Dobyns Bennett Football

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right and that's very disappointing. It may be an overused cliche but "to be the best you have to play the best".

It is an overused cloche, IMO.

Maryville and Alcoa don't play the biggest and the baddest each weak, but it doesn't seem to hurt them that much. If you are good, you are good.

Maryville and Alcoa are just deep, well coached football teams.

Maryville and Alcoa don't play the biggest and the baddest each weak, but it doesn't seem to hurt them that much. If you are good, you are good.

Good post Rolltribe, some of the arrogance that other posters have can be an infection that affects players. The players do sit down to eat dinner with parents, rub shoulders with rest of the student body and have good adult friends everywhere.

The King wore a suit of nothing and only a little boy was honest enough to deal with it.

I like DB so I am not trashing anyone. I wish you all were still playing this week.

I somewhat look for Dobyns Bennett to be an underdog next year. I think with the new classification, teams such as Science Hill, Sullivan South, and Tennessee High will be more sexy than the Indians. We're old news, with a recent history of not getting it done when it counts to boot. As a sports fan I like the underdog roll, I wonder if the kids will too. All of the previous is IMO.

But how much improvement will a team make between the first game and the playoffs if they are playing inferior talent?

Good post Rolltribe, some of the arrogance that other posters have can be an infection that affects players. The players do sit down to eat dinner with parents, rub shoulders with rest of the student body and have good adult friends everywhere.

The King wore a suit of nothing and only a little boy was honest enough to deal with it.

I like DB so I am not trashing anyone. I wish you all were still playing this week.

But how much improvement will a team make between the first game and the playoffs if they are playing inferior talent?

Thank you for reinforcing my point /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Looking at the roster from this year, I see we will lose 29 seniors, 17 of which made significant contributions this season on offense and defense.

DB has a history of reloading rather than rebuilding. It's not always true, but it is most years. I remember the year they beat MBA in the first game, which was also supposed to be a rebuilding year. Never underestimate GC (at least in the regular season).

Yet again, does anybody know the 2009 weekly schedule for Dobyns Bennett?

I don't know the full D-B schedule, but I am picking up bits and pieces. I saw in the Knoxville newspaper that Farragut announced it's week 0 game is at home against D-B

2009 Football Schedules Shaping Up

Knoxville News Sentinel - Knoxville,TN,USA

Farragut will take on Dobyns-Bennett in Week 0 (Aug. 21), Oak Ridge in Week 1 and new region foe Catholic in Week 2. The bye week for the Admirals in Week 3 ...

I also saw in the Oak Ridge newspaper that they are NOT playing D-B next year in the regular season

No more wondering Oak Ridge fans

Oak Ridger - Oak Ridge,TN,USA

Those three teams included Farragut, Dobyns-Bennett and Maryville. The schedule didn't work out with Dobyns-Bennett, but Maryville did fit and on Sept. ...

Week 0 D-B at Farragut

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7 D-B at Tennessee High (got this from CoachT 2009 football schedules thread)

Week 8

Week 9 D-B at Science Hill (got this from CoachT 2009 football schedules thread)

Week 10

I think D-B has an AWAY games at South

I think D-B has HOME games vs Crockett, Boone, Volunteer

Not sure if D-B/Central is home or away

2 additional non-conference games...don't know who