Dobyns Bennett Football

There are always going to be problems unless there was about a 10 year layoff between games. the same kids that were freshman the last year they played will be seniors now (at least at south anyway, they might still be freshman at DB) Anyway, there will be the same animosity. I get on here and give you all a hard time but I was never involved in fights or anything like that. I just like to argue with you guys because you all give it back. there will always be the chants, us waving the rebel flags and your football players wearing the rebel flags under their helmets, people throwing gum and whatever else at the band. That's just the way it is. A 2 year layoff isn't going to change all of that, other than we don't have as many students now because they are all at DB because of annexation.

Here's one of the stories involving a Rebel flag two or three years ago.A kid with rebel flags waving out of his truck,pulled up in DB's parking lot and one of the biggest DB players ever {400lbs} took one of his flags.The kid had to leave without it because the big guy was going to give it back inappropriately.I guarantee you that the South kid won't forget that for ten years,and the DB kids he was taunting won't either.To me,that is just kids doing what kids do.That will never stop as long as both have pride.I don't like to see fights unless it's my co-workers,and I hope that the kids can keep it safe without fights,just a few smart remarks as we do on here.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't really have a rivalry unless each team wins at least once every 15 years or so. It's kinda like the so-called Vanderbilt / Tennessee rivalry. Vandy rarely ever wins, but that doesn't keep them from hating the Vols.

Valid point. However a win means more to Vandy and a loss hurts Tennessee a whole lot worse. Hope you aren't in to much pain next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Valid point. However a win means more to Vandy and a loss hurts Tennessee a whole lot worse. Hope you aren't in to much pain next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The Rebs have some very good ball players.A few of them come from town.One that will be on their team next year came from DB,and he is a fine all around athlete,could be playing basketball now.We know all the guys that are at North and South,and that many of them could have helped us this year and next,but that's part of it.Many South kids are friends with the DB guys and even play city league basketball with them,It will be a hard fought game

The Rebs have some very good ball players.A few of them come from town.One that will be on their team next year came from DB,and he is a fine all around athlete,could be playing basketball now.We know all the guys that are at North and South,and that many of them could have helped us this year and next,but that's part of it.Many South kids are friends with the DB guys and even play city league basketball with them,It will be a hard fought game

Understood, just going by TP's analogy

He must not be that good since his own fans can't even spell his name correctly. maybe that's why he was left off the team. Everybody was voting for Sensibaugh instead of Sensabaugh. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

That just shows that awards don't mean anything. They are typically given because of seniority instead of true worth. Politics and nepotism are very much alive and always will be in good ole E.TN. I guess DB vs McMinn CO. would have been the same outcome if CS would have played in the 2nd half.

For athletes that are good enough to play on the next level, true experts know who they are. Major publications are aware of who's doing what.

But again, in the big scheme, it doesn't change the fact that football is a team sport. Jamie was a good choice for player of the year, (at least as good as any other), but CS being the 4th best back is rediculous.

South played a MUCH weaker season. It shows when McMinn came to DB. South still only has 1 (one) win over a team west of Morristown. DB has a ton of wins in that regard. South points to Maryville. Forget Maryville, South has never evern beat anyone else in Maryville's area. South had a great QB, but DB was playing teams often that did not give them the option to pull a starting QB in the first half. DB, is the only team in upper east TN that realizes what the rest of the state hold for us all, a butt whippin. Until South beats a team west of Morristown I don't care what round they make it to, DB plays major teams in the first round and the regular season. There is a major difference in teams at all levels west of morristown and no in 4A it ain't just Maryville like South likes to think. There are a dozen other teams waiting to take it to you.

Basic football 101:

Region 1 & 2 in 4A don't touch Knoxville.

Region 1 5A is already there by goegraphy. Region 2 5A is even worse with Knoxville and Chattanooga, get it!

DB must play a serious threat (even though they are the #3 or #4 seed in Region 2, they still would be NE TN killers to us all!)

Point is, DB has beaten these teams around Knoxville and Chattanooga before, South beat Powell once like 15 years ago. Forget MAryville, heck South get past Greeneville a team DB has lost to once in 20 years? I count 11 losses to Greeneville by South not regular season in the same time span.

