Stanton Stevens resigns Today from Oak Ridge

tornadofever1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hear this on the radio about 10 minutes. Why did he wait until now to do this? This seems a little odd to me. I mean the man gets the schedule fixed for next year, then resigns or gets fired? Somethin' fishy going on here.

Nothing fishy at all. This neatly coincides with the AD's report on the state of the football program which landed on the principal's desk last week. I like too that the new hire will be done primarily by the AD. It is important that the administration let the AD do his job and not unduly interfere. I just hope that the hire is a good one.

First he denies he is resigning and then does just that, resigns. The Oak Ridger Editor chastized former Coach Stevens for misleading the public.

This era is closed, it is time to put this behind the program and move towards a new future for Oak Ridge Football. Best wishes for it being all the best it can be! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The timing is very surprising considering Oak Ridge is right in the middle of recruiting season. Hey Hitch......what's this going to do to the kids committed to attend Oak Ridge to play football next year?

about time you stepped on the sideline isn't it? I figure if you cut in half all your calls you make to the sports talk programs you would have time....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I just hear this on the radio about 10 minutes. Why did he wait until now to do this? This seems a little odd to me. I mean the man gets the schedule fixed for next year, then resigns or gets fired? Somethin' fishy going on here.

Yeah, whats fishy is that Stevens didnt do anything to get the schedule for next year even though he was willing to take credit for getting the game scheduled with Maryville. In reality it was AD Mike Mullins that did the scheduling.