Alcoa vs Milan

owcoa

this game came down to 2 things. preparation and play calling. alcoa came better prepared and had a bigger playbook. they keyed on 2 players while on defense. jw and gilbert and they shut them down and were gonna make coleman win the game by his self and that just don't happen in high school football. alcoa's team speed on defense was amazing to say the least. wasn't impressed with their offense because their defense kept milan's offense off the field and in doing so just plain wore out a very good milan defense. dumb call on morris's part on trying the onside kick so early. you get momentum back then give it right back to them with a short field to boot. you cannot keep giving a team that is playing for a state ball a short field and expect to win and that's what milan kept doing. i've said all year that if milan would utilize their tight end in their passing schemes then you might have seen a different outcome. anyway congrats to alcoa you guys were fast, deep and totally outcoached milan. people are saying that these 2 teams will meet again next year. correct me if i'm wrong but i thought next year milan was playing a 3a regular season and 2a in the playoffs and alcoa was playinga 2a regular season and 3a in the playoffs. so how could they meet again. i could be wrong and if i am could someone please shed a little light on this subject?

First things first. You obviously don't understand the Z plan at all. You can't play 3A regular season and 2A in the playoffs. The class 2A regular season will split into 3A and 4A for playoffs. Alcoa and Milan are both going to be 3A in the playoffs.

Second. I'm sure Coach Morris will take your thoughts into consideration. Well, maybe not. It is easy for a fan to 2nd guess a coach isn't it. With a record like Coach Morris has, I believe that I will side with him. That being said, it is not a disrespectful thing to get out coached by Rankin. He is probably the 2nd best coach in the state. Sorry Alcoa, I still have to give the nod to Coach Quarrels (sp). The gap is not very wide though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As do I! LOCKING DOWN THE STATE!

Well, you folks in Milan are on the clock..........you MUST preach UT to Avery over the next year. The UT/Milan Legacy is special over the years. Don't let him get away!!!!! Keep Urban and Saban away!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just want to comment on what you said about the 2nd pass interference call. It was legit. No question about it. This is coming from a Milan fan. Not only can you not face guard in high school, but you can't do it at any level. The defender must turn to make a play on the ball. That being said, I don't think our guy even knew the ball was in the air. Of course that doesn't matter. It was definitely pass interference. I called it before I saw the flag. Not saying I know much, it was just that obvious.

i thought to face guard you had to throw your hand or hands up in front of the receivers face with your back turned towards the qb thereby lettin the ref know that you knew the ball was comin and couldn't defend it in time. i never seen the milan defender do this that's why i also question this call. also why did alcoa get to rekick 5yds. back after kicking the ball out of bounds on a kickoff and milan had to give it to them 25 yds. from the spot after they kicked it out of bounds?

First things first. You obviously don't understand the Z plan at all. You can't play 3A regular season and 2A in the playoffs. The class 2A regular season will split into 3A and 4A for playoffs. Alcoa and Milan are both going to be 3A in the playoffs.

Second. I'm sure Coach Morris will take your thoughts into consideration. Well, maybe not. It is easy for a fan to 2nd guess a coach isn't it. With a record like Coach Morris has, I believe that I will side with him. That being said, it is not a disrespectful thing to get out coached by Rankin. He is probably the 2nd best coach in the state. Sorry Alcoa, I still have to give the nod to Coach Quarrels (sp). The gap is not very wide though.

first off, thanks for the insight on the z-plan although you might be wanting to change your attitude there little dude, being as i was simply making an observation and then asking a question. that being said i could care less if morris takes my thoughts into consideration being as he will never know them them since he says himself he never get's on coach-t and advises his players to do the same. your right it is not disrespecful to be outcoached and i never said that it was being that it happens every friday,saturday and sunday during football season. especially friday night at the boro in the 2a championship game. simply stating my opinion just like you. i, like you, am a milan fan. so take a pill bro, it's all good. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i thought to face guard you had to throw your hand or hands up in front of the receivers face with your back turned towards the qb thereby lettin the ref know that you knew the ball was comin and couldn't defend it in time. i never seen the milan defender do this that's why i also question this call. also why did alcoa get to rekick 5yds. back after kicking the ball out of bounds on a kickoff and milan had to give it to them 25 yds. from the spot after they kicked it out of bounds?

Milan coach had the option (got to use the word in the right tense haha) of having Alcoa re-kick or take the ball 25 yards from the spot of the free kick. They took the prior opinion, I mean opton.

Well my friends, I just returned from the 'Boro. Had a little problem coming home (a light cover from a oversized vehicle flew off right in front of my car...no major damage but it was a fun little scare).

