Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, Meadows did beat Maryville. :thumb:

Yea, he was the coach when Maryville fumbled and gave that game to the tor-nad-oz's. Think that was a while agao, so far back my memory is somewhat fuzzy. 01 maybe? Can't remember.

If you think Meadows is a good coach and can beat a quality team, good for you.

I've never seen it.

Ok FBEmoron, I was trying to correct your fellow Rebel or Bell County fan??? Your nothing but a punk and a clown. You want to come on here and belittle the TORNADOES or their player any chance you get. Just remember one thing 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 and counting. WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!! :thumb:

Oak Ridge is not the same OR as of years past, that is obvious. William Blount is not a good team by any stretch. Bell Co. is struggling according to some people I know up that way. They lost 14 seniors or so and recently dismissed their best player who was the leading rusher or returning leading rusher???? Who was also a force on defense. Alcoa will not be prepared for what they are going to see.

Alcoa will not beat Maryville. They are struggling in the passing game and kicking game. You can't rely on big plays to beat "real team." :thumb:

Oak Ridge is still a good team. Nobody thinks that wb is worth anything but niether is Haritage or Greenback. Bell Co. is still the defending 4A State Champs and have a lot of tallent. To say that Alcoa will no be prepared is a joke. They do a great job preping for every game. The passing game will be just fine and the kicking is improving, Castro has had a groin injury bothering him but should be back to 100% by the 28th. But like i said before, both teams have good skill guys, so the offensive and defensive lines of both teams will determin the outcome.

Hey Alcoa/Maryville fans..

After watching both of the teams in the jamboree I am ready to make a prediction....

Alcoa is the real deal. They have the atheletes to play with anyone. They are big where they need to be and fast everywhere.... It should be a good year for the F5's..

Maryville also has alot of talent but top to bottom it is not what its been in years past. There big men didn't seem as athletic as in the past and team speed seems to be down a little.. I know its hard reload year after year and the Rebels may be in a lull...

That being said I still feel that Alcoa will have to play a mistake free ballgame to win.. GQ is one of the best coaches I've ever seen at this level. What keeps him here I don't know. He should be coaching at the next level somewhere but as long as he's here the Rebels will be a force to reckon with...

Don't get me wrong..Alcoa's Coach is no slouch either... He has consistently kept his program operating at a high level but I still give the Rebels the advantage is this area....

Hows that for being wishy /washy????

I think this is the year that Alcoa breaks the streak.

I thought that before but with the recruiting advantage that Alcoa has gained in the last few years I'm going with ALCOA.... Starz is going to have to polish up ole "nellie bell" and maybe raise the bar on his garbage service... Maybe get Mama Starz some posters made up like Heather Harington did on that Harley... :roflol: I'm sure some of our photo shop geniuses could help you out.... (BC and APB, you out there?)

Alcoa 27

Maryville 24

tpoole12

Now before everyone jumps on me let me say I'm just teasing. Parents have the right to put their kids wherever they like as long as they abide by the rules set down by the TSSAA....

Ok FBEmoron, I was trying to correct your fellow Rebel or Bell County fan??? Your nothing but a punk and a clown. You want to come on here and belittle the TORNADOES or their player any chance you get. Just remember one thing 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 and counting. WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!! :roflol:
Someone has some anger management issues.

Poor poor alcoa fans, they never learn do they guys. Yeah you all have all the 'talent' in the world and a coach who is gonna finally outsmart GQ and break the streak thats been alive since 2001. wait a minute....wake up people its not gonna happen. These are the MARYVILLE REBELS we are talking about here, who happen to have the BEST COACH IN THE STATE. You will not win this game, it may be close, but destiny will prevail and the tornadoes will once again be downgraded to a light breeze on a forgettable night for alcoa fans. Sorry guys, but i speak the truth. Im giving maryville the at least 7+ point victory that awe are accustomed to. go get em Rebels, but good luck tornaders, you will need it