Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville-tn.gifalcoa-tn.gif

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND

Appologies guys. I let Bladerunner sucker me in and do what he is fixated on doing ... disrupting Maryville threads. Back to the topic ...

Don't you kind of think the pregame hype has been reminiscent of the pregame stuff the year that Lindsey, Warren, etc. were seniors? Alcoa obviously had more talent. They finally had depth. The game was on their home field. They were gonna beat the Rebels ... you'all remember all the talk.

Seems like the same situation this year. Do you Alcoa fans believe this team will be better prepared mentally to deal with all the hype?

For one, I don't understand why you have anything to say on this topic? WB is to scared to even play

Alcoa. Yes, I was one that believed the hype that year BUT we where without the best player in the state. I also believe that would have been a totally different game with him but that game is in the past now. The only thing that matters now is the 09 season. One thing is for sure, we will definitely be playing in December. What about WB??? :D

Maryville will end up near the TOP in 6A and Alcoa will do well in their class

I will bet you my confederate flag that Maryville will go all the way to the state in 6 A this year. Save this post gentlemen.. I called it.

Not too sure about Alcoa..

:D One thing is for sure Oak Ridge won't even make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. :D

Appologies guys. I let Bladerunner sucker me in and do what he is fixated on doing ... disrupting Maryville threads. Back to the topic ...

Don't you kind of think the pregame hype has been reminiscent of the pregame stuff the year that Lindsey, Warren, etc. were seniors? Alcoa obviously had more talent. They finally had depth. The game was on their home field. They were gonna beat the Rebels ... you'all remember all the talk.

Seems like the same situation this year. Do you Alcoa fans believe this team will be better prepared mentally to deal with all the hype?

For one, I don't understand why you have anything to say on this topic? WB is to scared to even play

Alcoa. Yes, I was one that believed the hype that year BUT we where without the best player in the state. I also believe that would have been a totally different game with him but that game is in the past now. The only thing that matters now is the 09 season. One thing is for sure, we will definitely be playing in December. What about WB??? :D

Football is the ultimate team sport. And I think the score was like 42-6 when GQ called off the dogs. Do you REALLY think one player, however good he is would have made that a different game? Just curious, because most would say, NO.

Maryville will end up near the TOP in 6A and Alcoa will do well in their class

I will bet you my confederate flag that Maryville will go all the way to the state in 6 A this year. Save this post gentlemen.. I called it.

Not too sure about Alcoa..

:D One thing is for sure Oak Ridge won't even make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. :D

I can't argue there, But then again losing is new to me. I am not a Vol fan. People keep telling me how good Pearl is, is that what you think? I really have not seen anything yet. . Also you may want to get someone who can read to help your football coach with The SEC rule book.

Volfan5,

I meant no disrepect by my question. Sorry you evidently took offense to it. I guess only God really knows who'll be playing in December, but no doubt the chances are far greater for the Tornadoes than they are the Governors. I hope both teams--and Maryville and Heritage--have successful seasons.

Football is the ultimate team sport. And I think the score was like 42-6 when GQ called off the dogs. Do you REALLY think one player, however good he is would have made that a different game? Just curious, because most would say, NO.

You are right most would say no but Maryville killed us with cut back runs all night in that game. Tallent and Baker would run right at Sykes and then cut back to the middle where there was huge holes all night. If Brandon would have played when they cut back he would have been there. I also want to give Maryville a lot of credit that night we just got out played. We also got so out coached it wasn't even funny. Brandon definitely is the best DE I have ever seen in high school. John Wilkerson did the Fulton, Alcoa game the same year and said that was the most dominating performance he had ever seen by a defensive player. That's pretty strong words. Just curious mhs but do you think the Colts would make the playoffs without Peyton Manning? Let's give you a better analogy. Do you think Maryville would have beat WB without Aaron Douglas in 07? What about Alcoa in 06 without Douglas? So yes, one player can make a difference and also make a team have a different mentality. Just curious, how many games did you see Brandon play in??

mhs the only thing that matters now is this years game. Maryville will be coming to the hill and Alcoa will be ready know doubt. lol and hope your there.

Well, here we are again. I for one don't think BW would have made much difference that game. The previous year, when he was expected to make a difference his Jr. Year, he was a no show when needed. Got ran all over by a fired up rebel o-line. Maybe a great player in HS, but being the best in the state is a stretch and something that can not be easily determined. During those years I would have settled on Dwight Wood or Drew Gallen (sp) over a BW. Better team players in condition. The only real fact was when his team needed him he was not able to step up to the plate. I wish him well at UT, he and team will need it this year and I’ll be cheering for him and them. He did well at FSU.

I think Alcoa should be more ready than ever simply because of the head coach. If Alcoa can keep their heads then they should be able to play with the Rebels and maybe win. I am really tired of hearing this "better talent" argument. Seldom at the HS level does this make a difference? For years the Rebels have had to read and hear this crap until the horn blows and the score board says different.

Go ahead and count these young Rebels out, THE PROGRAM eats that kind of hype for breakfast.

One would think some of the Alcoa faithful would be full of crow by now.

:D