I have to admit that is was very hard suffering thru what everyone has been calling a "one and done" season for DB, but I am very proud of the fact that each and every year DB is right there in the playoffs. How many other teams in this area can say that? How many other teams in this area are that consistent each and every year? Sure it would be great to advance further in the playoffs and even when State, but at least we get there to try. DB can stand proud on their record knowing that is was achieved by facing some very strong competiton. We were battle tested each week. Other than Science Hill, what other team from this area plays this level of competition? Sullivan South's schedule resembled that of a middle school team. I know that the South fans are going to pile on and remind me of DB's quick exit once again, but so what if they do? They know deep down that they play inferior teams which makes players look even better. Not true? Look back at 2006 and tell me what Curt "Superman" Phillips and the rest of the team did when they played DB. The lights came on in the stadium and South peed their pants to the tune of a 44-0 drubbing. Dobyns-Bennett is the premier football team in East Tennessee and until South can prove it on the field they will remain at least 2nd best. Here's a little side by side comparison.....Enjoy!!!

Dobyns-Bennett - Sullivan South

11- 2 (1997) 2- 9

13- 1 (1998) 3- 7

9- 3 (1999) 0- 10

12- 2 (2000) 2- 9

10- 1 (2001) 7- 4

11- 3 (2002) 4- 7

11- 2 (2003) 4- 7

12- 1 (2004) 7- 5

9- 2 (2005) 11- 2

10- 1 (2006) 10- 2

8- 4 (2007) 12- 2

10- 1 (2008) 12- 1

126- 23=DB 74- 65=South

DB- SOUTH

43- 13- 1997

35- 0- 1998

52- 8- 1999

61- 0- 2000

27- 3- 2001

27- 13- 2002

49- 21- 2003

42- 14- 2004

7- 6- 2005

44- 0- 2006

387- 78= Total Points in 10yrs.

38.7- 7.8= Per Game Avg.

He must not be that good since his own fans can't even spell his name correctly. maybe that's why he was left off the team. Everybody was voting for Sensibaugh instead of Sensabaugh. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Now South can go blow their tuba's. What a joke. Couldnt even beat Greenville. Mo East is better than Greenville.. Lost to a next year 2a school and 4a playoff team. Ihate to say i told you that you would lose to Greenville,but here goes smart guy." i told you so" Now, just wait until next year and you will see exactly who #32 is. Sensabaugh will probably rush for 200+ and 3-4 Td's. Oh well, you guys can't beat Maryville anyway. So at least you won't have to make any ecuses for that outcome to. Can't believe that South redneck tossed his seat cussion at the refs. Good thing he did'nt bring his pistol with him. What a friggin joke.... Roll Tribe

South played a MUCH weaker season. It shows when McMinn came to DB. South still only has 1 (one) win over a team west of Morristown. DB has a ton of wins in that regard. South points to Maryville. Forget Maryville, South has never evern beat anyone else in Maryville's area. South had a great QB, but DB was playing teams often that did not give them the option to pull a starting QB in the first half. DB, is the only team in upper east TN that realizes what the rest of the state hold for us all, a butt whippin. Until South beats a team west of Morristown I don't care what round they make it to, DB plays major teams in the first round and the regular season. There is a major difference in teams at all levels west of morristown and no in 4A it ain't just Maryville like South likes to think. There are a dozen other teams waiting to take it to you.

Basic football 101:

Region 1 & 2 in 4A don't touch Knoxville.

Region 1 5A is already there by goegraphy. Region 2 5A is even worse with Knoxville and Chattanooga, get it!

DB must play a serious threat (even though they are the #3 or #4 seed in Region 2, they still would be NE TN killers to us all!)

Point is, DB has beaten these teams around Knoxville and Chattanooga before, South beat Powell once like 15 years ago. Forget MAryville, heck South get past Greeneville a team DB has lost to once in 20 years? I count 11 losses to Greeneville by South not regular season in the same time span.

[/quote

PLEASE TELL ME THE HIGH POWERED TEAMS THAT DB BEAT THIS YEAR.. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Glad to see you made it back RebelRebel.Cat must be having another serving of CROW /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My bad,there are so many.RebelRebel must still be eating!!

Well, us SOUTH fans were going to eat some crow but most of it was gone...someone said all of DB's fans hogged it all up,heck they say that DB fan's love crow,ha!ha! they eat it all the time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />