Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Maryville will be to deep once again for Alcoa. Every year they hang around but get man handled in the 4th qtr. I hate to say it but, "Maryville by 10".

This has been the case the last few years scoot91 but I do believe that this Alcoa team will have alot more depth compared to our previous teams. This game has been more mental for Alcoa than anything. Having said that I will take Alcoa + 10 to the bank. dry.gif

I think Maryville will be to deep once again for Alcoa. Every year they hang around but get man handled in the 4th qtr. I hate to say it but, "Maryville by 10".

This has been the case the last few years scoot91 but I do believe that this Alcoa team will have alot more depth compared to our previous teams. This game has been more mental for Alcoa than anything. Having said that I will take Alcoa + 10 to the bank. dry.gif

I hope your right, I pull for Alcoa in that game every year.

Alcoa had "a lot" more depth last year but didn't use it. Their sidelines were full of players that saw little of the field while TR played on both sides of the ball as did James.....and were done mid way of the third.

Alcoa had "a lot" more depth last year but didn't use it. Their sidelines were full of players that saw little of the field while TR played on both sides of the ball as did James.....and were done mid way of the third.

I think the depth was pretty equal, but your right about key players like T-Rob, Chase James, Sam Thompson and others playing both sides of the ball. On top of that it did not help that T-Rob was "sicker-than-a-dog".

The key to Maryville's last season win.........IMO, came down to Philip Juhlin's ability to "tebow" (scramble for short yardage)and Justin Smith's speed to turn alcoa's run game back to the middle of the field. Juhlin played a great game against Alcoa. I know He had a tough time in the championship game with Chris Jordan injured. But had Jordan been 100%.........I think the streak would still be rolling.

This year......I like the Alcoa offense matchup against Maryville's defense much better. :thumb:

. I know He had a tough time in the championship game with Chris Jordan injured. But had Jordan been 100%.........I think the streak would still be rolling.

That is absolutely correct BC, A large portion of Maryville's offense went through Chris Jordan last year. If Jordan plays that full game Maryville beats Hillsboro. Hillsboro scored only 10 points in the championship game. But you know that old saying....if a Bull frog had wings it wouldn't bust it's butt every time it jumps.

Personally....I give the fault for the Alcoa defeat at the hands of Maryville last year to the coaches. They had the personnel to rest key players such as Robinson and James and they didn't.