Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

Congrats Marion on making it this far. Many people didnt even think they would see you in the 4th round but here you are going up against one of the top teams in the state. Alcoa is just on another level from Us as in South Pitt, Boyd, & Marion this year. South Pitt in my mind could have hung with them last year but after watching them lose tonight there is no doubt in my mind Alcoa would beat us pretty bad too. One thing 4 sure Coach Beock might already deserve this but if he pulls a upset next Friday night then he is def. the coach of the year in my book. I will be there Friday night pullin for you all but I just dont see it happenin. My prediction is Alcoa wins big. P.S. This team lost to Maryville by 7 I think? Yeah it could be a long night. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go play BBall!!

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know much about Marion Co. Are they a passing or running team? How fast are they?

Sounds like they caused a lot of fumbles last night against Boyd-Buch. Good thing CAK did the same thing to us; I think our boys will be ready for that!

As far as injuries: N. Robinson has been nursing that stinger for a couple of weeks now. I didn't see that TRob was injured; somebody must've seen something I didn't. "Big Celio" appears to have hurt something...maybe an ankle sprain? Hopefully Warren's injury isn't enough to keep him from playing next week.

No worries; I think there are others that can step in and take their places (except for TRob, maybe). That's the good thing about having such a big number of boys on the team!

I am slightly worried that we couldn't punch in a td on a lot of plays last night. The line seemed to miss assignments; better get that straightened out before next Friday!

Good run for the Warriors. This, however, is the end of the road. MC can not get fortunate enough to win this game. Sloppy field in a monsoon and it may be close. Nevermind, Alcoa will just move the game to avoid the weather. The Tornadoes are pretty dang good.

good things happen to MC football teams when they have their minds in the right place... Let me remind yall of a little game back in 1992.. this has to be the best state championship game in history... MC came in as nearly 3 td underdogs to a brentwood academy team that was in the top 20 nationally... the whole first half BA totally dominated us and within the last min of the first half BA's starting qb came out of the game with a bad injury... MC came out down 14-7 on a mission but still couldnt get a step ahead of brentwood.... but the 4th quarter came around and we got it to 26-21 and in the last 2 mins of the game, guy hansard picks off a pass and takes it back for a TD... we blocked a 47 yarder to win the game and BA walks off in disgust leaving their trophy on the field.....

No one gaves a chance in hades to win that game but we did.. let me also remind you the week before we had to score and make a 35 yard extra point with less than 30 secs left at home against a knox powell team that was no where near the same calibur as BA... we won that game 7-6...

dont get overzealous there alcoa...that BA team we beat in 1992 was twice the team yall are right now and our 1992 team had no big stars.. it was just a bunch of kids who had big hearts and wanted to win..... if we know 1 thing its this.....

COUNTRY BOYS CAN SURVIVE......!!!!! SING IT LOUD AND PROUD HANK!!!!!!! we need to bring that song back for the game!!

good things happen to MC football teams when they have their minds in the right place... Let me remind yall of a little game back in 1992.. this has to be the best state championship game in history... MC came in as nearly 3 td underdogs to a brentwood academy team that was in the top 20 nationally... the whole first half BA totally dominated us and within the last min of the first half BA's starting qb came out of the game with a bad injury... MC came out down 14-7 on a mission but still couldnt get a step ahead of brentwood.... but the 4th quarter came around and we got it to 26-21 and in the last 2 mins of the game, guy hansard picks off a pass and takes it back for a TD... we blocked a 47 yarder to win the game and BA walks off in disgust leaving their trophy on the field.....

No one gaves a chance in hades to win that game but we did.. let me also remind you the week before we had to score and make a 35 yard extra point with less than 30 secs left at home against a knox powell team that was no where near the same calibur as BA... we won that game 7-6...

dont get overzealous there alcoa...that BA team we beat in 1992 was twice the team yall are right now and our 1992 team had no big stars.. it was just a bunch of kids who had big hearts and wanted to win..... if we know 1 thing its this.....

COUNTRY BOYS CAN SURVIVE......!!!!! SING IT LOUD AND PROUD HANK!!!!!!! we need to bring that song back for the game!!

whoops i almost forgot to mention 1990..... we were district runnerups to seq co. we wanted a rematch in the semis against squatch but gatlinburg pittman upset them and we easily handled GP.... well we went to nashville and was a 21 point underdog also to an undefeated MUS team... we had lost 3 games that yr.. squatch, mccallie and we got totally manhandled against a 5A etowah co alabama team that came to jasper and laid the lumber to us...

we came out hot as fire and determined and won 26-7...

marion will come to play hardnosed football friday night... i hope yall do the same

Our underdogs have proved them all wrong so far, so just let them think what they want. My favorite saying , "On any given day any given team can win" I truly believe this! No matter what happens next Friday night our boys can hold their heads up high because they accomplished what no one but us Marion faithful believed they could do. I don't know about anyone else from Marion but I will never stop believing in our boys, they have worked their tails off this year to get where they are at, without getting the respect they have earned. I give Coach Boeck props he has done an unbelievable job turning this team around. He gets my vote for Coach of the year! Does anyone know if there has been another team in TN that has had a record like Marion with a first year head coach? Just curious. Keep up the good work boys, I'll cheer you on till the end!!!!!

Congrats Warriors!! and to answer your question I'm pretty sure in Coach Colquette's 1st year he went 10-0 in first year and we lost to Meigs Co 1st round of playoffs. 1981 I think.

Bracket on TSSAA.org has Alcoa as they home team. As I understand the 'Z plan', the higher seeded team gets the home game. The explanation is listed in the TSSAA handbook.

Taken from TSSAA handbook:

D. In Class 2A, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team.