Henry County at Hillsboro

Shortstop15

I guess the question that needs to be answered is do you know anything about Henry County's coaching staff. HHS might possibly have the edge, but I'd bet you made that assumption without knowing anything about the coaching staff at Henry County. Myself, I am a Milan Bulldog fan. I believe we have one of the best coaches around, but I'm not going to give the edge against another coach unless I know about the other coach. I could be wrong, but that probably has something to do with Henry Co. faithful getting a little testy.

Coaching is important I'll give you that, but I've never seen a coach pass, run or catch a ball in a game. The discussion on who's coach is better is stupid. Obviously both teams a fine coaching staff with good players. Players win games! You can't coach talent ,a player has it or they don't. Coaches fine tune what God gave them(players ability), but any good coach always puts a players accomplishments on the player/players for working hard and doing the right things. I've never heard a good coach take the credit for a championship because without good/great players a good coach is nothing. Vince Lombardi could come back and try to coach some pitiful teams and they would be pitiful teams with a good coach.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That would be him. We are glad he is here. We don't ever want him to leave. He is 133-36 in his 13 season. Not too shabby.

GREAT COACH. JUST SAYING THAT HE USED TO COACH HERE IN HENRY COUNTY. AND MILAN IS A POWERHOUSE AND HAS BEEN I'D SAY PRETTY MUCH ALL HIS COACHING CAREER. GO PATRIOTS AND GO BULLDOGS. HEY WAIT A MINUTE ISN'T MCKENZIE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS TOO? GO REBELS. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> JW

Coaching is important I'll give you that, but I've never seen a coach pass, run or catch a ball in a game. The discussion on who's coach is better is stupid. Obviously both teams a fine coaching staff with good players. Players win games! You can't coach talent ,a player has it or they don't. Coaches fine tune what God gave them(players ability), but any good coach always puts a players accomplishments on the player/players for working hard and doing the right things. I've never heard a good coach take the credit for a championship because without good/great players a good coach is nothing. Vince Lombardi could come back and try to coach some pitiful teams and they would be pitiful teams with a good coach.

Well said... Head coaches ALWAYS get more blame than they deserve though.

it's gonna be bad traffic-wise. remember, this school is across the road from The Mall at Green Hills (where I'll be doing some more Christmas shopping). i'm leaving no later than noon. if i were you, i'd definitely leave by 3 at the latest.

There is also a new shopping center a few blocks down from the Green Hills Mall called The Hill Center. Has a lot of upscale stores. It is not a mall but an outdoor shopping center. Some of the stores located there are Anthropologie, West Elm, Whole Foods, Pei Wei, and many others.

Oops, this is not a shopping chat site, so, let me get back to football.

I was at the HC vs HHS football game in 2006. I really enjoyed my visit to HC. I loved the atmosphere with the tailgating, the radio broadcast, and the way the fans supported the football team. I know you will be in Nashville in full force and I can't wait to watch what should be a very exciting football game.

GO BURROS!!!!

I would agree that a coach's impact on a game can be overstated, but to say the discussion is stupid. I disagree. The players do make things happen, but last I checked they do what the coach tells them to do. I have seen many times coaches get outcoached. Wasn't that one of the knocks against Fulmer. I know that college and this is high school, but the argument was still the same. Coaches must put their players in the position to be as successful as they can be with the ability that they have been given. Some coaches are better than that than others are.

I would agree that a coach's impact on a game can be overstated, but to say the discussion is stupid. I disagree. The players do make things happen, but last I checked they do what the coach tells them to do. I have seen many times coaches get outcoached. Wasn't that one of the knocks against Fulmer. I know that college and this is high school, but the argument was still the same. Coaches must put their players in the position to be as successful as they can be with the ability that they have been given. Some coaches are better than that than others are.

No, most that I've talked to said Fulmer was a good coach, but he wasn't recruiting well. Guys like Meyer,Richt, Spurrier, and Saban were passing him by on the recruiting front. All of those schools and even Johnson? at Vanderbilt had more talent on the field then dear ole' Tennessee.

I believe this is it

www.wmufradio.com

Click the patriot head and Windows media will open up. Pre game should start at 6:30

Hope that helps

I believe your right. just a note though, the streaming audio was not that good the last two weeks. I had to follow the updates here last week. Maybe the streming audio will be good this week. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, most that I've talked to said Fulmer was a good coach, but he wasn't recruiting well. Guys like Meyer,Richt, Spurrier, and Saban were passing him by on the recruiting front. All of those schools and even Johnson? at Vanderbilt had more talent on the field then dear ole' Tennessee.

Funny, people have always told me the exact opposite. That's all I heard in the 90's is how Spurrier outcoached him. Seeing as how UT has more players in the NFL than I believe any other SEC school I would have to say they might be right. Although, I am one of those didn't want to see him go. Of course this has nothing to do with this thread now.

I wish Henry Co. the best, but they are going to have to play a perfect game to win in my opinion.

Funny, people have always told me the exact opposite. That's all I heard in the 90's is how Spurrier outcoached him. Seeing as how UT has more players in the NFL than I believe any other SEC school I would have to say they might be right. Although, I am one of those didn't want to see him go. Of course this has nothing to do with this thread now.

I wish Henry Co. the best, but they are going to have to play a perfect game to win in my opinion.

As will Hillsboro! I'm just a fan and don't claim to know anything, but the team with the fewest turnovers wins! If either team has multiple turnovers it will get ugly quick. This will be a defensive chess match on who can limit the others scoring. I know that both teams will score no doubt!