New Coach at Blackman

2priceless

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wikipedia doesn't not lie! If it says he played center then it must be true. No one would put anything online that isn't true. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Are either one of them authors according to your source? How big a boy are you?

No need to bring the Hitmen into it. They are a good team who have won 4 MTFL Championships. He hasn't had anything to do with them in a long while.

Heard ol'Willie got the job and asked his fellow college buddy from cumberland Springtime to be his DC. What do you have to say about that Mr. Footballman? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Are you ready for some football or drama /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I talked with someone very close to the situation this weekend and he told me that Shadowens will be the coach. My source used to coach with him and would know as much as anyone. As to why he's leaving, you always get promised a lot of different things when they are courting you for a job. Sometimes those promises are kept and sometimes they are not.

Mid has told it all over Smyrna that he is leaving to be the OC at Blackman.

I am an MTCS guy so I don't get on this side of the boards very often but with these rumors and talks I had to get on here and read and tell what I heard.

I was told today by multiple sources that Coach Shadowens told the principal at MTCS that he was not leaving and committed to the football program there.

There had been talk about going to Blackman because Coach Shad was not happy at the school and some of the things he was told when he took the job, and that didn't happen. Also his daughter had some run ins with the basketball coach over here and that might have had to do with the idea of changing schools and putting the daughters in the Blackman program.

Hopefully my sources are right, but I wouldn't be surprised with anything Coach Shad did. I think it would be entirely unfair to the kids at MTCS to go through their 3rd coach in 3 years. I think a lot of things were promised to these kids when Shad arrived and if he were to leave it would be a huge slap to the kids. They put some much trust and confidence on the man and it would be an extremely jerk move for him to leave these kids, the supporters that stood by him when the board denied his approval as coach the first two times, and especially Todd Miller (whom brought him in and he is great friends with) and Mr. Throneberry would invested huge amounts of time and money to get Shad and his staff at the school and then giving them everything they wanted.

The cupboard is not empty even after a good senior class left MTCS and they will have loads of talent, in a much easier region next season. This team don't forget lost to state runner-up Jo Byrns 16-8 at Jo Byrns early in the season. I think it would be a mistake not only football wise, but also just in the sense of being a man and living up to your word. I promise you he was not hired to coach this team one year, then split. I would assume the MTCS people would have thought this would be his last stop in coaching (high school wise) especially while his daughters (7th & 9th graders) were in school.

I don't think or want Shadowens to be the man hired at Blackman, but I would not shocked if something changed and he was.