Greeneville and Sullivan South Take 2!

sccaii

Jonesy, The devil Faithful do support their Devils but they are comfort creatures as well. it was around 16-19 degrees when game ended. We are also big event people and the Greeneville faithful will be out in force next week with dual purposes. Support the Devils and to Watch Maryville in our own back yard. Cold next week but it will be 20 degrees warmer as well.

It is hard not to rip some of the posters, but the Southies have been excellent in handling their loss on here. They really are a class coaching staff and FB team.

Last night wasn't a big game? But your right the home side will be full next friday cause alot of the tri-cities football fans will be coming down, better scooter over and make some extra room! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW, your band looked awesome sounded great too, nice uniforms also!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I'm glad you'll be in for the game next week. There's one thing I've never understood about Greeneville athletics, the amount of fan support. South traveled as many if not more fans than what Greeneville had there. Same with basketball. I've always been disgusted by that. Charlie, you, Barb or noones fool have any opinion on that? And why that is?

Here's a thought regarding the attendance at last night's game. I went to the game, but didn't take my family due to the weather in the teens. In September, this would have been a family affair. In looking around the GHS side last night, there weren't a lot of younger(10 and under) children. So, in my case I brought only myself instead of a family of 4 or 5. If several families do this, you can see how attendance would naturally drop off.

I will agree that the South fans did travel very well well. So, based on what I said above, maybe your young children are tougher than mine?

I shouldn't be on here. And I will try to not be negative. #15 was labeled as a second class RB by some posters on here...it doesn't matter where they hail from. He gave his heart tonight. As he does every night he suites up. He plays 50 pounds over his weight. He breaks tackles like the explosion of pulling a rip cord at 12,000 feet. No matter.

We will travel to Wofford in the am to meet the coaches. Hopefully something positive will come.

Although I did not witness a game in person, I followed on TriCitiesSports, Times-News, TV and occasionally on the radio. I thoroughly enjoyed watching #15 Taylor Fletcher's success. I look forward to great things from him in football and in life! Well done. Well done, indeed. - from the dad of D-B #66

Here's a thought regarding the attendance at last night's game. I went to the game, but didn't take my family due to the weather in the teens. In September, this would have been a family affair. In looking around the GHS side last night, there weren't a lot of younger(10 and under) children. So, in my case I brought only myself instead of a family of 4 or 5. If several families do this, you can see how attendance would naturally drop off.

I will agree that the South fans did travel very well well. So, based on what I said above, maybe your young children are tougher than mine?

I think its a question of having to commit because of the drive....we had the luxury of a last minute decision based on the weather....South fans had to committ a couple hours ahead...plus, we have excellent radio coverage that is broadcast by comcast cable audio channel 18. That may account for the number of Greeneville fans that showed at the half.

I think its a question of having to commit because of the drive....we had the luxury of a last minute decision based on the weather....South fans had to committ a couple hours ahead...plus, we have excellent radio coverage that is broadcast by comcast cable audio channel 18. That may account for the number of Greeneville fans that showed at the half.

I'm not just referring to one game, it is every big game they play, basketball and football. I know it was cold last night, and there probably shouldn't have been any young kids out there at all.(both of mine were at home) But there should've been standing room only. I mean I'm sure South fans could've listened on the radio at home to, but they clearly had more fans than Greeneville last night.

Congratulations to both teams! South doesn't feel like it

was a great game, but Greeneville had a lot to do with that.

Greeneville showed that they have reached a higher level,

and the win should be an affirmation of everything Greeneville

Football has been doing.

Seeing is believing! Greeneville has reaped the benefit

of hard work. The coaches and players have seen most

of their goals come true this year. They have done what

good teams do over a course of a season, they have gotten

better.

South has every reason to be proud of their accomplishments,

and the seniors should be especially proud of what they have

done for the program. When everyone looks back on this senior

class, they will remember a hard-working group of players who

responded to good coaching. The coaches have done an outstanding

job. Their record speaks for itself.

Both Greeneville and South should have mutual respect for each

other, and the series will continue with perhaps a higher level of

intensity next year. It's all good, and both teams have excelled.

To all the Greeneville players and coaches, BEAT MARYVILLE!