Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

Quick questions for some Alcoa fans:

1. Has Alcoa been forced to punt on their first drive any other time in the season?

2. How many times in the season(roughly) has Alcoa had as many or any 4th and longs as they did Friday?

Also it was great to see that, it's not just out here in the west that we raise what some would call FOOLS! I'm talking about the students with no shirts...just body paint! haha Guess we have more in common than we thought! LoL

It's also great to see Alcoa had some great competition this year. I'm sure the past like 35-3, 53-13 scores got boring kinda quick. I'll probably get some flack, but I think just the shear fact Milan was withing 2 scores shows that maybe, the west isn't as weak as some think.

BCS, thanks, I'm a classy person and I look forward to getting on your nerves at some point next season! haha /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To answer your first question the only games this season where alcoa did not score on their first possession were Rockwood, CAK (play-offs) and Milan. I talked to a few of alcoas last week and they told me all week that milan would be the 2nd best team they played all year(maryville first) and i think that really held true. I think alcoas ability to get in two TE sets and run the football and control the clock was the main reason they won. They were just able to control both lines of scrimmage. Milan is the most athletic team weve played all year and they came out and did a great job competing. I can tell you from past experience watching alcoa games that most teams that get down 21-0 to alcoa pretty much just give up and you end up with the 50-0 games. I think milans team and coaches deserve a lot of credit for fighting their way thru that and showing the grit that got them to the championship game. As for alcoa, im very proud of our team. The defense played great but i also think the offense should get a lot of credit also. People are so used to alcoa lighting up the scoreboard. I think it says so much for alcoas offensive staff that they can go from a team whos qb had completed 71% of his passes with 28 tds to a team that lined up with two tight ends and said here we come. Were proud of our offensive coaching staff, coach rankin, riley,talley henry, harris, gossett and our defensive staff coach nix, gamble, brooks,adams, dunkin and hackett. Thanks for helping our boys bring home another title.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats junior you are a fine quarterback and a great athlete. IMO you are the best qb to play at milan because you came in as a junior from another school and took the dog by the leash and got immediate results. quarters as a junior and finals as a senior. not too shabby brother. be proud and know that without you at the helm milan IMO would not have been at the state this year. some call you tebow but i'll call you junior because that's who you are. keep playing the game because i know for a fact that you'll contniue to contribute at the next level. great season

JUSTIN "JUNIOR" COLEMAN, YOU ARE A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ok ok ok....Let's not smack the teammates in the face. The "team" got Milan there. Not one player. TRUST ME

True life.

Broad Statement: Maybe you should go look at Mat Simms or George West mr.

Just watched the replay from CSS. Sounded a lot like the UT/Miami game (I know I'm showing my age here...I don't even remember what the year was!) with Alcoa being UT and Milan being Miami. The sportscasters were definitely pro-Milan, but I shouldn't be surprised...it's been like that at least the last 4 years (this year being included).

I truly mean no disrespect to Milan: ya'll played hard. But, I don't think the game was as close as the sportscasters were saying it was. The game last week (against Marion County) was a lot closer (IMO). Alcoa did a much better job of controlling the clock, and I think that was a big difference in the game. Heck, Milan only had around 44 rushing yards going into the 4th quarter! The 2 runs by one player in the 4th gave them most of their yardage, and that's when Rankin started substituting. Milan's defense was good, but they still allowed us to score 3 touchdowns (4 counting the special team return).

I know I'm going to hear it from the Milan faithful. Congratulations for a great season and for being the Best in the West. Looks like both teams were fairly young this year. Let's do it again next year, ya hear?!!!

congrats junior you are a fine quarterback and a great athlete. IMO you are the best qb to play at milan because you came in as a junior from another school and took the dog by the leash and got immediate results. quarters as a junior and finals as a senior. not too shabby brother. be proud and know that without you at the helm milan IMO would not have been at the state this year. some call you tebow but i'll call you junior because that's who you are. keep playing the game because i know for a fact that you'll contniue to contribute at the next level. great season

JUSTIN "JUNIOR" COLEMAN, YOU ARE A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have forgotten but what school did attend before transferring to Milan? Was it Gibson County?

ok ok ok....Let's not smack the teammates in the face. The "team" got Milan there. Not one player. TRUST ME

True life.

Broad Statement: Maybe you should go look at Mat Simms or George West mr.

guess you didn't notice the IMO's did you bonehead. simms was a good qb. west, no finals as a 3 year starter.

--------------IMO------------- COLEMAN WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have forgotten but what school did attend before transferring to Milan? Was it Gibson County?

DRESDEN

Just watched the replay from CSS. Sounded a lot like the UT/Miami game (I know I'm showing my age here...I don't even remember what the year was!) with Alcoa being UT and Milan being Miami. The sportscasters were definitely pro-Milan, but I shouldn't be surprised...it's been like that at least the last 4 years (this year being included).

I truly mean no disrespect to Milan: ya'll played hard. But, I don't think the game was as close as the sportscasters were saying it was. The game last week (against Marion County) was a lot closer (IMO). Alcoa did a much better job of controlling the clock, and I think that was a big difference in the game. Heck, Milan only had around 44 rushing yards going into the 4th quarter! The 2 runs by one player in the 4th gave them most of their yardage, and that's when Rankin started substituting. Milan's defense was good, but they still allowed us to score 3 touchdowns (4 counting the special team return).

I know I'm going to hear it from the Milan faithful. Congratulations for a great season and for being the Best in the West. Looks like both teams were fairly young this year. Let's do it again next year, ya hear?!!!

NO ARGUMENT HERE. for the most part your right because i didn't see the mc game.

NO ARGUMENT HERE. for the most part your right because i didn't see the mc game.

If Milan would have played Marion it would have been a very good game. I would take Milan by a td. My top five would have been 1 Alcoa 2. Milan 3. Marion Co 4. CAK 5. Goodpasture /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If Milan would have played Marion it would have been a very good game. I would take Milan by a td. My top five would have been 1 Alcoa 2. Milan 3. Marion Co 4. CAK 5. Goodpasture /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

CAK would've been #4 only if they played everybody on their schedule like they play Alcoa. Still don't understand that one!

Wait a second. #88 was only a soph? Wow, that kid has potential. It was a pleasure watching Sam in his final game. I was behind the wonderful family of his, who filled up a whole row to see him play. Was able to catch up with his brother on life. I will eagerly await the decision he makes regarding school, as I will all Alcoa players.

i thought to face guard you had to throw your hand or hands up in front of the receivers face with your back turned towards the qb thereby lettin the ref know that you knew the ball was comin and couldn't defend it in time. i never seen the milan defender do this that's why i also question this call. also why did alcoa get to rekick 5yds. back after kicking the ball out of bounds on a kickoff and milan had to give it to them 25 yds. from the spot after they kicked it out of bounds?

The kicking out of bounds penalty is the choice of the receiving team. Coach Morris chose to make them rekick it because he probably hoped J.W. could get a big return. As far as the face guarding. The Milan defender did not allow the Alcoa player to have a chance to catch the ball, or be making a play on the ball himself. Because it was obviousl he wasn't making a play on the ball (he wasn't even looking in the direction of the ball), he was interfering with the receiver's chance to catch it.

thanx for the info. morris made the wrong call on that one too.

I apologize if you think I have a bad attitude, just don't like to see someone bash a good coach. Which is what you have done now more than once. He made the right decision. We have returners that can make big plays. You only accept that penalty if you don't think your players can get more yards than that. Our players could have. They didn't, but I know that it is very possible for them to every time they touch the ball.

Why don't you just say thanks coach for the good season. Why must you come on here and critique every move Morris made?