Dobyns Bennett Football

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have family members who went to DB when Steve Spurrier embarassed them at J Fred. My son was Highland High bound in the 7th grade and then the tide turned. The Stacy Carter show arrived. Suffice to say, mine has been a nail in the carpenters hand and it has been a very enlightening ride. Yes, he made mistakes. Some were monumental. But he was a major hand in helping me turn my son into a soldier. Somebody that won't bail out on you. And yes, that is priceless! But that Gold Ball was going to feel so good to the touch and all it would have brought. Devastated? Close. Will we move on? Eventually. Better for the experience? So is LIFE.

If I were a DB parent, in retrospect, I would have expected more...much more. Yes, we would have contributed...and a large contribution I'm sure, however...and I won't dog GC, but my gut instinct is that something is missing. I see "the program" take kids that the "Heights" steamrolls in middle school and turn them into premier athletes. So something is being done correctly. I see a team mentality with comaraderie that is superior to the area and one that spans all sports. Stacy is achieving this as well but 5 years and one sport...it just hasn't caught on with the other coaches. At least Stacy cares and that's why he signs his name to it. I see DB have a potential that is consistant year in and year out including the roll call. We had this same discussion last year and concluded that it was a bad time for GC and with overwhelming support that he would rebound and secure the "prize" and put the proverbial icing on the cake. Flight of fancy. Whoa Comp that was awesome! You stated so many true facts.

Coachinghopeful made a lot of good points also.Comp you and I have watched our kids compete for years now and know that the talent is always around here in the

Another year same discussion. So what to do? Obviously he is in the September of his career. At that point a battle tested General acquires a protoge'. And so it is time. Grahm Clark, you must name your "Protoge'". It is time to train your successor. In tried and true Indian fashion you must take one of your own...(Ryan) and set him on the path to greatness. His apprentisship, which has already begun, must now intensify. You must teach him in the ways he must carry on and this will be your gracious atonement. Make your move for I would wager the Indian Nation won't endure one more year of status quo. Your history has been a great one...now is the time to put an exclamation point on it. To you and yours.

Fortune to the Tribe!

Wooha! Comp how true you are.Winning the conference every year and doing the one-done in playoffs

is getting old.The good ole boy syndrome has run its coarse.As big as football is at DB, I think having an OC

and a head coach would be a good move .I still have not fully gotten over the loss to Mcminn and I know Comp.

that you are still suffering you guys loss.Its hard to bite your tongue and and say nothing.But alot of people

are satisfied with the status quo.I'm to competetive for that. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wooha! Comp how true you are.Winning the conference every year and doing the one-done in playoffs

is getting old.The good ole boy syndrome has run its coarse.As big as football is at DB, I think having an OC

and a head coach would be a good move .I still have not fully gotten over the loss to Mcminn and I know Comp.

that you are still suffering you guys loss.Its hard to bite your tongue and and say nothing.But alot of people

are satisfied with the status quo.I'm to competetive for that. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Aahhh...at least we know we gave the best tool we could fabricate. They say Vice Grips and duct Tape is in every working mans tool box. Just wish I had a couple more to give to the cause. Tough for us old men huh?! They would have been a team together. Good luck to yours...from the heart!

Aahhh...at least we know we gave the best tool we could fabricate. They say Vice Grips and duct Tape is in every working mans tool box. Just wish I had a couple more to give to the cause. Tough for us old men huh?! They would have been a team together. Good luck to yours...from the heart!

Same to you.Yea,tough on us old men. See what happened at Oak Ridge yesterday? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Same to you.Yea,tough on us old men. See what happened at Oak Ridge yesterday? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hadn't seen that until now ! Oak Ridge is loaded with talent and a good coach will make them very hard to beat.That's what I kept telling the guys at Maryville,if their coach were to go over to Oak Ridge,they would be near unbeatable.

I hadn't seen that until now ! Oak Ridge is loaded with talent and a good coach will make them very hard to beat.That's what I kept telling the guys at Maryville,if their coach were to go over to Oak Ridge,they would be near unbeatable.

Maybe Ted Wilson could convince GQ to come to Kingsport and DB would be nearly unbeatable! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congradulations to Zack Fleming on being picked to the 5A all state team.Unless I missed someone,he is the only player in uppereast Tennessee to make all state this year. That says a lot for Zack,coach Holt,coach Watson and head coach Clark for making the move this year.It couldn't happen for a better young man.Great job !!

Congradulations to Zack Fleming on being picked to the 5A all state team.Unless I missed someone,he is the only player in uppereast Tennessee to make all state this year. That says a lot for Zack,coach Holt,coach Watson and head coach Clark for making the move this year.It couldn't happen for a better young man.Great job !!

It also says a lot for Jeff and Christy, his parents, both super nice people with tremendous character.

Does anyone know the official Dobyns Bennett 2009 Football Schedule? If so, please post the schedule with week number, calender date, home/away affiliation, and opponent. Thanks in advance.

Week # - Month #/Date # - H/A - Opponent/Open

I have not seen anything official,but have seen all the posting where we open up at Farragut and have Sevier co. and Clinton on the schedule as well as all the local guys.If we open up at Farragut,that will be a very good game for a young team to try and grow up on,right out of the gate.I think DB needs the very best out of conference teams that they can get.Sevier co.is a well coached team that really knows how to do the little things.I don't know much about Clinton except they have played good people very well. Science Hill should be a very strong team next year,and South has had the best run in their schools history.Tennessee High will allways bring good athletes and give you a smack in the mouth.On paper,we should beat a lot of the other local teams. Central didn't think much of that paper in our first basketball meeting this year.If you look past anybody,your making a great mistake and could give a local team the same glory that Mcminn got,and we didn't overlook them. To answer your question again however,I've not seen anything official,but hope we are smart enough to get some big boys on our schedule.