Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't agree with talking kids down either , but tell me this , If you went back over these 94 pages , how much trash talk , belittling , and making fun of the other team do you see the Alcoa fans doing ? I thought you were a preacher too , shouldn't you have a little more tolerance before you call someone a " PUNK " ?

You just don't get it do you. If someone from Alcoa always punked your(maryville's) players, coaches and sometimes fans, then you would have big issues. Not only that but to do it on there thread. This game has nothing to do with FBE. I don't understand why you come to his defense? Are you one in the same? HMMMMM! Some fans are Punks and I believe we know who they are. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

volfan, he's only a Junior too!

Very good player and should play D 1 some where. GCPioneer I will have to say Milan D was a little better than I thought. There offense was not however. I thought they would have more of a pass game. I will have to say I told you so on this one. My prediction was 26-13 Tornadoes.

I do want to congratulate the Bulldogs on a great year again and hope to see ya next year.

Congrats Milan on another fine season, just a little short this year. With ya'lls program, we'll see ya back there next year. Alot of returning talent coming back I see. Future looks bright for the Bulldawgs in Purple. I also think the game was down on the O side of the ball. I don't follow the dawgs during regular season, but the play calling I saw tonight I wasn't understanding. The defense though was very good, you gave Alcoa fits most of the game. I believe they will give a little more respect come Sat morning.

and congrats to Alcoa, fine game. Ya'lls defense was the best I've seen on any level this year. I to understand the hype everybody was talking about. One other thing, props to ya'lls coach, that was pure class displayed when he walked out on the field to check on the injured bulldawg......just pure class I say. I can understand the effort the kids put their hearts into with a leader like that...........JUST PURE CLASS, THE WHOLE ALCOA PROGRAM

Congratulations to Alcoa and Milan on their great seasons! Both D's played very well. Sir you hit the nail on the head Alcoa's coach is a class act as well as their program! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wrong as always reitz. Alcoa did not dominate both sides of the line. Both defenses dominated the line of scrimmage. Alcoa- 2.9 yards per play Milan-3.5.(before the overzealous alcoa fans jump on this i realize the score is the only stat that matters, just making a point here) Our defense played extremely well. TOP was about 3:1 alcoa and the entire game took place on our side of the field. Yet we only gave up 172 yards and 21 points to the greatest team God ever allowed to put on pads. We just made too many mistakes to win against a team that didn't make any. The penalties, 3 TOs, trick punt return, and the HB pass. Just can't do it. We couldn't get anything done up front on offense. Gilbert was getting hit 3 yards in the backfield.

Congrats to Alcoa. Ya'll played like a championship team with flawless execution. One of the best D's I've ever seen. Amazing to have the ability to stuff the middle when you're playing 2 deep safetys. The issue of the playcalling is an unfounded argument. Our bread and butter is up the middle but we can't block anyone. Can't throw over their 2 deep safetys. And the good runs by Avery came late when Alcoa was a little worn and looked to win. Hard to get into a rythym when you can't even get a first down.

7 starters returning on both sides. Hope to see you again next year.

Good Points and I agree. It came down to execution. You guys are excellent and will be fine next year as will we as we are very, very young. Clean hard fought game........just came down to execution in key moments of the game.

Well I don't agree with talking kids down either , but tell me this , If you went back over these 94 pages , how much trash talk , belittling , and making fun of the other team do you see the Alcoa fans doing ? I thought you were a preacher too , shouldn't you have a little more tolerance before you call someone a " PUNK " ?

I am a preacher and a father and a brother and a uncle and a...well you get the picture. FBE didn't just dig on Alcoa players in general, but he called names especially during the BW and Duck years-so for that I call him a punk. I have "turn the other cheek" tolerance, but there is a line...

I guess it is OK for the Alcoa posters to talk other teams of kids down right? Or for a coaching staff to hang belittling extra points on other teams of kids, when a game is clearly in hand, right? This is another argument for another time, not here.

Congratz to Alcoa on #5 in a row & #10 all time.

One thing is a fact, I would never be your Punk. Thanks for the sermon.

I'll let you know where I'm preaching when I get to Blount County...a very special D.C. hermeneutic just for you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

congrats to alcoa on a great 5th gold ball we made way to many mistakes and u all made what maybe 1 or 2 all night that is with out a doubt the best defense i have seen in a long time that said i thought we had a few chances to make plays and didnt do it i also like the sportsmanship on the field maybe we will see u again next yr

o also i almost forgot i need some of that crow and something to wash it down too lol

ps found this a little bit ago thought it showed lots of class

Alcoa coach Gary Rankin shrugged when asked how the only thing that changes is the color of jersey the Tornadoes wear from year-to-year.

"We played our game and Milan is a heck of team and Jeff (Morris) is a heck of a coach," Rankin said. "Give Milan credit."

But that doesn't get to the heart of the matter where it's obvious that football in the eastern part of the state is more than just one hour ahead of its counterparts in the west.

So, how does Milan compare to the teams Alcoa has faced this year in East Tennessee?

"They were the best team we played," Rankin said. "(Milan) was second in the state."

I'll let you know where I'm preaching when I get to Blount County...a very special D.C. hermeneutic just for you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry discussing a method or principle of interpretation of Gods word would be another thread. "Maybe in that dark alley" you spoke of in October when you commented on one of my posts?

Look, we differ in our opinions. If you look I have stayed away from Alcoa boards for sometime. What brings me back are cheap shots from some of Alcoa's posters. I am not who you guys think I am. I don't know you so we have that in common. I see things different that some others do. Last time I checked, we still are a free people.

Let's not detract from a great accomplishment by the kids who play for Alcoa. They got 5 in a row! Historical to say the least. Have a safe trip home & see you next year.

Congratz to the Alcoa players and fans.