Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins (Re-Match)

huskergymnast33

71Pops, thanks for the kind words. It is my hope that we can all, both Brentwood and Franklin supporters, join together in praying for an injury-free game on both sides of the ball, good sportsmanship on both sides of the ball, and most of all that the players for both teams leave their best out on the field of play. Win or lose, don't hold back any effort or any enthusiasm. For the seniors on the squad that comes up short, this will be their last high school game, many of them never to play again. A fortunate few will go on to play in college, but this will be the last game with their childhood buddies. Go out there guys and play like it is your last game. Make this a night that everyone will remember, but for the right reasons. That is what makes high school football the sport that makes fan-atics of us all! Godspeed and may God bless all players, coaches and parents involved.

Amen

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

71Pops, thanks for the kind words. It is my hope that we can all, both Brentwood and Franklin supporters, join together in praying for an injury-free game on both sides of the ball, good sportsmanship on both sides of the ball, and most of all that the players for both teams leave their best out on the field of play. Win or lose, don't hold back any effort or any enthusiasm. For the seniors on the squad that comes up short, this will be their last high school game, many of them never to play again. A fortunate few will go on to play in college, but this will be the last game with their childhood buddies. Go out there guys and play like it is your last game. Make this a night that everyone will remember, but for the right reasons. That is what makes high school football the sport that makes fan-atics of us all! Godspeed and may God bless all players, coaches and parents involved.

I am a Franklin dad and feel the same way. This was well said. Thank you for your post.

I am a Franklin dad and feel the same way. This was well said. Thank you for your post.

If we can just keep the riff raff outa here we can get back to being two respectful programs with two very good teams looking forward to one great game. I knew this rematch would happen as soon as the first game was over. These are the best two teams in the state. Let's hope the refs don't get too involved.

Very nice post.........hope it's a great HS football game and good luck to both squads.

I would say that MUS, Maryville, David Lipscomb and Alcoa would have something to say about that.

I agree.........Also I think there are two team playing in Rutherford County Friday night, which would like to get into that argument. They still have some business to handle but I think giving them ???the two best teams in the state??? title is a bit bold for right now.

Brentwood fan, before you come back at me with the "we already beat Smyrna" comment. That was a very different team you beat in week 2. This Bulldog team is playing much better football right now.

But we all have a few more game to worry about before that kind of conversation comes up, don't we

Again, good luck to both teams.

If we can just keep the riff raff outa here we can get back to being two respectful programs with two very good teams looking forward to one great game.

When it comes to the players and coaches there has always been a great level of respect. It is usually the fans who blow things out of proportion and keep things interesting when it comes to choice of words. Cant wait for Friday.

When it comes to the players and coaches there has always been a great level of respect. It is usually the fans who blow things out of proportion and keep things interesting when it comes to choice of words. Cant wait for Friday.

I agree. From what i remember when i used to play in this rivalry it was always a clean game. hard hitting, obviously, but very rarely anything that occured after the whistle.

I couldn't agree more...it's "fans" with screen names like buckfrentwood that really put an ugly blemish on this fabled rivalry.

Don't even start on that. Maryville, and possibly MUS, I agree. But, David Lipscomb and Alcoa? Smaller classifications, much worse competition, I don't think they would belong on the field with FHS or BHS.

Do you really believe that? I'll give you Lipscomb but Alcoa? I think they are a team that would play with anyone in the state. Let alone belonging on the field....??¦..Small school or not...........Their talent is for real!