Dobyns Bennett Football

I'm bringing the fifty points we should have scored on McMinn and saying we will get into a safety battle to finish the game.Really ,I think you guys are a big favorite going in.We will be young and have a lot of guys stepping up next year.I would guess that DB is a 21 point underdog in this game at the first of the season.

Remember, this is a regular season game, not a playoff game.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EASY WATCHDOG DB IS A BAND SCHOOL NOT A FOOTBALL SCHOOL HAVE YOU EVER NOTICE DURING THE PLAYOFFS YOU CAN SIT ANYWHERE, BUT DURING THE REGULAR SEASON YOU CAN'T. PEOPLE COME TO WATCH THE BAND AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE A "WATCHDOG"

They are enough "football school" to have won over 700 games and 7 of their last 8 conference championships. I think it's the cold weather as much as band perfromances when you get into November. But I could be wrong.

They are enough "football school" to have won over 700 games and 7 of their last 8 conference championships. I think it's the cold weather as much as band perfromances when you get into November. But I could be wrong.

It could be that us DB fans have got used to losing in the first round of the playoffs so we just stay home and watch the Vols play basketball.

Even against a weaker conference GC will run Chris all season, playing him both ways and on special teams. Come Hilltopper game he will be worn out, possibly already injured. all good things come to an end again on DB's home field. They finally lose to hilltoppers and that prevents them from playoff game. But the good news is GC doesnt lose in the first round. With the new TSSAA schedule the TRIBE will roll, HA! GC stays around 2 more years to get his son a scholarship and then he hangs it up. By then Daniels will have enough people mad that GC gets AD job. DB will never make it as long as they keep the same coaches and KPT is content with a perfect season against weak teams. At least the band takes on tough competition and knows to change the music each year!

you guys are nuts, you dont realize how good you have it in kpt, if the only good things that football programs did for players and their communities was to" win the state "or go "two deep "every year then we might as well shut the sport down state wide---you have the best staff in the state to go along with a great program--you had better count your blessings because it could be so much worse

you guys are nuts, you dont realize how good you have it in kpt, if the only good things that football programs did for players and their communities was to" win the state "or go "two deep "every year then we might as well shut the sport down state wide---you have the best staff in the state to go along with a great program--you had better count your blessings because it could be so much worse

I don't think any DB fan is happy right now,including the coaches.If your happy with losing to a team that you should have beat by three or four touchdowns in the first round of the playoffs,than your nuts and should be playing checkers or something instead of coaching.

I don't think any DB fan is happy right now,including the coaches.If your happy with losing to a team that you should have beat by three or four touchdowns in the first round of the playoffs,than your nuts and should be playing checkers or something instead of coaching.

You are exactly right.I sat with coach Watson last night at the Watagua Orthropedics player of the

year awards and he told me,he still can't fiqure out how we lost the Mcminn Co. game.It definitely is

still on their minds.

nobody said anything about being happy about losing---who says you should have beaten mcminn by 3 or four touchdowns---what do you base that on? uniforms styles, nicknames, because its a county school---maybe h.s. football should be like madden---then you could create your own dynasty team and win the state every year---why dont you take your cordless remote to the 1st playoff game next year and push the R1 & A BUTTONS really hard and see if it helps /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are exactly right.I sat with coach Watson last night at the Watagua Orthropedics player of the

year awards and he told me,he still can't fiqure out how we lost the Mcminn Co. game.It definitely is

still on their minds.

Well if he said that then the problem is much worse than I thought. His defense lost containment on almost every play in the forth quarter. Receivers were wide open the entire forth quarter, Clark went completly brain dead in the second half, as well as making a fool of himself as well as the entire football program, and DB's players gave up. Thats it in a nutshell. One & Done again thanks to the best coaching staff in the state. What a joke /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

nobody said anything about being happy about losing---who says you should have beaten mcminn by 3 or four touchdowns---what do you base that on? uniforms styles, nicknames, because its a county school---maybe h.s. football should be like madden---then you could create your own dynasty team and win the state every year---why dont you take your cordless remote to the 1st playoff game next year and push the R1 & A BUTTONS really hard and see if it helps /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe the fact that DB was up 24 -7 at the end of the third quarter is what their basing it on. DB talent vs. McMinn talent = DB - 38 McMinn - 7. The coaching staff (best in the state /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) lost the game.

Better yet.why don't you look at a tape of the game and you will easily see that DB should have had the game put away at the half with a much bigger lead.We did use a Madden game in the second half,and didn't put batteries in the cordless remote. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Better yet.why don't you look at a tape of the game and you will easily see that DB should have had the game put away at the half with a much bigger lead.We did use a Madden game in the second half,and didn't put batteries in the cordless remote. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Easy boys, (longtimeDBfan) patrols these boards.He might not like what you all are saying.,if it matters /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Easy boys, (longtimeDBfan) patrols these boards.He might not like what you all are saying.,if it matters /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I guess he can look at the film anytime.The blame allways has to go to the coaches first and the players second. I allways say that if you have a kid that can play,he will play.You should know that with all the shots you have taken over the years.I'd say Jamie turned out pretty good . By the way,congrads to Jamie,Will,Justin, Zack and all the guys who have got some hardware after he season