Kentucky schools wanting a taste of Alcoa?

CGALUM07

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll need to schedule somebody besides Maryville!!

PRATTVILLE would thump Alcoa!

Prattville is a 6A school with 2,063 students (2007). Alcoa is a 2A school with less than 500 students. Nice matchup. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

not gonna have the chance to knock off marion co, thats what the state runner up boyd buchanan gonna do, yeah u heard me right there gonna be the state runner ups. No joke Boyd will upset alcoa.

Didn't BB play Loudon earlier this year? How did that game turn out? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

not gonna have the chance to knock off marion co, thats what the state runner up boyd buchanan gonna do, yeah u heard me right there gonna be the state runner ups. No joke Boyd will upset alcoa.

I'll have to see that to believe it. Boyd only beat Loudon by 7. I get the sense that Boyd has a good team but the speed between them and Alcoa is considerably different. The difference between Alcoa and the rest of 2a is speed. They have so much speed at every position. GOOD LUCK! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Kentucky schools focus most of their effort in their marching band programs. Marching band is HUGE up here. Alot more so than in TN. I've been to a couple of HS football games in KY and seriously people come to watch the band at half-time...then leave!! I just couldn't believe it. Especially since I was in band in high school! I was like holy crap, respect for the band??? what's that?? LoL

Oh, and don't forget about cheerleading.

The Trigg co statement is totally off. Alcoa coaches have said they will NEVER return to trigg, co where they played Hopkinsville high school in 2005. The bell co rumor is very true but alcoa will try to schedule tennessee teams first and if they cant then they will put bell co on the schedule for next season. Right now they are just waiting to see what happens with the teams they are calling. After scheduling maryville, fulton and mcminn for non-region games they still have two fo find.

Why would Alcoa not want to return to Cadiz? I know Alcoa has played Hopkinsville before, but haven't they also played Christian Co. who happens to be competitive? Alcoa could also think about playing Ft. Campbell, Bowling Green, Boyle County, or Paducah Tilghman.

Hasnt Bell co played pretty close to Highlands when they have met in the playoffs? I try not to keep up with them unless they are snooping around TN looking for opponents. I also think Alcoa should play more out of state teams like from Georgia and Alabama, but i think that they would match up well against any team they try to play. their run stopping ability is incredible, and overall team speed could overwhelm any team. Just my opinion guys.

if they want to play good teams why don't they go down to georgia or have georgia come to them. there are some really good teams on the border of tennessee and georgia.

I saw one of the brst games I've ever seen in 1995 when Meigs County went to open the season at Bell County KY. It was an exiting double overtime thriller won by Meigs on a 2 pt conversion by Brian Peck. Anyone remember that game?????

Alcoa is VERY good, but i dont think they could compete with Prattville, dont know about the others, but Prattville would probably beat them soundly. JMHO

Russellville is a very good team, they have a 6'6 240lb QB with a cannon. They are 4A. Strong tradition like the Alcoa

College size players

Deshler is incredibly fast. All 6 backs run under 4.3-4.5 range. They beat #2 North Jackson 39-0 last week.

Alcoa can compete against anyone. I was on the field during warm ups against Spring Hill in 07 and I had a pretty good look at all of the players. A bunch of the Alcoa players are above the High School level. Thats what you get when you work hard.

Alcoa is VERY good, but i dont think they could compete with Prattville, dont know about the others, but Prattville would probably beat them soundly. JMHO

Russellville is a very good team, they have a 6'6 240lb QB with a cannon. They are 4A. Strong tradition like the Alcoa

College size players

Deshler is incredibly fast. All 6 backs run under 4.3-4.5 range. They beat #2 North Jackson 39-0 last week.

Alcoa can compete against anyone. I was on the field during warm ups against Spring Hill in 07 and I had a pretty good look at all of the players. A bunch of the Alcoa players are above the High School level. Thats what you get when you work hard.