Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Congrats to Alcoa . It cracks me up how easily you all get upset with FBEmeritus's little cracks . I can't even get on an Alcoa thread anymore due to 90 plus pages of smack talk and photo shop galore going down , then FBE can get you all out of shape with the slightest dig ... anyway , way to represent Blount co. , Home of the CHAMPIONS !

His digs don't get me. I just don't like how he dogs the kids at Alcoa. He's a punk as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, this game was not nearly as close as the score indicated. Through the first three quarters, Milan averaged 16 yards of offense per quarter. Through 3.5 quarters, they had only one first down. The vast majority of the Milan offense came well after the final outcome was decided.

The coaches of Alcoa had Milan scouted very well. The line of scrimmage was dominated by Alcoa on both sides of the ball. The defensive quickness displayed by Alcoa was stunning. Until the midway point of the 4th quarter, Milan's longest offensive play covered 11 yards. Even on that play, Milan fumbled the ball away.

When Milan got to within 2 scores and they had the ball with over 3 minutes remaining, Milan was running plays up the middle. I have no clue as to what the coaches at Milan were thinking there.

It was clear to me that the game plan of Alcoa centered around ball control. And when you had the ball for over 31 minutes of a 48 minute game, you pretty much DOMINATED the game.

The only thing that Alcoa does not appear to do well is punting on third down. Outside of that, they pretty much had all of the bases covered. Sure, they did not pass much. Then again, they did not have to.

Congrats to Alcoa. You are clearly the best football team in 2A.

His digs don't get me. I just don't like how he dogs the kids at Alcoa. He's a punk as far as I'm concerned.

Well I don't agree with talking kids down either , but tell me this , If you went back over these 94 pages , how much trash talk , belittling , and making fun of the other team do you see the Alcoa fans doing ? I thought you were a preacher too , shouldn't you have a little more tolerance before you call someone a " PUNK " ?

I guess it is OK for the Alcoa posters to talk other teams of kids down right? Or for a coaching staff to hang belittling extra points on other teams of kids, when a game is clearly in hand, right? This is another argument for another time, not here.

Congratz to Alcoa on #5 in a row & #10 all time.

One thing is a fact, I would never be your Punk. Thanks for the sermon.

When Rankin got the Gatoraide dumped on him his expression was hilliarous. I don't remember seeing a coach "freeze" like that before.

well well milan fans!!!!!! looks like alcoa's toughest game was last friday.... yall didnt even make an effort until the end of the game.... at least we played them tough almost the whole game and made em sweat a bit... the championship was last week as far as marion and alcoa are concerned.... CONGRATS ALCOA!!! WAY TO KEEP IT ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE BRACKET!!!! the western teams in 1a and 2a just cant compete with anyone east of nashville

Aside from game play, that was a classy Alcoa team I saw tonight. From start to finish, they were helping Milan players off the ground and giving respectful helmet taps and butt-slaps all night. It's one thing to beat a team; to do it with class just adds to respect the victor deserves.

Also pretty impressive to hear about Sam Thompson's 35 on the ACT!