Knoxville Catholic vs. Mitchell

playoffsarecool

Good call Eastoakland. Congrats on the ring. Wish i had one. But hey I'm fine. We might win state this year for my sport. Thanks for joining in the conversation Catholic haters. I'm happy you like to hear yourself talk. But don't worry, there is always next year for your team. Like someone said early, the winner did come out on top (haha) Justify how a team who goes undefeated in the toughest region in the classification is undeserving of a state championship. You complain about luck. Is it lucky for austin east to win over us because we missed 3 extra points and lost by one? Is it lucky that Freeney made the one handed catch in the endzone to put us out against fulton? So what if luck is a part of it? that should not take anything away. Maybe your team will do okay next year.

Yea Freeney made a one hand catch .. what comes around goes around .. the year before Harrison Smith made a diving catch in end zone to knock Falcons out .... great players make great plays .. congrats to KC for bringing home another Region2 3A title ... but if Mitchell had kept giving the ball to number 28 if might not have been ... I dont know what the coach was thinking the way they were pounding the ball down KC's throat .. to even try a pass is the worst call I have ever seen ... but KC found a way and won against a superior talented team with awful coaching.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic will be fine in their new district. Here is why. Previous performance is a fine indicator of future performance. When Catholic went into 2-3A, they were picked by most (including me) to do no better than 4th. AE or Fulton at the top, with AC, Kingston/Catholic. They did fine then. They have grown in numbers, and developed a an even better feeder program since then. Their 8th grade team won the league, that I believe includes some of the Knox. Co. teams they will play in 6A district play & 5A playoff play. According to the broadcasters yesterday they only had five starters back from last years team. So what? That means talented depth is there. They have a bunch coming back next year. They will give Mville, Farragut, Bearden, West, Billy Blount all they want. I'm not suggesting they will beat them all, but it would not surprise me. Farragut will be strong (they beat Mville in a scrimmage this past fall). I know. Bearden with Young, and the new QB, along with a much more experienced line will be good. Meadows is back at Billy B. Maryville lost, so they will be out to restake their claim. Cummings has West pointed in the right direction. District is going to be fantastic viewing for an old fan like me. Catholic will be in the mix. MM should roll through next year. Fine team.

ruse?

I agree about their feeder program. My 10 year old son has played in their feeder program for 3 years playing in the XFL (the toughest division) the last 2. Their record 30-3 with 2 county divisional championships. This year they gave up 12 points all year and that was in 1 game. They teach these kids fundamentals, disicpline and they run the Catholic offense. By the time this group gets to H.S. they'll be prepared and ready to step in and play. With the exception of 2 kids (one will go to Grace the other CAK) all of these kids will go to Catholic. Check out YOUTUBE and you can see how our QB threw a 45 yard pass to beat Bearden in a game when they were 8 years old. That's how Catholic builds a program. It's funny that people say Catholic recruits, our QB is Catholic, I know his brother very well, and he will tell you that he regrets not going to Catholic instead of Central. His older brother attended St. Josephs..... a Catholic school. If Catholic is cheating check the middle school records of almost any Knoxville area school and I bet at least 40% of the kids on these teams are out of zone. It also amazes me that people accusing KCHS of cheating are the fans of teams that can't beat us. For those of you who know me, I have one thing to say.... Irish Pride!

I was going to stay our of this but I couldn't. First of all congrats to KCHS for bringing it back to region 2 3A. As most of you know, I am a good friend of caoch Graham. He told me don't call the radio station and don't reply on no message boards and/ or blogs. I have to set the record straight though. Graham did not say the kids could play. At the time it was let out he said that he did not talk to the news sentinel. The only person he talked to was Channel 8 I think he said Phillips has called him. He teaches class until 2 pm. Then he had a department meeting afterwords. He couldn't have spoke to anyone until around 3 pm at great legnth, the story was already out he said those things. I talked to a beat writer (Smtihey)from the sentinel and said he said Graham did not say it and he said graham did not tell him that. Matter of fact Graham called him and asked him where did they get that. The truth is Graham met with the kids on Sunday. Anyone that knows him knows he has high character standards. That doesn't mean kids don't stray. Every Wednesday they do a character building class. Turtle your son knows this. Also Every Thursday morning at 6:30 am Graham and his coaches have Bible study. This man was very upset at the players in trouble. Talking to one of them they told me that after they won against Kingston Graham ended his after game speech saying the good Lord has blessed you, be thankful for your blessings, our team, coaches, community and school has been put down, but the good Lord has giving us another day together, don't forsake him. Celebrate this win but do it the righteous way and don't forsake him, do the right things in His eyes, don't forsake him. If any of you see any AE players I bet they will recite this to you verbatim. I had several tell me this after the game. Back to the decision. Graham told the kids (the 8 accussed) that he was very upset with them and he has to think about what he was going to do. He said he was going to call some of his friends and other coaches and ask for their opinion. But that the kids would be punished. The players at that time told Graham who actually out of the 8 did steal something. He told them if you were there you were wrong for not talking your bother out of it. He told them he will decide later. At that time the AD came to his office and fussed at the kids, he told them they will be allowed to play. He told Graham not to say anything abot the matter just this is not a school matte therefore he could not comment on it. (it would make more sense for him to say they were notplaying for the opponent to ease their mind and maybe not focus like they needed to.) He told Graham that his decision was for them to play because he doesn't want to jeapordize the remaining of the kids. He said he had already spoken with administration and they decided the kids could play. The kids were put on probation at school. They had to clean up the school before school and after school. They were not allowed to practice until all of the work was done. I asked Graham what his decsion was going to be, he said suspend the kids who actually admitted stealing something for the remaining of the season and sit the remaining players for the first half even though they did not steal anything. This was Monday night before it got out and before the Super made his decision. Graham did say that when first asked by a teacher he told them I don't know this is not a school matter, so I guess they can play but I don't know what is going to happen. The teacher told him it was on the news and he received an instant message. It was then Graham read that he said something he didn't say. I read all the blogs on the news sentinel and wanted to respond but I wanted to keep my word. Graham was at practice that Wednesday but was in meetings all day Wednesday dealing with the decision. Fact: In 2006 Graham suspended 17 players for making an F on their report cards and would not let anyone play until that F became a C. They lost to Webb, Kingston and held on in first round to beat Seymour. I know he would have stuck with his values in this situation. I always hear on these lines about coaches getting out coach, especailly black coaches. I read how M em Mitchell got outcoached. But when they win they have better athletes. Last year when AE beat KCHS it was all about them not having class for jumping up and down on the field but when they beat AE one of their players took the catholic flag and put it in the middle of the field at AE. When talking about AE look at their football players graduation rate, GPA, discipline hearings, etc. etc. Also ask Judge Irwin what he thinks about coach Graham's integrity. My nephew has been in trouble and Judge Irwin pulled some strings because he knows that coach graham has a way of getting kids to go down the right road. This man has got kids out of gangs, off drugs, wanting to graduate and go to school. Oak Ridgers who knew coach graham would agree with everything I am saying. As far as football he is one of the best around. I seen their little league program and for him to make a contender out of that fiasco, believe me he is a great coach. One thing I want you to now is because a team has a bunch of black players doesn't mean they are great athletes. If so Senegal, Ghana, and other African nations would win in the Olympics in every sport. Of course that doesn't happen. Remember not many of the inner city teams players can afford to go to football camps and go to private trainers. Give the kids at KCHS their credit as great athletes. Being a private school enables them to go and get athletes. No body complained before so why complain now. KCHS done a fine job this year. They are the first team to go undefeated and win the state in region 2 3A. All others had a loss or two so great job. Great teams are great no matter what classification they are. Catholic kids are used to winning period. They will compete next year. And so will AE. They have a great freshmen class (undefeated beat Oak Ridge, Catholic and Farragut freshmen by 2 or more touchdowns). KNowing Graham I know he would like to play KCHS again. 45-0 whew. Well San Antonio is great and I look forward to coming back to Tennessee in May. Hopefully we want have to deploy anywhere else in a while.

