton

*- 2 of the 3 non-conference games must be home games in order to keep the 5 home/5 away game total. I understand some schools goof and have a 4 home/6 away or 6 home/4 away split, but I trust Athletic Director Daniels and Coach Clark enough to not allow that to happen.

i know for sure that farragut is away. clinton is at home and sevier county is at home. GC told me a week ago after he spent 2 whole days in his office. i know for a fact thats the location of the games. im a player.

Thanks. Therefore the home and away games break down as such:

H-Sevier County

H-Clinton

H-Daniel Boone

H-David Crockett

H-Volunteer

@-Farragut

@-Science Hill

@-Sullivan Central

@-Sullivan South

@-Tennessee High

I've watched some football since the end of DB's season.I really would like to see our coach give the offensive play calling over to some new blood next year.I think GC is a great coach and prepares Dobyns-Bennett well.I would like to see him have a little presure taken off and just be a great head coach. Next year we won't have Jamie,Adams and some key players ,and the play calling will really be hard.I thought we should have put 40 points a game up this year.Against some teams we play next year,running our tailback will be good enough.However,we will have to develope a new QB and give him and the offense a lot of help if we plan on going anywhere come playoff time.

I've watched some football since the end of DB's season.I really would like to see our coach give the offensive play calling over to some new blood next year.I think GC is a great coach and prepares Dobyns-Bennett well.I would like to see him have a little presure taken off and just be a great head coach. Next year we won't have Jamie,Adams and some key players ,and the play calling will really be hard.I thought we should have put 40 points a game up this year.Against some teams we play next year,running our tailback will be good enough.However,we will have to develope a new QB and give him and the offense a lot of help if we plan on going anywhere come playoff time.

Its gonna' be the same ole song and dance. Clark will never give up the play calling duties. 8-2 in regular season and lose in the first round of the playoffs. Clark will push for another million dollars to be spent on skyboxes at J-Fred.

Its gonna' be the same ole song and dance. Clark will never give up the play calling duties. 8-2 in regular season and lose in the first round of the playoffs. Clark will push for another million dollars to be spent on skyboxes at J-Fred.

I would take 8-2 and be very happy,if they could do like 2007 and get better as the season rolls along.I just don't understand how we can be so good at Campbell County with our play calling {in the rain at that }and just be so easy to figure out at Science Hill and McMinn county.I can understand we didn't have Adams at SH,but we didn't go to him for a while at CC.On the other hand,we didn't have Chris in the second half of the McMinn game but did have Adams and tried to run the ball.I said we would have to outscore some people when we got to the playoffs and a lot of people disagreed.We are a speed type of defense and just didn't have the speed in a few places to shut great teams down.We did however have the players on offense to blow teams out,and didn't get it done.

I would take 8-2 and be very happy,if they could do like 2007 and get better as the season rolls along.I just don't understand how we can be so good at Campbell County with our play calling {in the rain at that }and just be so easy to figure out at Science Hill and McMinn county.I can understand we didn't have Adams at SH,but we didn't go to him for a while at CC.On the other hand,we didn't have Chris in the second half of the McMinn game but did have Adams and tried to run the ball.I said we would have to outscore some people when we got to the playoffs and a lot of people disagreed.We are a speed type of defense and just didn't have the speed in a few places to shut great teams down.We did however have the players on offense to blow teams out,and didn't get it done.

I was at the playoff game did ashlon dress out? if he did he should have told the coaches because they never saw him, /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> they tought he still played for science hill

I was at the playoff game did ashlon dress out? if he did he should have told the coaches because they never saw him, /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> they tought he still played for science hill

I don't mind getting beat by a better team,but it's hard when you never get to that team.Mc Minn done what thay had to and we didn't

I don't mind getting beat by a better team,but it's hard when you never get to that team.Mc Minn done what thay had to and we didn't

When was the last tme DB won a major game they should have lost, this time next year and the year after that we will still be having the same results. Went to the greeneville vs maryville game you could put SS,DB and Greeneville together and not beat marryville. They have the best coaching system in Tn high school football, there is no way they can have more talent than everybody else every year. I have never seen high school cornerbacks and safties cover like they do, when the greeneville QB had time he still could not find an open recevier. Marryville will dominate the 6a next year wait and see. All you teams wishing you could play marryville be careful what you wish for. They will be focused,hungry and well prepared, marryville doesnt dwell on how many state champs they have, they focused on the next game and that might be you.

When was the last tme DB won a major game they should have lost, this time next year and the year after that we will still be having the same results. Went to the greeneville vs maryville game you could put SS,DB and Greeneville together and not beat marryville. They have the best coaching system in Tn high school football, there is no way they can have more talent than everybody else every year. I have never seen high school cornerbacks and safties cover like they do, when the greeneville QB had time he still could not find an open recevier. Marryville will dominate the 6a next year wait and see. All you teams wishing you could play marryville be careful what you wish for. They will be focused,hungry and well prepared, marryville doesnt dwell on how many state champs they have, they focused on the next game and that might be you.

Oak Ridge would be unbeatable with that coaching staff.The problem they will face next year is beating the big 6A schools in middle Tennessee if they get there.It's a lot easier to beat the local 4A guys then what they will face to go to the semifinals and finals next year