BA vs MUS

singlewing

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA is peaking at the right time, and Nelson will start in his second state championship as a sophomore. It is my understanding he played a really solid game last Friday against Ensworth. I don't really know much about MUS other than they beat MBA really bad. I'll take BA for the gold ball.....too many recent silver balls in the trophy case....6 since 2000 and one Gold since 2000. Hey....BA is consistent in getting to the big dance! 7 trips in 9 seasons!

MUS 21

BA 28

The only basis I have to go by is information I gather from media sources (newspapers, high lights, etc.). I have payed extra close attention to MUS since they demolished Cookeville mid-season. I think MUS takes this one, though Brentwood Academy is a solid opponent.

I'll be driving down from Kingsport the day of the game. This will be my first private division state championship game, hoping for a dandy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BA is peaking at the right time, and Nelson will start in his second state championship as a sophomore. It is my understanding he played a really solid game last Friday against Ensworth. I don't really know much about MUS other than they beat MBA really bad. I'll take BA for the gold ball.....too many recent silver balls in the trophy case....6 since 2000 and one Gold since 2000. Hey....BA is consistent in getting to the big dance! 7 trips in 9 seasons!

MUS 21

BA 28

Nelson is a Junior....

The only basis I have to go by is information I gather from media sources (newspapers, high lights, etc.). I have payed extra close attention to MUS since they demolished Cookeville mid-season. I think MUS takes this one, though Brentwood Academy is a solid opponent.

I'll be driving down from Kingsport the day of the game. This will be my first private division state championship game, hoping for a dandy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We are all hoping for a dandy. BA will have to play as they did last Friday against Ensworth for this to be a close one. Given BA's consistent history of coming in second, and a powerful MUS team, I believe MUS will take this one.

I'll take MUS by 14.

BA has historically suffered in two categories....1) Turnovers...2)Missed assignments.

MUS will strongly test them in both areas. It looks like the Eagles are flying high after a blowout of a pretty bad Briarcrest team and win over Ensworth, where I believe the Eagles were just the more talented team. On the other hand, MUS won a sloppy game against a pretty average BGA team. The game included several MUS turnovers. Last weekend, MUS put up a decisive win against MBA. MBA certainly gave them some help to the tune of 5 turnovers. It will be interesting to see which team comes out more focused after both teams under performed in round 1 and both teams played somewhat hard to value games in round two. My guess MUS is both more focused and more disciplined. It should be a great game.

MUS 27

BA 17

I know next to nothing about BA except that they are good. But I do know something about MUS, and they get my vote to bring it home. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Great analysis man. However, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. MUS takes the home the good ole gold ball, because of one man....David Hernandez. The arguably the greatest receiver in the history of the state of TN football, at any level. Better than Terrell Owens, Earl Bennett, Drew Bennett, and anyone else...