Anyway first off I want to start by congratulating the Tornado'E's of Alcoa for their 5th state title. Their D was awesome to watch. And some questionable calling on our part (I thought we should have thrown a little more but that's just my opinion), and their size and strenght proved to be our hard fall in the game. In my opinion, Milan didn't really play like a championship team last night. They made too many mistakes, to win a championship. I love them to death, but what sometimes happens when Milan falls behind is they start thinking they are beat. I just didn't see that fire in them after half-time. But you guys have had a GREAT season, you're definately 1st team in the west...and I don't care what anyone says you're 2nd in the state!!! I love my Dawgs!!!

As for our fan comment, I will have to agree to a point. We have some REALLY GREAT fans! I stayed until after the ball ceremony, but I hated how some of the fans got up and started leaving in the 3rd quarter as well. Our boys needed 4 quarters of full support against the number 1 team in 2A in the state. I was very disappointed, but this is something Milan faces all year. If they aren't winning, our fan support seems to die down.

Now APB, if you don't mind, I'd like to have a little dressin' with my crow(I'll take it roasted)...maybe even a little cranberry sauce if it's not too much to ask!! However my prediction did fall true...the team that scored first, won.

Also APB, I stopped at the Wally World on my way to the hotel last night to pick up my Silver Polish. You can bet that's gonna be the most shiney silver you've EVER seen! haha It's been fun bantering with some of you this week! I hope y'all have a safe off season, and hope to see you next year! Don't be too suprised if you're ever at BOH and see me walk in to try it out. (I have family in the area, and since it's so highly acclaimed on here...figured I might give it a try sometime.) I'll be clad in no less than my PURPLE PRIDE!!!

Good luck and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

GO DAWGS!!!

Classy bullDawgGirl03!

Hopefully next year at the same time, we can get started out on a "better foot" /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Take care, and glad you made it home safe.

Alcoa only 13 points...........Hmmm.

Alcoa 28

Milan 14

Stay warm! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

My pre-game break down was spot on. Might'a missed the stay warm part..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Great game Milan! Your fan turn-out and community support was awesome. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Got back too late to post my thoughts last night but saw two great games late yesterday. Congrats to Hillsboro for ending the streak and Oakland for sticking with your game plan and running it down Franklin's throat.

Now for the Milan/Alcoa game. I am proud of Milan for the amount of fight we put up Friday night. Could have been real easy to lay down after some things didn't go our way. We lost the field position battle, the turnover battle and you are not going to win against even a decent team when you lose both of those. Alcoa is far from a decent team, they are everything they were supposed to be. Great team speed just like us. I would have like to have seen us spread them out a little more and open up the middle but I don't know if it would have worked in the first half. Our Defense played outstanding - Bowed your back all night lonf with a short field behind you. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ALcoa, you are just the beast of a team. You are so fundementally sound it is a pleasure to watch you. It was also great to get the chance to knock you off that throne. I really do believe we have a great chance to do it again next year. The score may have been closer than the game but there were only 2 - 3 areas where you guys were clearly better. Those can be worked on and improved hopefully. I'm not saying we will beat you but the spread isn't as wide a most believe. Congrats to Alcoa and a undefeated run through 2A football. Your only loss was to Maryville and that is nothing to be ashamed of.

I did not realize Avery had 22 tackles until the announcement after the game. I guess that's what I get for just getting use to him being a great player every game. Great job Mr. Williamson!!! You were very deserving. Also congrats to #88 Christian Coleman - your motor runs hard every play and there will be few who will challenge you equally over the next two years. You will have to push yourself and I know you can do that.

To our Seniors - GREAT JOB THIS YEAR!!! - You guys took the leadership of the team and led your group to a undefeated regular season and the State Championship Game. You will have those great memories for the rest of your life. This team will go down as one of the top teams ever to play for Milan and that is quite a statement in its own right. You guys did not lose at Home all year and that is something that is very special. I have enjoyed watchin every one of you over the years and hope your future is bright with siezed opportunities!!

Quick questions for some Alcoa fans:

1. Has Alcoa been forced to punt on their first drive any other time in the season?

2. How many times in the season(roughly) has Alcoa had as many or any 4th and longs as they did Friday?

Also it was great to see that, it's not just out here in the west that we raise what some would call FOOLS! I'm talking about the students with no shirts...just body paint! haha Guess we have more in common than we thought! LoL

It's also great to see Alcoa had some great competition this year. I'm sure the past like 35-3, 53-13 scores got boring kinda quick. I'll probably get some flack, but I think just the shear fact Milan was withing 2 scores shows that maybe, the west isn't as weak as some think.

BCS, thanks, I'm a classy person and I look forward to getting on your nerves at some point next season! haha /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

congrats junior you are a fine quarterback and a great athlete. IMO you are the best qb to play at milan because you came in as a junior from another school and took the dog by the leash and got immediate results. quarters as a junior and finals as a senior. not too shabby brother. be proud and know that without you at the helm milan IMO would not have been at the state this year. some call you tebow but i'll call you junior because that's who you are. keep playing the game because i know for a fact that you'll contniue to contribute at the next level. great season

JUSTIN "JUNIOR" COLEMAN, YOU ARE A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />