Marion County @ Alcoa

mchs51

nothing motivates you as a senior quite like the idea of winning a 4th State Championship.

Amen to that! These seniors don't want to be the ones who didn't win it all. The future looks bright, too. The middle school went undefeated this year, didn't they???

But when we go to bed, we are under the sheets and sound asleep before the room gets dark!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now that's funny! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first chance to get on here since the middle of last week. The Scrappy Warriors found it in them to win yet another close ball game last week. They do have their work cut out for them this week, with Alcoa being the stout team they are an my guess having extreme depth i would say that Marion would have to play the best games of their lives Friday to keep it close and they can do that. I think that Alcoa has had alot in their corner an are no doubt a very very talented team, but one woud be intemidation... I look for the Warriors instead of playing "not to lose" to come out swinging and playing to win. Marion needs to understand that Alcoa wakes up every morning an hops into their breaches the same as they do... Prepare well keep your heads on strait an who knows what can happen come friday...

On another note Marion fans, is'nt it great to be goin to watch a FOOTBALL game after Thanksgiving???

Someone has been watching us put our pants on apparently, I'd advise the team to shut their blinds. They are spying on us.

You are very correct in saying that Alcoa is comprised of high school players and we are mere humans, despite what rumors are spread. I hope they come playing to win, and I am sure they will. I look forward to seeing a team that has never played Alcoa recently stepping onto the field. The mental issue has become a problem for many Region 2 teams and BTW. Hopefully Marion will not have this issue and we can see a good game. Still, I think Marion comes and plays to win, but in the end they are playing for pride because this game will be out of hand by the start of the fourth quarter if not earlier.

I'll be a good sport and help you guys out... Here is an EF5 Tornado...

EDIT: Oh look... There's a satellite TOR too... Awesome Storm!!! (May 3, 1999)

I'm just curious since you seem to be so intent on using the term EF5 for the enhanced scale how a storm that took place in 1999 could have been classified as EF5 in 1999 when Mr.Fujita's scale was not officially enhanced untill 2007 and work to enhance it did not start until 2000?

I'm just curious since you seem to be so intent on using the term EF5 for the enhanced scale how a storm that took place in 1999 could have been classified as EF5 in 1999 when Mr.Fujita's scale was not officially enhanced untill 2007 and work to enhance it did not start until 2000?

That's true. What I was alluding to was if the same storm hit today it would STILL be classified as an EF5. Sorry If I confused anyone.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You really need to get out and have some fun! BC was making a reference to the 13 games we've played.

LOL. I know.... I'm just doing what I do best... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> (Meteorology and the fine art of getting under people's skin)

And to answer the question about the PIC I posted... It was the May 99 (At the time) F5 tornado that hit the southwest suburbs of Oklahoma City.

No one is saying Marion is bad, but they are not on Alcoas level. They are good and making it this far is an acomplishment and you all have every reason to be proud. We are proud as well, and have been for a long time. We have not lost to a 2A team since 2003 when David Lipscomb throttled us in a big way. That streak will continue. If for some reason a game became close I have faith that Rankin will have them in the right mindset to win. We played Maryville tough and they are on of the states top schools. We beat 3A White House and that is still there only loss and they are playing in the Semis as well. It would take the worst Alcoa performance in years coupled with a stellar performance by Marion to upset Alcoa. If it takes multiple turnovers by BB to win by one than you all will be proud, but beat come 10pm Friday night. No reason not to be proud though.

Well we didn't play very well offensively, as you can see, but we will be better this week (a lot of drops). You and the Alcoa fans have more class than any other and we thank you. I wanted to see our two teams play all year and I think we are the only team that can give yall a game. We will come out and play hard win or lose and I will be proud of them but we aren't goin up there expecting to lose either buddy.lol We may have something for yalls great team. GO WARRIORS!!!