Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RebelRaider, why don't we just go ahead and forfeit this game? You guys seem like you've already won. Forget the electricity in the air or the pads crackin. Never mind the good ole hamburgers at the grill or the hot popcorn on a Friday night. Forget all of this because there is no way we could beat the mighty red rebels.

NAH, lets not! I enjoy this rivalry too much. Even if we get beat by two or three touchdown. The atmosphere is second to none in high school football. Its one of the best rivalries in the state and also one of the oldest. Most people don't even know how the rivalry got started, so here's a history lesson.

Back in the early 1900's Aluminum Company of America decided to build a plant in West Maryville. The workers of this plant had kids of course and needed a school. Maryville did not want the kids (blue collar working families) to attend their school at the time, due to over crowding issues and social classes at the time. At least, this is how my civic teacher (Mrs Cobb) explained it. So the Aluminum Company bought West Maryville and called it ALCOA. The AL in Aluminum, the CO in company, and the A in America is how we got our name. AND so, this is how the rivalry got started so long ago. With the kids at Alcoa feeling like they weren't good enough to go to Maryville. I can name a couple of poster's that still feel this way but I will refrain.

Now the history lessons over and time for some football. Get ready for a dose left and right! :thumb:

FBE your hate for Alcoa has shown thru so often, its pretty pathetic. Everyone knows where Maryville beats Alcoa. Its in the trenches and the 4th quarter. Also you name me ONE time were I have cited Maryville for not having any athletes or talent. Where has any Alcoa fan said that? Maybe somebody has but I haven't seen it. You like to try and put words into our mouths. Also point out where any Alcoa fan has even made a prediction of this game. So you get your little snot rag and wipe your eyes and quite your cryin. Also bring that rag to the game. B)

I can't site where you said that Maryville did not have any athletes or talent, I believe you are too smart for that. My sarcastic remark was about the many Alcoa fans and fans from other schools as well that float the thought that GQ is the only reason the Rebels have been about the best in state since 98'. It gets old hearing the Winn ingest team in the state got all of those wins and gold balls just because of a coach. GQ is super and I think one of the best ever, but the kids execute and do the hard work. That is why they beat teams in the 4th qtr and in the trench.

I do like to needle you guys but still think Alcoa is way overrated. Not overrated in 2A or 3A but when the best in all classes’ idea gets posted. Got to beat some of the best more than once every other 6 or 7 years. Alcoa only plays a top quality team once a year and as we all know does not win too often.

This might be the year, but it will only be this one year, because next year MHS will be a contender for the new 6A gold ball. Just watch. Good luck in bell co warm-up game.

[quote name="FBEmeritus

I can't site where you said that Maryville did not have any athletes or talent' date=' I believe you are too smart for that. My sarcastic remark was about the many Alcoa fans and fans from other schools as well that float the thought that GQ is the only reason the Rebels have been about the best in state since 98'. It gets old hearing the Winn ingest team in the state got all of those wins and gold balls just because of a coach. GQ is super and I think one of the best ever, but the kids execute and do the hard work. That is why they beat teams in the 4th qtr and in the trench.

I do like to needle you guys but still think Alcoa is way overrated. Not overrated in 2A or 3A but when the best in all classes’ idea gets posted. Got to beat some of the best more than once every other 6 or 7 years. Alcoa only plays a top quality team once a year and as we all know does not win too often.

This might be the year, but it will only be this one year, because next year MHS will be a contender for the new 6A gold ball. Just watch. Good luck in bell co warm-up game.

I don't have a dog in the fight but it's funny (almost) how this poster lays the groundwork so even if Alcoa wins this year, it really doesn't matter. :blush:

RebelRaider, why don't we just go ahead and forfeit this game? You guys seem like you've already won. Forget the electricity in the air or the pads crackin. Never mind the good ole hamburgers at the grill or the hot popcorn on a Friday night. Forget all of this because there is no way we could beat the mighty red rebels.

NAH, lets not! I enjoy this rivalry too much. Even if we get beat by two or three touchdown. The atmosphere is second to none in high school football. Its one of the best rivalries in the state and also one of the oldest. Most people don't even know how the rivalry got started, so here's a history lesson.

Back in the early 1900's Aluminum Company of America decided to build a plant in West Maryville. The workers of this plant had kids of course and needed a school. Maryville did not want the kids (blue collar working families) to attend their school at the time, due to over crowding issues and social classes at the time. At least, this is how my civic teacher (Mrs Cobb) explained it. So the Aluminum Company bought West Maryville and called it ALCOA. The AL in Aluminum, the CO in company, and the A in America is how we got our name. AND so, this is how the rivalry got started so long ago. With the kids at Alcoa feeling like they weren't good enough to go to Maryville. I can name a couple of poster's that still feel this way but I will refrain.

Now the history lessons over and time for some football. Get ready for a dose left and right! :ph34r:

FBE your hate for Alcoa has shown thru so often, its pretty pathetic. Everyone knows where Maryville beats Alcoa. Its in the trenches and the 4th quarter. Also you name me ONE time were I have cited Maryville for not having any athletes or talent. Where has any Alcoa fan said that? Maybe somebody has but I haven't seen it. You like to try and put words into our mouths. Also point out where any Alcoa fan has even made a prediction of this game. So you get your little snot rag and wipe your eyes and quite your cryin. Also bring that rag to the game. :angry:

I can't site where you said that Maryville did not have any athletes or talent, I believe you are too smart for that. My sarcastic remark was about the many Alcoa fans and fans from other schools as well that float the thought that GQ is the only reason the Rebels have been about the best in state since 98'. It gets old hearing the Winn ingest team in the state got all of those wins and gold balls just because of a coach. GQ is super and I think one of the best ever, but the kids execute and do the hard work. That is why they beat teams in the 4th qtr and in the trench.