Beating White House won't mean anything when you get whipped on Saturday!

Mitchell has absolutely no class what so ever. Last year, after we beat them, they threw helmets at us and the cops had top come on the field. I hope that yall getting to state and losing helps yall get more class. From what I have seen they have no class what so ever. They are immature and need to be put in there place. Even there coach has no class. I am guessing things wont change down there.

Any White House fans thinking what could have been? I guess you can say. you are the 2nd best team in 3A.

Congrats to KCHS Irish!

UHHHH yeah.

Sick, can't win a state title in just one half. can u. k C knows it dodged a bullet when WH came to town.

Congrats to the Gold Domes !

STATE CHAMPIONS 2008.

Future luck to you....ITS hard to repeat.

Congratulations to Catholic on the State Title. I hope you Irish fans noticed Maryville coach George Quarles hugging Mark Pemberton's neck and congratulation him?

I agree with a lot of other posters. Why did Mitchell try to pass when #28 kept getting 10 yards a carry?

Congratulations to Catholic on the State Title. I hope you Irish fans noticed Maryville coach George Quarles hugging Mark Pemberton's neck and congratulation him?

I agree with a lot of other posters. Why did Mitchell try to pass when #28 kept getting 10 yards a carry?

Mitchell has absolutely no class what so ever. Last year, after we beat them, they threw helmets at us and the cops had top come on the field. I hope that yall getting to state and losing helps yall get more class. From what I have seen they have no class what so ever. They are immature and need to be put in there place. Even there coach has no class. I am guessing things wont change down there.

Everybody knows what happened LAST YEAR. This year they played hard sound football. Lets leave our personal comments concerning a game that took place LAST YEAR alone. Your memories should be of you kissing that gold ball.

Everybody knows what happened LAST YEAR. This year they played hard sound football. Lets leave our personal comments concerning a game that took place LAST YEAR alone. Your memories should be of you kissing that gold ball.

I just wanted to point out that the Mitchell fans were respectful and nothing bad like throwing helmets went down. I mean of course they had their tempers flare on the field, but it was nothing major. They were much more classy then white house. And even on here, many of the Mitchell fans said congratulations. At the same time though, White house fans and anderson county fans are the ones who are trying to act like we didn't deserve it. Mitchell will make it very far next year, count on it. they are good.

I just wanted to point out that the Mitchell fans were respectful and nothing bad like throwing helmets went down. I mean of course they had their tempers flare on the field, but it was nothing major. They were much more classy then white house. And even on here, many of the Mitchell fans said congratulations. At the same time though, White house fans and anderson county fans are the ones who are trying to act like we didn't deserve it. Mitchell will make it very far next year, count on it. they are good.

Mitchell will have their hands full as they move to playing for a 6A Championship. They've got some young talent but it will be a different world for them. They will have to find a new motivation for them as David Lipscomb will not be out there for them.

Good Luck to the Tigers in 09!

Also, no one seams to realize or notice how many turnovers Catholic forces. Every game I have been to there has been numerous fumble recoveries and interceptions. That is one of the intangibles that most people factor into the equasion. I think that Catholic is just a very well rounded team, and Pemberton pulled a few surprises this year especially in the playoffs. He went for 2 point conversions all year. It burnt us last year because we missed an extra point against AE, and who would have thought of going for an onside kick to open up the second half of a championship game. The game was way to close for that. That took a "set", if you know what I mean. I think that alot of teams this year simply got out coached.Give Pemberton his due.