New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Meadows has been contacted. This may have already been discussed, but I couldn't find it.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20081...PORTS/312289977

Meadows would have been a great choice very good program builder never stays long enough to stand the test of time but can definitely build a winner. Must be good to have an A.D. that is proactive in trying to find the best fit. Heard he had contacted Coach Rankin and Coach Quarles also. What about Coach Gaddis another great builder, but one that will stay and win long term ? Surely the A.D. has been in contact with him. As a Central Bobcat I certainly remember the epic battles we had with you guys through out the years especially in the 1990's during Coach Gaddis's tenure.I also seem to remember he was the first chioce during the last search for a coach so I assume that he would have been one of the first to be called surely. Looking forward to playing you guys again. Good luck in your search. Central Bobcat

OK, I am going to go off topic for just a moment, Ronnie Carter, the head of TSSAA has announced he is retiring in June. Wonder who is going to head up the group that controls all of the sports now?

Now back on topic, Whoever they name, my only thought is that they need to get it over with. Time is wasting and this issue should be resolved so the program will not be in turmoil. Time to get back on track and move things forward instead of sitting still. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

If Gaddis does not apply, he will not be contacted. If he does apply, he will not be the choice of the committee. Of course, politics makes strange bedfellows. It will be a mystery untill the coach is announced.

I hear you loud and clear. I realize it is a uphill battle, but he would turn things around quick. OR and politics = same ole same! If I only had a crystal ball about 7-8 years ago I could care less who they hired. After being here and seeing my kids go through the school system and playing golf at ORCC I can see the mentality in OR! Nothing would surprise me anymore! GL to whoever they decide on! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gaddis would be a great choice! I hope they do contact him.

Tnbreakers, I can't imagine a valid reason for calling the coaches that have been called and not calling Coach Gaddis. He may not be interested and who could blame him after the way he was treated last time around but after all he did for you guys not only does he deserve a call the tradition of the program demands it. I hope for your sakes someone will finally put the Kids and the tradition ahead of their own agenda. The names I've seen and heard about that have applied or have a supposed inside track on the job should never be given an interview until Coach Gaddis is called. I don't claim to know the insides and outs of you program but I work with several good folks from O.R. who are very concerned and even doubtful as to the ability of those making the selection to make an intelligent choice, and I have always respected and enjoyed your tradition especially as it applies to some of the great games we have faced each other in. Central Bobcat

Tnbreakers, I can't imagine a valid reason for calling the coaches that have been called and not calling Coach Gaddis. He may not be interested and who could blame him after the way he was treated last time around but after all he did for you guys not only does he deserve a call the tradition of the program demands it. I hope for your sakes someone will finally put the Kids and the tradition ahead of their own agenda. The names I've seen and heard about that have applied or have a supposed inside track on the job should never be given an interview until Coach Gaddis is called. I don't claim to know the insides and outs of you program but I work with several good folks from O.R. who are very concerned and even doubtful as to the ability of those making the selection to make an intelligent choice, and I have always respected and enjoyed your tradition especially as it applies to some of the great games we have faced each other in. Central Bobcat

You would think so.

Don't know how to make it any clearer. They are not going to call coaches that have not applied this time. Last time that may have occurred because the committee was made up of members that were outside of the school system and someone called Gaddis. It doesnt't really matter how concerned the good folks from OR are about the ability of those making the decision. This is not an opinion, just the way it is working this time. If Gaddis is really concerned and wants the job, he should apply, otherwise he will not be considered.

Guest Advisor

Don't know how to make it any clearer. They are not going to call coaches that have not applied this time. Last time that may have occurred because the committee was made up of members that were outside of the school system and someone called Gaddis. It doesnt't really matter how concerned the good folks from OR are about the ability of those making the decision. This is not an opinion, just the way it is working this time. If Gaddis is really concerned and wants the job, he should apply, otherwise he will not be considered.

Breaking News from Paris, TN!!...........Joe Gaddis is not going to Oak Ridge. He is the head coach at Henry County High!