Oneida in 09

remade28

What do want to cross spears about your opinion is as good as mine. As we get older memories fade ,Players numbers and names burr together and all I know is I have to wait for the fall. The cool nights and warm days and the click clack of cleats on concrete as the walk toward the field. Yes kaz, old friend , This is why patience is a virtue.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleat, old buddy.....I'll be the first to admit I have little patience, if any! No Spear Cross'in! The other day I ran across a former player and he (knowing who Kazam is) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> inquired as to why I didn't have HIM on my All-Time Team at a specific position. Now he was a fine player and all, but in this specific position, IMO it was not even a contest. Of course we were talking apples and oranges....right?.....so everyone has an opinion on things. By the way, I in no way mean to belittle any of the proud players that have suited up for the Big Orange over time......we are all brothers on the Reservation! It is rediculus to even assume my selections are the greatest of all time....they were just one guys choices! Even I know some of my selections have some bias to them! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You could take my choices with a grain of salt, because that is how they were made! LLLLLoooooonnnnngggggggg SSssssssuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeerrrrrrrrrrr! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kazanity

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Oneida play at Hampton in the playoffs a couple years ago, as i was talking to an Oneida fan he was telling me that the sorta tall guy on the sidelines was coach before Tony Lambert, Is he the new coach now or is it someone else. If not who was the tall guy? Is TL coming back as an assistant, sounds like a tight knit staff, sorta like Hampton's. Hope these two teams can schedule again, I really think both teams fans and coaches like each other and pull for each other.

I watched Oneida play at Hampton in the playoffs a couple years ago, as i was talking to an Oneida fan he was telling me that the sorta tall guy on the sidelines was coach before Tony Lambert, Is he the new coach now or is it someone else. If not who was the tall guy? Is TL coming back as an assistant, sounds like a tight knit staff, sorta like Hampton's. Hope these two teams can schedule again, I really think both teams fans and coaches like each other and pull for each other.

The tall coach is coach Burchfield he was the head coach

before coach Lambert. coach Brewster is the head coach now.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw in the KNS that Lambert was named Oneida's D Coordinator. How do you think the staff will mesh with the role reversal of the coaches?

The staff will do just fine. Not only are these guys all committed to having a quality program they are all good men & close friends. The "role reversal" will bring about some new changes but I can assure you everyone is on board.

Has GP and Onedia ever played, I am from GP. GP lost its QB in game 8 finished 9-2, congrats on a 13-1 season.We have our hands full this yr, with 3 preseason top 5 teams, Oneida, AE, Fulton. should be an exciting year.

Yes harley, GP & Oneida used to play on a regular basis. I have played in some of those games in the late 80's. It was always a good hard fought game on both sides. However, we always seemed to come up just a bit short on the winning side. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I may be wrong but I can't recall if we have ever beaten GP. Who knows. Hopefully we may finally break thru into the win column this year against them but if we don't it will still be a good game for both teams to start the season out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I have always had much respect 4 GP. Good Luck on your upcoming seasoning & I'm looking forward to seeing this game cuz it has been quite a while since we have played each other. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

tks for the quick response, we are looking foward to playing a fine program as yours it should be a good test for both of us, I think it will be on tv,mark packer will be there. thur. nite.

Yeah I have a son playing as a freshman this year & that's what he was telling me the other day. That should make for a little more excitement for the players as well.