portland football coach opening

seymourbutts1

any word if coach brooks got the job at ensworth yet, I know he turned down the mba job. It was only because of the drive though. he had it if he wanted it.

That's crazy if he turned it down. $50,000. Man what's he thinking. It's time to move on from Portland

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Coach Brooks would be a great fit at MBA. But this is a Portland thread not MBA back to the Portland Job. I have an inside man at Portland and he tells me that Portland (bobby) is wanting to go to the Spread. And the name that keeps coming up is an assistant from Smyrna. I heard he has coached at the college level and loves to throw the rock. He is young a little on the heavy side but has a great since of humor. He really believes in kids and truly loves to help kids out. He might be here in January because I hear he teaches business and I am pretty sure that was what Coach Bever teaches. (Thats what he taught when I was in school) so maybe we can swap the two coaches. Maybe. And since the middle school already runs the spread maybe the high school can adapt to the middle school's system. (since they are so good and win so many games) Well good luck next year D.C. whoops I almost let the cat out of the bag.

Portland City champs in 09'

Did Mid even apply?

In all seriousness when is Portland going to make a decision on a new coach?

Are they still interviewing, on 2nd interviews, down to 3-4 candidates, or what? Just curious to know.

It has been open for several weeks and I don??™t think anyone has anything

legitimate to report. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Gideon has said it will probably be after Christmas break before he announces the hire.

any word if coach brooks got the job at ensworth yet, I know he turned down the mba job. It was only because of the drive though. he had it if he wanted it.

Just an FYI, if MBA is too long a drive then Ensworth will be too. Ensworth is another 5-7 minutes out Highway 100 from MBA.

Also, $50,000 to coach at MBA? You are talking about the junior high team. Head coach is WELL over $100.000. Also, Ricky Bowers didn't take a pay cut when he left MBA for Ensworth so that should tell you about the Ensworth $.

FRA put quite a bit out there to get Pack and Kurt Page also.