4A State Championship Game

FBEmeritus

Well my Internet connection Is finally back up , looks like I've missed loads of fun /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I expect a great game this Saturday , and I agree with others In saying this may be George Quarles best coaching job ever . What they were able to do in 2000 was amazing , but to be sitting where we are once again after losing so many key players Is simply unbelievable . Hillsboro will once again have much more talent , and a lot more athletes than Maryville has , but when you combine the best coaching In this State with a bunch of " Hard nosed , never say DIE " young men that Maryville has this year , It will be a great game for sure .

I'm always proud of all the Maryville teams , but I must say this team has a special place in my heart . We have 3 linebackers who are very , very small in stature , but when you measure their hearts and their effort , they play like GIANTS . We have a QB who has improved so much as the year has went on , that it's hard to believe it's the same player who started against Halls in the first game . Our running backs are just like our Linebackers , small in stature , but Immense in the size of their Hearts . Our Offensive line lost probably our best lineman before the season even started to a severe injury , yet this line now looks just like all of Maryville's lines do , just like a finely tuned Machine . Amazing what great Desire and Great Coaching can accomplish .

I still remember the first drive of the year against our Defense . Halls marched right down the field on us , and I thought , " Oh my gosh , we may be in for a very long year " ! This Defense has had several games this year when It looked like the other team's Offense was going to be able to move the ball pretty good against us on the first drive , but after Coach Gaylor and Staff makes their adjustments , the Defense becomes a Brick Wall .

We are very lucky to have the great coaching that we have here at Maryville , but we are also lucky to have the young men who have grown up In the Maryville community who step up to the challenge of Past Accomplishments of their older brothers and friends . These young men have grown up with the heavy burden of living up to the unparalleled standards of Previous Maryville Rebels , and they have lived up to those standards like True Champions . Whether Maryville wins or loses Saturday , It doesn't really matter , these young men are already Champions In every way . This team doesn't have the big names or the big stars of previous teams , we might have one player who plays D-1 Football , but If D-1 was measured by Heart , Guts , Determination , and Effort , rather than times on a clock and how much you could bench press , Well this entire TEAM would be D1 !

Good luck to Hillsboro , how appropriate Is It that Maryville closes out their tenure In 4A , with this match up of their greatest Rival this past decade . Each Game has been like a battle of the Titans , and I expect this one to be just like the others . Whichever team loses will have nothing to be ashamed of at all .

EXACTLY. .. exactly

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOH! We got fighting words already. I love it!

Blade has a state championship ring from his time coaching high school ball in Santa Clarita, California. Make no mistake, Blade is no stranger to big time success just because he hasn't won 6 4A State Championships in TN like George Quarles.

I have the utmost respect for what George Quarles has accomplished at Maryville, but I do think Quarles and Blade will make for a great battle of wits not unlike Rankin and Quarles when they get together.

Blade was an assistant under a legend in Santa Clarita. I'd give the legend the credit for the State Championship.

Coincidentally, HHS is also the best team Henry County played all year.....Teague was the only player who HHS's defense didn't completely shut down. Honestly, without the long touchdown run and kickoff return he wouldn't have even stood out.

I'll give you a comparison, Maryville hasn't won 6 out of the last 7 4A State Championships because they have better talent than HHS, Melrose, or Maplewood.

Have you considered that HC county won 3 of 4 quarters? I don't think Mr. Football was individually responsible for that.

What does the weather forcast look like on Saturday around 4:30 EST/3:30 CST?

Red Rebulls.....Accordin' two tha Weathur Channull fer Murfeesburrow on Saturdee........Hi of 48 and Sunny.....Brang yore sunglasses....We's on tha vistors side this yeer... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well my Internet connection Is finally back up , looks like I've missed loads of fun /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I expect a great game this Saturday , and I agree with others In saying this may be George Quarles best coaching job ever . What they were able to do in 2000 was amazing , but to be sitting where we are once again after losing so many key players Is simply unbelievable . Hillsboro will once again have much more talent , and a lot more athletes than Maryville has , but when you combine the best coaching In this State with a bunch of " Hard nosed , never say DIE " young men that Maryville has this year , It will be a great game for sure .

I'm always proud of all the Maryville teams , but I must say this team has a special place in my heart . We have 3 linebackers who are very , very small in stature , but when you measure their hearts and their effort , they play like GIANTS . We have a QB who has improved so much as the year has went on , that it's hard to believe it's the same player who started against Halls in the first game . Our running backs are just like our Linebackers , small in stature , but Immense in the size of their Hearts . Our Offensive line lost probably our best lineman before the season even started to a severe injury , yet this line now looks just like all of Maryville's lines do , just like a finely tuned Machine . Amazing what great Desire and Great Coaching can accomplish .

I still remember the first drive of the year against our Defense . Halls marched right down the field on us , and I thought , " Oh my gosh , we may be in for a very long year " ! This Defense has had several games this year when It looked like the other team's Offense was going to be able to move the ball pretty good against us on the first drive , but after Coach Gaylor and Staff makes their adjustments , the Defense becomes a Brick Wall .

We are very lucky to have the great coaching that we have here at Maryville , but we are also lucky to have the young men who have grown up In the Maryville community who step up to the challenge of Past Accomplishments of their older brothers and friends . These young men have grown up with the heavy burden of living up to the unparalleled standards of Previous Maryville Rebels , and they have lived up to those standards like True Champions . Whether Maryville wins or loses Saturday , It doesn't really matter , these young men are already Champions In every way . This team doesn't have the big names or the big stars of previous teams , we might have one player who plays D-1 Football , but If D-1 was measured by Heart , Guts , Determination , and Effort , rather than times on a clock and how much you could bench press , Well this entire TEAM would be D1 !

Good luck to Hillsboro , how appropriate Is It that Maryville closes out their tenure In 4A , with this match up of their greatest Rival this past decade . Each Game has been like a battle of the Titans , and I expect this one to be just like the others . Whichever team loses will have nothing to be ashamed of at all .

VERY NICE POST, pep vol! I agree 100% with everything you just said!

Coincidentally, HHS is also the best team Henry County played all year.....Teague was the only player who HHS's defense didn't completely shut down. Honestly, without the long touchdown run and kickoff return he wouldn't have even stood out.

I'll give you a comparison, Maryville hasn't won 6 out of the last 7 4A State Championships because they have better talent than HHS, Melrose, or Maplewood.

Maybe you forgot about his TD pass to beat Gordon or his INT while covering Gordon. Its obvious that the people voting for the Mr. Football award saw every bit of the game and didnt forget who stood out! Good Luck to both teams Sat., should be a great day for football!

I could have never said it better.