Dobyns Bennett Football

Mr. Ricker give it a rest football is over.You gotta be bored. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You got that right!! I wouldn't care if Robinson was playing a flag football game tonight,I'd go watch it.I love football on a local level but just can't get into the pro game unless one of the Manning's is in the superbowl and the college game needs a playoff like every other level above pee wee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree batman....there could be a playoff system and still keep the bowl games too!

I've said that for years.How many people would tune in to watch a first round playoff game in the peach bowl ? They could Rotate the big bowls in the second and third round and play a true championship game sometime during Jan.Take all the{ 6-5,7-4 and so on} bowl teams and play those games during the spaces left.The game would be taken to a new level for most fans.A playoff is the only fair way for the big schools and those that are giant killers to crown a champion.

Thanks for the insight good buddy.I do think we need a couple of players at that one position,but I don't know if that would work for mine or not on defense,being in Will's spot doesn't look bad to help the team.Fullback is the perfect spot on offense without question.I think the defense can be special again if we can put the right people in the right positions,and can cover the pass as well as be a run killers.See you soon

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the official Dobyns Bennett 2009 Football Schedule? If so, please post the schedule with week number, calender date, home/away affiliation, and opponent. Thanks in advance.

Week # - Month #/Date # - H/A - Opponent/Open

If anyone has seen the schedule for DB next year ,could they please post it.Thanks!!

I have bad news ladies and gentlemen. A friend of mine who was at Kingsport City Schools Central Office, also a friend of Coach Watson, observed him filling out retirement papers this afternoon. It is unsure if he will be coaching this coming season, but he will retire from coaching no later than the 2010 season.

I have bad news ladies and gentlemen. A friend of mine who was at Kingsport City Schools Central Office, also a friend of Coach Watson, observed him filling out retirement papers this afternoon. It is unsure if he will be coaching this coming season, but he will retire from coaching no later than the 2010 season.

That is bad news.

Any idea who might replace him? (even though he is irreplaceable).

They need a coach that will help players get looks from good schools.Going out every year early is killing recruits looking to go to next level.Look at past players that have not been recruited because lack of effort by coaches.

How true that is, past and present. Maybe they didn't get enough knockdown blocks. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />