Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

Here is another lil tidbit.

The siren is still there. There is a button in the pressbox right next to the visiting coaches that is not marked. And every now and then an unsuspecting coach will either lean against, or better yet, push the button just to see what happens. That sends the box crew into a scramble to get it cut off as soon as possible. For some reason it always seems to happen at ridiculous times during the game. :ugeek:

OH..........now that I know where it is................it on like donkey kong! :ugeek:

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex,

Who was it that once said, "There is a thin line between madness and sanity" ?

YOU ... do not worry about it GM, I exist solely for the line in between. :ugeek: Or does it bother you that much? Who was it that once said ... for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. :ugeek:

Ex,

Who was it that once said, "There is a thin line between madness and sanity" ?

YOU ... do not worry about it GM, I exist solely for the line in between. :thumb: Or does it bother you that much? Who was it that once said ... for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. :twisted:

Ex,

Please do not misunderstand my friend. I treasure your posts ... they never "bother me". I'm simply attempting to scratch a little deeper below the surface of Exchequer. To get you to open up even more.

Budrock,

Impressive with that knowledge of Newton. You learn that at Weavers? :thumb:

Sorry, let the football talk continue.

Ewe boys are talkin' way ovur my head.....Wif laws ov moshun and all...Me and mommaSTARS duz like Fig Newtons tho.......And thay do sumtimes put momma in moshun........ :thumb:

well, if'n momma evur gits tha honeypot stopped up on fig a newtons......holler at `ol MLREB He can a stur it a bit. :twisted:

Me.....stir at pot? Surly you jest.

Maryville vs Alcoa analysis and score prediction.....

Game analysis. Let's take a position by position, or portion by portion break down of this game my good friends. Beginning with the ...

Quarterback position...

Maryville returns a veteran QB that is very versatile while Alcoa has new blood under center. It appears that their passing game may be a bit challenged depending on the chosen QB Leadership may be an issue as well and will take a few games to gel. With this game being so early in the season the edge goes to Maryville.

Running Backs - Alcoa returns tried and seasoned backs that are quick and fast, and throw in tough runners between the tackles as well. Maryville will be starting a talented sophomore and a hard running senior. Alcoa will be deep at this position and rest should be plentiful with shared runs in the backfield. The edge by a lot - Alcoa

Offensive Line - Alcoa's line is big and strong with the top linemen in the state (Robinson) and several returning staters lead by Junior Derek Evans. Maryville will closely match Alcoa's size but possibly not the experience. This one was close but the slight edge goes to ......Alcoa

Wide Receivers - Alcoa took a hit with graduating Sam Thompson but there is wealth and depth in this position. Finding a QB to get the ball to them will be the challenge. Maryville's loss of Chris Jordan is critical but with an experienced QB returning the passing game will remain an important part of the Maryville offense. This one was tough but with Alcoa's depth and speed the edge goes to ......Alcoa

Kicking Game - Alcoa has struggled off and on through the years trying to sustain a consistent kicking game but of recent with Mr Guzzo (sp) and Thompson at the helm it was much better. I believe both have graduated (sure Thompson has) and if so it will be an unknown. Maryville returns potential All American kicker Zack Sharp with field goals, extra points and kick-offs and for good measure a Colquit at punter....yes kin to the Colquit gang. This one was easy with a big edge going to .......Maryville

Now let's talk defense...

This will be Maryville's weakness, especially early in the year as they attempt to fill many positions from last years stellar class.

Defensive line - Maryville's strength on defense will most likely be on the D-line with returning starter Dane McCoy and several athletic kids with good size. Alcoa will match up better this year than most with experience and depth lining up across the Maryville offense. ...the edge, though slight.....Maryville

Linebackers - Alcoa will have speed and experience at linebacker and are well coached and maintain discipline. Maryville will rely on three new starters with one being a sophomore. This one was easy, particularly so early in the year. The edge...by a long way.....Alcoa

Defensive Backs - No question that the Alcoa athleticism will shine at DB. Maryville brings back experience but can not match up with the athleticism of the Alcoa receivers. The Maryville secondary will also be challenged to tackle the fullback, Tyson, and the strong running tailbacks that Alcoa will throw at them. If Alcoa's passing game is not up to snuff then their job will be easier but somebody must shadow Robinson. The edge...and by a long way.....Alcoa

Intangibles -

Game site - Alcoa...

Experience....Alcoa

Crowd - Push - Maryville fans will most likely out number the Alcoa crowd

Coaching - Maryville. This game features two of the top coaches and staffs in the state but if this game is close in the forth quarter the advantage goes to Maryville.

My score prediction...on paper this is potentially a blow out by Alcoa but it is a traditional game that rivals any rivalry in the state. The crowd will be large and the electricity will flow. Turnovers will most likely play a part and if Alcoa has issues with ball handling expect Maryville to take advantage. Maryville will be starting as many as 6 sophomores, and that gererally is not good. Alcoa has an incredible amount of fire power again this year but I expect Rankin and company to line up in the I and make Maryville stop them. GQ will be up to his old tricks and will make Alcoa defend the whole field. This should be a great game to watch but in my opinion the Maryville defense will have a tough time keeping the tornadoes out of the end zone. If it comes down to the kicking game then Alcoa will be in trouble. My score prediction.....

Maryville 96....Alcoa 0 ok...lk

My real score prediction is...

Alcoa 27 Maryville 17

Maryville vs Alcoa analysis and score prediction.....

Game analysis. Let's take a position by position, or portion by portion break down of this game my good friends. Beginning with the ...

Quarterback position...

Maryville returns a veteran QB that is very versatile while Alcoa has new blood under center. It appears that their passing game may be a bit challenged depending on the chosen QB Leadership may be an issue as well and will take a few games to gel. With this game being so early in the season the edge goes to Maryville.

Running Backs - Alcoa returns tried and seasoned backs that are quick and fast, and throw in tough runners between the tackles as well. Maryville will be starting a talented sophomore and a hard running senior. Alcoa will be deep at this position and rest should be plentiful with shared runs in the backfield. The edge but a lot - Alcoa

Offensive Line - Alcoa's line is big and strong with the top linemen in the state (Robinson) and several returning staters lead by Junior Derek Evans. Maryville will closely match Alcoa's size but possibly not the experience. This one was close but the slight edge goes to ......Alcoa

Wide Receivers - Alcoa took a hit with graduating Sam Thompson but there is wealth and depth in this position. Finding a QB to get the ball to them will be the challenge. Maryville's loss of Chris Jordan is critical but with an experienced QB returning the passing game will remain an important part of the Maryville offense. This one was tough but with Alcoa's depth and speed the edge goes to ......Alcoa

Kicking Game - Alcoa has struggled off and on through the years trying to sustain a consistent kicking game but of recent with Mr Guzzo (sp) and Thompson at the helm it was much better. I believe both have graduated (sure Thompson has) and if so it will be an unknown. Maryville returns potential All American kicker Zack Sharp with field goals, extra points and kick-offs and for good measure a Colquit at punter....yes kin to the Colquit gang. This one was easy with a big edge going to .......Maryville

Now let's talk defense...

This will be Maryville's weakness, especially early in the year as they attempt to fill many positions from last years stellar class.

Defensive line - Maryville's strength on defense will most likely be on the D-line with returning starter Dane McCoy and several athletic kids with good size. Alcoa will match up better this year than most with experience and depth lining up across the Maryville offense. ...the edge, though slight.....Maryville

Linebackers - Alcoa will have speed and experience at linebacker and are well coached and maintain discipline. Maryville will rely on three new starters with one being a sophomore. This one was easy, particularly so early in the year. The edge...by a long way.....Alcoa

Defensive Backs - No question that the Alcoa athleticism will shine at DB. Maryville brings back experience but can not match up with the athleticism of the Alcoa receivers. The Maryville secondary will also be challenged to tackle the fullback, Tyson, and the strong running tailbacks that Alcoa will throw at them. If Alcoa's passing game is not up to snuff then their job will be easier but somebody must shadow Robinson. The edge...and by a long way.....Alcoa

Intangibles -

Game site - Alcoa...

Experience....Alcoa

Crowd - Push - Maryville fans will most likely out number the Alcoa crowd

Coaching - Maryville. This game features two of the top coaches and staffs in the state but if this game is close in the forth quarter the advantage goes to Maryville.

My score prediction...on paper this is potentially a blow out by Alcoa but it is a traditional game that rivals any rivalry in the state. The crowd will be large and the electricity will flow. Turnovers will most likely play a part and if Alcoa has issues with ball handling expect Maryville to take advantage. Maryville will be starting as many as 6 sophomores, and that gererally is not good. Alcoa has an incredible amount of fire power again this year but I expect Rankin and company to line up in the I and make Maryville stop them. GQ will be up to his old tricks and will make Alcoa defend the whole field. This should be a great game to watch but in my opinion the Maryville defense will have a tough time keeping the tornadoes out of the end zone. If it comes down to the kicking game then Alcoa will be in trouble. My score prediction.....

Maryville 96....Alcoa 0 ok...lk

My real score prediction is...

Alcoa 27 Maryville 17

Great breakdown. I agree 100% except I don't honestly see the Alcoa defensive LB's and DB's being "a long way better". The Maryville kicking game is light years ahead this year. I love to have Brodus back... :twisted: I'd also like to see the Alcoa passing game be a little better.

Let me answer tham qwestuns.......Bee Cee aftur a sleeve er too uv Newtons....Know stirring ov tha pot is reqwired....... :hungry:

Good brake down MLREB except eye thank Alcouh iz better evurwhur and haz been enstalled az a urly 57.5 point favritt bye STARS & Nuchulls Bingo Caseeno..... :thumb:

Sounds good on tha groceries.....BOH...Dubbs....er TC's Grill.....would werk!!!!!... :motorbike: