Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game between 2 very good teams.

I thought Chase James and Sam Thompson played the safety position the way it's supposed to be played. The FB Tyson is an excellent blocker and worth the price of admission when him and Avery squared up on each other. Thompson is also a real good blocker at receiver.

Alcoa dominated time of possession and turnovers were too much to overcome. Alcoa makes very few mistakes as a team and are obviously well coached.

Jr. LB Avery Williamson #19 is the best LB prospect from TN. A little FYI for some Alcoa fans is that he won MVP LB at Ole Miss camp back in the summer. He's something special. Still can't believe he got slighted for a Mr. Football nomination.

Soph DE Christian Coleman #88 was a beast on the field last night. . I expect big things from him in 09'.

Both of these guys should be 4 or 5 star prospects if they keep working hard.

I expect a rematch next year as Milan returns 10 starters.

#19 is the best player I have seen all year period and I have seen a lot of good teams in Tenn this year in person or on CSS/TV. I sure hope Coach Kiffin was in the stands last night. And yes, Coleman will special as well.

Congrats to Alcoa...The only team in Tennessee to EVER win 5 in a Row /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Now enjoy your victory this weekend and get back to the weight room Monday and get ready to defend those titles!!!

So true. I am excited that Alcoa has the record, but it is hard not to feel bad for the Maryville Seniors. Quarles is all class. Smiled and took the award and his team held up that silver.

So true. I am excited that Alcoa has the record, but it is hard not to feel bad for the Maryville Seniors. Quarles is all class. Smiled and took the award and his team held up that silver.

Absolutely, Taking nothing away from Coach Rankin but George Quarles will always been the best HS football coach in Tennessee in my opinion. Time honestly I think just caught up with Maryville and they ran out of athletes. So many Maryville teams in the past had top notch players and this years team just didnt have that "it" factor. Coaching will only take you so far when you play for championships but no doubt Maryville will be back....possibly as soon as next year

Well, I was dead on with my score prediction of 14 points. Although it felt like more than 14 points. I liked the idea behind the 3rd down quick kick, it just didn't work. Sam boomed punts and played solid D. The most impressive guy on Alcoas D tonight was #16. He was everywhere playing like a senior should. Milan was simply not on Alcoas level, but they did impress me. A good D and I think them and Marion of CAK could play a good game, with Milan winning the majority of the times. Good job Milan, you played hard. Avery was a monster, what did you all think of #2 the Sophomore.

I am almost 100% sure that #16 is Austin Tallent and I thought he was a senior.

#16 is Austin Tallant and he is a soph, now upcoming Junior. He played great tonite on Defense

We have boiled crow, deviled crow, fried crow, crow scampi, crow burgers, baked crow and cajun crow. Which will it be? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

We may want to save some, our dear friends beside us may have some to swallow as well. I am really bothered by Maryvilles loss but it is nice to have one record called our own. I am not sure how much talking was done on the Maryville thread, but Hillsboro may serve it up. All streaks must end, and one day our streak of Gold balls will, but it wasn't this year.

I'm awake, this 20 some odd temp is cold.

Bout to head back home.

Where is the 28 points Milan was gonna score and this awesome Milan defense?

I thought our D was fine. Only gave up 172 yards to Alcoa. I'd say they held up their end. Our offense could not get into sync. Most of it had to do with Alcoa D. Better team did win. I do think that Alcoa knows tha Milan belongs though. Don't forget, I take my crow with ranch and celery.

well well milan fans!!!!!! looks like alcoa's toughest game was last friday.... yall didnt even make an effort until the end of the game.... at least we played them tough almost the whole game and made em sweat a bit... the championship was last week as far as marion and alcoa are concerned.... CONGRATS ALCOA!!! WAY TO KEEP IT ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE BRACKET!!!! the western teams in 1a and 2a just cant compete with anyone east of nashville

Go ahead and live through someone else if you want to . The championship was Dec. 5th. They were the better team, but there is no doubt that they respect our D. They got hit hard many times. They answered the bell, but Marion Co. lost in the semis. Say what you want, but we gave 'em as good of a game as you did.