Yep, sounds like FBMoron is already whinning and making excuses! :angry:

I love the "wait til next year" you threw in there! Kind'a sounds like the stuff you gave Alcoa a hard time over.........classic :angry:

We shall see next week. Good luck to both teams. The onething Iwill say is that when MARYVILLE wins it is " well they should have, they are in a higher classification , blah blah. When Alcoa wins it is compared to winning a world championship. Another thing to is , Alcoa really does not have any competion in their classification, they run through them like wet paper. Not taking anything away from AHS just stating a fact. Let the game begin.

Greyrider, if Maryville is the best team in 4a the last few years then yes they SHOULD beat the best team in 2a. That only makes sense. As for Alcoa not playing any competition, I say we have been that much better than everyone else. Just like the Rebels have. Have the Rebels not walked through all of their opponents on the east side of the bracket? We can use the same reasoning with the Rebels but its always a Maryville fan stating that Alcoa doesn't play anyone. Some of you can't stand to see us get any credit for anything. This show's me how arrogant you and a few other Maryville fans r. Also Bell County is a good football team and we shredded them last night but I guess we really didn't play anyone. RIGHT!

Greyrider, if Maryville is the best team in 4a the last few years then yes they SHOULD beat the best team in 2a. That only makes sense. As for Alcoa not playing any competition, I say we have been that much better than everyone else. Just like the Rebels have. Have the Rebels not walked through all of their opponents on the east side of the bracket? We can use the same reasoning with the Rebels but its always a Maryville fan stating that Alcoa doesn't play anyone. Some of you can't stand to see us get any credit for anything. This show's me how arrogant you and a few other Maryville fans r. Also Bell County is a good football team and we shredded them last night but I guess we really didn't play anyone. RIGHT!

And what did I say..."not taking anything away from AHS." There was no slight intended and I believed that I qualified my statement , but apparently not. You can call me whatever you want , it really does not matter. I am not originally from Blount Co. so I do not have the connections to some of you other fans that other MHS fans do. To be perfectly honest I really do not care if AHS , WBHS or HHS win or lose a game. I believe MARYVILLE has walked through most teams on both sides of the bracket and we have won some games we shouldn't have on paper including some AHS - MHS games. Get the chip off your shoulder , no one is taking any credit away from ya'll. I do not even think anyone has mentioned BELL CO on here. :unsure: GO and GET your #6.

And what did I say..."not taking anything away from AHS." There was no slight intended and I believed that I qualified my statement , but apparently not. You can call me whatever you want , it really does not matter. I am not originally from Blount Co. so I do not have the connections to some of you other fans that other MHS fans do. To be perfectly honest I really do not care if AHS , WBHS or HHS win or lose a game. I believe MARYVILLE has walked through most teams on both sides of the bracket and we have won some games we shouldn't have on paper including some AHS - MHS games. Get the chip off your shoulder , no one is taking any credit away from ya'll. I do not even think anyone has mentioned BELL CO on here. :thumb: GO and GET your #6.

Relax Grey....this one is not to bright. It was clearly explained last week but......when your team is made up with 40% out of zone players it really doesn't matter how large or small you school is.

GREYRIDER several of the Maryville posters including yourself talk about how Alcoa doesn't play anyone in 2a. That's pretty much disrespecting any good team we have played. CAK has been a good team the last 3 years. Heck two years ago they were the 2nd best team in 2a that year. Loudon was pretty darn good 3 years ago. Tyner was also another good 2a team that we faced 4 years ago. Last year I thought Marion County was awful good football team along with Milan. Do you think these teams appreciate you or FBEmeritus talk about how we don't play anyone? How does that sound to these team? Also my point for Bell County is we beat them as bad as we beat Marion, CAK, and Milan. That was my point...

MLREB, here you go again with the 40% rule. I thought it was 30 to 40%. So which is it??? With 90 players on the team that would put around 36 players not from Alcoa on the team. These #'s are fabricated by you. You have no proof of these percentages. You want to say you know because you taught there. Well heck that was in the early 80's. So what makes you an expert in 2009?? HAHAHA!! Like I have stated in an earlier post Alcoa has 3 players that start that did not go to Alcoa Middle School. I believe if you went around the state, that there would be alot of school with that same scenario. Including the mighty red rebels. Friday is getting closer and the rebels seem to be making excuses themselves. :thumb:

And what did I say..."not taking anything away from AHS." There was no slight intended and I believed that I qualified my statement , but apparently not. You can call me whatever you want , it really does not matter. I am not originally from Blount Co. so I do not have the connections to some of you other fans that other MHS fans do. To be perfectly honest I really do not care if AHS , WBHS or HHS win or lose a game. I believe MARYVILLE has walked through most teams on both sides of the bracket and we have won some games we shouldn't have on paper including some AHS - MHS games. Get the chip off your shoulder , no one is taking any credit away from ya'll. I do not even think anyone has mentioned BELL CO on here. :thumb: GO and GET your #6.

Hold on there Greyrider, here you go again with the "WE" stuff .. You have no connection to Maryville except the Bandwagon. Let's keep this real.