Any word on the Macon Co. coaching search?

LeatherBalls

Man, I would not have believed the lack of understanding the people on the hill understand about the situation you have if I had not experienced it one time...

Don't you even realize that anyone with knowledge of this political and community situation in Macon Co. spells doom for anyone who comes here and tries to do the job that has to be done? You will not get anyone GOOD with any experience because 1) they will have MANY other far more attractive options to choose from; 2) they will not take a step down from where they are now (and frankly, it will be a step-down due to the politics); and 3) they will have talked to numerous other coaches who KNOW the problems that have occured, and why they have occured, in Macon County. You might get someone new or making the change over from assistant to head coach; but if they have any talent and are working with people who know what is going on in the county they will steer their proteges away, FAR away, from this job.

Frankly, until the politics in this county change, it will always be that way...and the only person you will get will either have a spotty background and record, or will be absolutely bamboozled into taking it. And it is sad for the kids...but isnt it true that the kids unfortunately always pay for the sins of the adults?

Sorry to say, but this is a fact; and it would be a very, very, VERY rare person who could step over this minefield (that is laid as tight as the old Brickyard) and bring all the factions together and make that work without getting hung out to dry. And that person has already been crucified once...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I would not have believed the lack of understanding the people on the hill understand about the situation you have if I had not experienced it one time...

Don't you even realize that anyone with knowledge of this political and community situation in Macon Co. spells doom for anyone who comes here and tries to do the job that has to be done? You will not get anyone GOOD with any experience because 1) they will have MANY other far more attractive options to choose from; 2) they will not take a step down from where they are now (and frankly, it will be a step-down due to the politics); and 3) they will have talked to numerous other coaches who KNOW the problems that have occured, and why they have occured, in Macon County. You might get someone new or making the change over from assistant to head coach; but if they have any talent and are working with people who know what is going on in the county they will steer their proteges away, FAR away, from this job.

Frankly, until the politics in this county change, it will always be that way...and the only person you will get will either have a spotty background and record, or will be absolutely bamboozled into taking it. And it is sad for the kids...but isnt it true that the kids unfortunately always pay for the sins of the adults?

Sorry to say, but this is a fact; and it would be a very, very, VERY rare person who could step over this minefield (that is laid as tight as the old Brickyard) and bring all the factions together and make that work without getting hung out to dry. And that person has already been crucified once...

beegdawg you just hit the nail square on the head.

Titansbuck, Based on your work history from the springfield thread, it seems that you were at Springfield the same time Coach jones was their. Should he not be a candidate for the job. Also i think we had a coach at MCHS named Sam whose full name was Fred Samuel??? Come on what about Jones. He seemed to know his X and O's and was a good head coach in chattanooga???

Is this the Jones that was run out of Chatt Centratl because of some questionable handling of money? (Understand that it is been a while and that may have not been the story)

Titansbuck, Based on your work history from the springfield thread, it seems that you were at Springfield the same time Coach jones was their. Should he not be a candidate for the job. Also i think we had a coach at MCHS named Sam whose full name was Fred Samuel??? Come on what about Jones. He seemed to know his X and O's and was a good head coach in chattanooga???

Is this the Jones that was run out of Chatt Centratl because of some questionable handling of money? (Understand that it is been a while and that may have not been the story)

Yes, that is the same one. Also, heard he was in Texas now and not even coaching and has no desire to get back into it.

Who's Fred Samuel?

Oh really???? Who are you talking about?

Even JC didn't go back to the cross twice or thrice????

Yes, that is the same Coach Jones, I also heard about the money issue. I spoke with his wife's garndmother in RBS it had nothing to do with money at all. His last year at Central the school board cut the coaching staff from 4 paid coaches too 2 paid coaches. So Coach Jones raised the money to replace 2 coaches supplements and paid them from that. This ended up not being in favor of the school board superintendent, because he thought that Chattanooga's inner city schools would not be afforded the same luxuary. There was no money problems just coach Jones taking care of his assistants. That is what his wife's grandmother told me.

Also, just a bit of knowledge from my research he took a perinal loser that had not been to the playoffs since 1984 or 1986 can't remember now and led them to 2 playoffs out of 4 during his tenure. The last was versus Maryville in 2003, Central lost and the the next week Maryville got beat by morristown west. That is when Maryvilles last streak started until they lost at state this year. From what i was told that year Central put a huge hurtin on maryville, Knocked out like 3 starters that could not play vs. morristown west.

I don't even know that Coach Jones would be interested. But he sure made me a better person and an even better father. It just seems that we need some one to take an interest in our boys the way he took an interest in me and our team. He made me believe that I could be anything that i wanted. So I went to college and became the man that I wanted be. He was a very good mentor to me.

Whoever is named.. Tell him to bring his Golf Clubs. could possibly rub elbows with the right political group. Who knows, the next one could be just what MC has waited for... you never know.

Good luck with the search

I wish they would let this group have something to do with it. They have never let them, just run them down. They same old group has always had something to do with the hiring and firing for the past 30 years or more and look what we have got. tHE BUNCH YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT has not had a chance or a say.I don't care much for them but I do think they could win and make it happen and thats what the other bunch don't want because it would make them look bad.

I wish they would let this group have something to do with it. They have never let them, just run them down. They same old group has always had something to do with the hiring and firing for the past 30 years or more and look what we have got. tHE BUNCH YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT has not had a chance or a say.I don't care much for them but I do think they could win and make it happen and thats what the other bunch don't want because it would make them look bad.

this group, that group, the groupers swimming in long creek. john lennon said it best, "imagine all the people, living life as one." you may say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

it's so overwelmingly sad that lil small minded people put themselves and their ego's over the kids. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

it's shameless, i hope karma kicks them in the teeth. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />