Lake Co @ Humboldt

Guest snakedriver

To beat a team like Humboldt, you have to have three things. In parentheses are the teams I think to possess these things

1) A great coach who can get his team ready with a good game plan (UC-Sisco, LC-Whitby, Middleton-Smalley)

2) Players and athletes that can play, (UC,LC) don't have to be as good or athletic as Humboldt, but you obviously can't take Big Sandy expect to win, got to have some talent

3) A little luck, have things go your way like officiating, off shooting night for them, lights out for you, that one of course no one knows.

With that being said, if Humboldt doesn't win the District, Region, and go to state, I will be shocked.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to be HUMBLE!!!!!!! That's why before the season is over noone will be pulling for Humboldt except the Humboldt people.

There are other teams that would be putting up the same numbers as Humboldt against the same schedule. That schedule would make any top team look like WORLD BEATERS. It's a big mistake to think Humboldt will do the same against the better teams. That's the exact reason Humboldt's schdeule could very well come back to haunt them. Every team needs to go through some adversity in order to build Mental Toughness for the the stretch run. I'm afraid if Humboldts backs are against the wall in a close game, a game where the officiating isn't going there way, or a game where the opponent is getting all the bounces, they could fall apart in crunch time.....I've seen it happen a million times, just as everyone else has. Only time will tell.

ive seen alot of crap to and it is reading legend and your post. fall a part that is not an option. i watched these boys every game and i believe in both the boys and the girls so lay off and support humboldt because i believe last year yall did not dog uc this bad i think yall just dont like the boldt.

ive seen alot of crap to and it is reading legend and your post. fall a part that is not an option. i watched these boys every game and i believe in both the boys and the girls so lay off and support humboldt because i believe last year yall did not dog uc this bad i think yall just dont like the boldt.

Trust me Bernithia people were much harder on UC. That is because some of them deserved it. For the most part Humboldt fans just seem to be confident about their team. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Of course if the 'boldt beats us Saturday night that is Lake county the noise may get louder. I look forward to a competitive game and may the best team win. Keep your heads on straight 'boldt fans I know you don't want to be compared to some UC fans. I DID say SOME UC fans. I am trying to paint a picture here without getting trapped in that proverbial corner... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

First off I was one of the first on here (before the season even started) to say Humboldt had the makings of a special team. This was before I ever saw or heard of "BERNITHA". I call it like I see it and unlike you I am not a HOMER. Anybody that looks at these thing honestly would tell you that the weak schedule could come back to haunt Humboldt......Mental Toughness is gained by going through adversity and tough games....What is to be gained by blowing everybody out...Like I said, there are several upper tier teams that would do the exact same thing Humboldt is doing if they were playing the same schedule. YOU GOT THAT HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!! or are you one of those people that only follows Humboldt and doesn't have a clue about the rest of the teams in West TN and the State...I suspect that's exacly what you are because you really don't make much sense from a basketball standpont...you just try to talk little smack and that's it. Guess What.....I can talk a little to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO PRAISE HUMBOLDT BEFORE THE SEASON EVER STARTED.....LOOK IT UP BEFORE I MAKE A FOOL OUT OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the Humboldt fans can see through the smack and understand about the schedule and have said as much!!!!!!! Why don't you get off that high horse and adress them the same way you do me?

Second, don't get on here and tell me to lay off and support Humboldt. I am not a HOMER like yourself and I don't live in Memphis either. I have nothing whatsoever against Humboldt or Manassas. The posters on here that support Humboldt far outnumber the ones supporting Manassas....that is an ABSOLUTE fact!!!!!! Humboldts out of district schedule is a JOKE and anybody with a brain would know that. That is not smack talk it's just a fact and if anybody brings it up people like you get sensitive and then a can of worms is opened and then everything starts. If you have anything to offer as far as basketball I would love to hear it. As a mater of fact if my memory serves me correctly one of your own fans called you out on this board for everybody to see not that long ago...Remeber that?

Thirdly, get your stuff straight. There was not a more vocal person on here last year against UC than myself. Look it up!!!!!!!! It really had nothing whatsoever to do with UC either , it was with some of the fans. I picked Manassas to beat UC last season and when it was over I gave UC props and said there kids were as respectfull as any team I saw at the Boro and they reperesented there community in a manner that anybody would be proud off....This after going back and forth the entire season with a handfull of the UC faithfull. It's fans like you that will make fans root against your team....MARK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!! Again,the Humboldt faithfull far outnumber the Manassas people on here. I really could care less what you have to say. As far as Legend goes, he is quite capable of standing up for himself and his views on here. The man knows alot but also talks a little samk to, just like alot of peopl on here do. What he says about the schedule is true....he may not say it in a manner that you like but nonetheless it's the truth. Having said that, there are some Humboldt people on here I have had some very good discussions with (you are not one of them). I would say this to those people...if this post offendes you I apologize and look forward to discussing the rest of the season.

I guess that's it for now (BERNITHIA)...unless you have something else to say. If so you can take it to the bank I will respond in kind!!!!!!!! HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fun. How many new Humboldt people are here now? The test will come from someone. I am not biased either way but I think the schedule will hurt Humboldt, and LC can play un-inspired at times. Don't be surprised When the district and regionals roll around to see someone get upset. All it takes is an injury, bad shooting night, or lazy defensive effort to get beat in hte wrong game. There is still allot of basketball to be played yet.

I've been posting on here ever since Humboldt played Giles County Substate 5 years ago...so I'm not new. I agree with EVERYONE on here that brings up the schedule. Humboldt has played these same teams such as GC, Milan, etc. for the past few years and I wish we could change that up a little. But...UC did have a good tough schedule a few years ago and they got upset by Humboldt in Region Semis...so yes the schedule can sometimes have something to do with that...but then it doesn't ALWAYS have to. We (as in everyone on here) have yet to see Humboldt get backed into a corner and have to make a comeback, but that does not mean that we are not capable of it. Also, this team has 5+ seniors who have played in tough games, so they know what it is like. It's nothing new to them.

First off I was one of the first on here (before the season even started) to say Humboldt had the makings of a special team. This was before I ever saw or heard of "BERNITHA". I call it like I see it and unlike you I am not a HOMER. Anybody that looks at these thing honestly would tell you that the weak schedule could come back to haunt Humboldt......Mental Toughness is gained by going through adversity and tough games....What is to be gained by blowing everybody out...Like I said, there are several upper tier teams that would do the exact same thing Humboldt is doing if they were playing the same schedule. YOU GOT THAT HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!! or are you one of those people that only follows Humboldt and doesn't have a clue about the rest of the teams in West TN and the State...I suspect that's exacly what you are because you really don't make much sense from a basketball standpont...you just try to talk little smack and that's it. Guess What.....I can talk a little to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN JUST IN CASE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND...I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO PRAISE HUMBOLDT BEFORE THE SEASON EVER STARTED.....LOOK IT UP BEFORE I MAKE A FOOL OUT OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of the Humboldt fans can see through the smack and understand about the schedule and have said as much!!!!!!! Why don't you get off that high horse and adress them the same way you do me?

Second, don't get on here and tell me to lay off and support Humboldt. I am not a HOMER like yourself and I don't live in Memphis either. I have nothing whatsoever against Humboldt or Manassas. The posters on here that support Humboldt far outnumber the ones supporting Manassas....that is an ABSOLUTE fact!!!!!! Humboldts out of district schedule is a JOKE and anybody with a brain would know that. That is not smack talk it's just a fact and if anybody brings it up people like you get sensitive and then a can of worms is opened and then everything starts. If you have anything to offer as far as basketball I would love to hear it. As a mater of fact if my memory serves me correctly one of your own fans called you out on this board for everybody to see not that long ago...Remeber that?

Thirdly, get your stuff straight. There was not a more vocal person on here last year against UC than myself. Look it up!!!!!!!! It really had nothing whatsoever to do with UC either , it was with some of the fans. I picked Manassas to beat UC last season and when it was over I gave UC props and said there kids were as respectfull as any team I saw at the Boro and they reperesented there community in a manner that anybody would be proud off....This after going back and forth the entire season with a handfull of the UC faithfull. It's fans like you that will make fans root against your team....MARK IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!! Again,the Humboldt faithfull far outnumber the Manassas people on here. I really could care less what you have to say. As far as Legend goes, he is quite capable of standing up for himself and his views on here. The man knows alot but also talks a little samk to, just like alot of peopl on here do. What he says about the schedule is true....he may not say it in a manner that you like but nonetheless it's the truth. Having said that, there are some Humboldt people on here I have had some very good discussions with (you are not one of them). I would say this to those people...if this post offendes you I apologize and look forward to discussing the rest of the season.

I guess that's it for now (BERNITHIA)...unless you have something else to say. If so you can take it to the bank I will respond in kind!!!!!!!! HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh Yankee you are using a sawed off shotgun when a sling shot would have been sufficient. It is obvious she is not as basketball savvy as you are. I ain't either for that matter. Don't you think that reply was just a little bit of overkill. I would have thrown in the towel for her before that first "homer". I get the feeling that even after the towel was in you would have choked her to death before she could tap out.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

She may not know much about basketball but she knows hard work and heart

These kids from Humboldt have all of that

I got my girls back so dont dis her on a message board unless your gonna back it up elsewhere

She never offended you personally so dont take it there

As for the schedule, These kids have played tough games all their lives(AAU, previous High School games)

They are tested and will prevail in the end and throughout until the end

I say this pretty confidentally

Everybody just needs to chill....come on now it's CHRISTMAS!!! lol

Now personally I would like to see HBT play a tough 3A team & or a good out-of-state turny!

But hey it's to late to worry about that now..I think this team is very special! and come March they will be

READY MARK MY WORDS!!! and if you think not??? your crazy. I think this team has good senior leadership! and they are extremely focused! unlike years past! and those couple of things can make up for a weaker schedule!

But lets talk about what this thread is made for LC @ HBT!!!!! this will be a great game and HBT will be ready for them falcons!I think LC might hang around for the 1st half but come 2nd half i dont think they can hang! HBT has too much heighth and talent! HBT by 10!!

yankee...

i'm not saying this because i'm a "homer"

but one could think you might had been taking a shot at Humboldt

although i don't believe you were

others did evidently and they only tried to defend their team

i wish we played a harder schedule

but we aren't really close to many good teams

such as manassas with a lot of good teams in the Memphis area

or Union City and Lake County who can drive 30 min to Kentucky and play a decent team

but thats the main reason we don't have a challenging schedule

HumboldtGuy said......

"i wish we played a harder schedule

but we aren't really close to many good teams

such as manassas with a lot of good teams in the Memphis area

or Union City and Lake County who can drive 30 min to Kentucky and play a decent team

but thats the main reason we don't have a challenging schedule"

Has the state of Tennessee moved Humboldt to far NE Tennessee????.......That's got to be the lamest excuse for not playing anyone I have EVER seen....

Do you REALLY believe that HumboldtGuy??....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Liberty

Bolivar

Dyer County

Jax NS

Haywood Co

Fayette Ware

Covington

Jax SS

Westview

Henry County

Obion Central

There are PLENTY of teams in West Tennessee within EASY driving distance of Humboldt...Maybe the coaching staff did reach out to some of those teams and they wouldn't play them, nobody but JW would really know about that for sure..I'm sure some of the tournament directors around here would have LOVED to have a team the caliber of Humboldt come and play in their tournaments...Even little ole Lake County goes up to Illinois and plays four games in that tournament..Marion is not close to Tiptonville....Playing hard teams doesn't guarantee state championships but it does create situations a team will face if and when the time comes to play in Murfreesboro and it does put your team up against some good quality opponents that you can compare yourself to and kind of see where you need to be come March....

But that "excuse" is really one to make you shake your head and say..."HUH" /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You know I find it really touching that so many people are concerned about the schedule that Humboldt plays. I'm sure that these concerned fans just want to see Humboldt be at their best come tournament time or whenever their respective teams have to play them. GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK. Humboldt fans I think that for the most part they talk about this is get under your skin. Do you really think that most of them are genuinely concerned about your team's success. Lack of success maybe.That is what I am concerned about, your lack of success, when you play us. Do you believe that your opponents or sitting around and genuinely fretting about your lack of a strong schedule and how it will affect your success as a team when you face a strong opponent. Now, I could see 'boldt fans having those concerns because they want their team to be successful. I for one(and I don't think I am alone) am not interested in trying to give suggestions to Humboldt on how to beat our brains out. That would be counterproductive to my team's success. I wouldn't give that "this is what you should be doing Humboldt" coming from anyone other than a Humboldt fan a serious response. Be wary of advice from opponents bearing gifts that will make your team better. Button pushers are alive and well on coacht. I am not saying that they are not right. I am just saying that their motives are to say the least.....suspect.