Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

Just curious, which team do you support or follow or whatever you want to call it?

7 year CAK fan, 30+ year Oak Ridge fan. As a fan of both, I just can't resist when I see an Alcoa or a Maryville thread. Both have a tremendous tradition and great programs. I will say that I'm glad to get a chance to see the Maryville / Oak Ridge rivalry come to actual games now (although OR may take a year or two to rebuild, we'll see.)

I'm even more excited to see if Maryville is as dominant in the largest classification as they were in the old 4A.

As far as the Alcoa / Maryville game, the last couple of years I have gotten to see some 7 on 7 or scrimmage action of Alcoa and Maryville and I felt like Alcoa could pull the upset. (That's why I haven't quit my day job. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) I'll have a better feel after watching some preseason, but I have to think Alcoa has the athletes this year to beat Maryville. But last year I thought Maryville looked very suspect in the preseason and Alcoa looked dominant in the preseason and Maryville still had enough to get past Alcoa. Go figure.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know who you are messing with!...............here is a picture of blaterunner! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I didn't think any of you guys had that picture of me. That was a long time ago. I've quit smoking since then!

After I win the golf tournament this week I will be back to claim my Empire!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Aint nuthin' like tha Empare Strikin' bak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes, yes, and yes!

And if APB is really in Charleston (and that's not just a sick ploy of some type) who will bring the BOH this year????

GVK.....just meet me at BOH for lunch before the game! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

GVK.....just meet me at BOH for lunch before the game! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Thats actually a pretty good idea. That would give me several hours to digest before the game to avoid heartburn. Maybe I can get Footballdad to come so he'll buy...Did I say that out loud??

Game is at CAK, so we could get some BackYard Burgers around 7:00 too! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I went to a 7 on 7 tonight and there were no concessions!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> What is the world coming to?

Are you still on dial-up?

I got off dial-up hours ago! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Thats actually a pretty good idea. That would give me several hours to digest before the game to avoid heartburn. Maybe I can get Footballdad to come so he'll buy...Did I say that out loud??

Game is at CAK, so we could get some BackYard Burgers around 7:00 too! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/quote]

Sounds good to me! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

WHAT??? The water tower is coming down???

Maryville water tank sold for $414......

I must have missed the listing on Ebay.

APB....Cents tha tair iz so close two tha hallered halls ov tha 'Wick.....Let's bid $415 and saiv hit....and put "Wellcomb Two Allen-Wick".......... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> .. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />