New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

Thanks Dad since the 20th of Dec I've only been home about a total of three weeks and one of those I had the flu. Took the flu shot but must have been the wrong one. I don't know though... the big Bounder might make it but I don't think the little bounder (me) could. Enjoy and eat a big ole slab for Lost Old Dad... Bless his heart loves ribs but I don't think he can cook em himself. I'm going to the Elk's till half time, my friend Jack from Lynchburg will probably make me go home then. Actually it's the wife, she isn't going and since I will have to drive... twos the limit. Besides I have one of them big screens over to the house. And Jack has been known to be found at my house now and again.

I CAN cook them.......eating them is the HARD part though. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wife keeps mentioning something about burnt offering and laughing though.

Does NOT help that SHE keeps turning on the 'Food' channel and it seems every time she does there are RIBS on there. I have had ribs up north and they do NOT know how to cook them and they are NOT yummy. Hard enough that they do not cook green beans. Theirs are snappy/crunchy and haven't seem the first piece of fat back!

Now I got to start my boiled peanuts for the game tomorrow!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And always remember it's never to early to start hating that bunch over to Farragut. Or Clinton either, ever if they do have "cute Andy"

What? Not to early? I hate the Bluebellies and Dragqueens 24-7, 365! Shoot, I eat, sleep, and poop hatred of every school who lines up against us.

Gotta run!!! The men in white coats with my medicine are coming. Wake me up when we have a coach. My money is on Coach Probst, former Hoover honcho. He makes Coach Stevens look like a saint.

Wait a second, that dog who did Air Bud and all those other sports movies could come to OR and do Coach Bud!

Coach Bud! You heard it here first.....go t o g o me d i ci ne ma k i n g me s lee py... :snore:

Nothing New???...No new Coach???

Could it be that OR is to picky in hiring a coach or are there any quality coaches willing to come to OR. Either way I find the delay of finding a coach interesting. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

They've interviewed some quality coaches. I think they're just being thorough. I think last time they were a little quick to announce Gaddis as the new coach and when that wasn't acceptable, they quickly went to their 2nd choice which was Stevens. I think this time they really want to find the right guy.

The problem is that Bailey hasn't told Norris, Pruden, and Mullins who they will be hiring yet. Just like last time.

Ole Dad

Nothing New???...No new Coach???

Could it be that OR is to picky in hiring a coach or are there any quality coaches willing to come to OR. Either way I find the delay of finding a coach interesting. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Interesting thread full of guessing and half truths.

I agree except that stupid poster who named Coach Bud as the new coach was niether guessing or telling half truths. He is just plain gonzo! I should know for I am him and he is me and we are all together.

As you can tell, I am bored as we wait for the new coach to be named. HOWEVER, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM TAKING THE TIME TO GET A GOOD HIRE. Just think, how many guys wish the would have waited a little more before picking their first wife. ONLY KIDDING, I'M STILL VERY HAPPY WITH MY FIRST AND ONLY WIFE. Thank goodness she never reads CoachT.

Let us play a game...What if the new coach came in and wanted to change:

~~the uniforms?

~~the entrance down the steps?

~~the helmets?

What would you say about any or all of those changes? Keep in mind, the Oakland coach came in and changed the uniforms and helmets and won State in his first year.

For me...not many ways you could get to the field other than the steps. A case could be made to come down through the crowd. That would look cool. I really did not like the jersey style Coach Gaddis swithced to. I liked the old shoulder stripes better. Any coach who touches the helmet should be hunted down and hanged.

Any other opinions?

I agree with the steps, uniforms and helmets should not be tampered with. I would like to see the real helmet stickers back on the helmets. The previous staff quit buying the real stripes and started using colored electrical tape. These kids deserve better. There are more important things than these, of course, like working hard and winning games, but they are part of our tradition. A coach with any common sense won't come in try to change things that add to the tradition of OR football. I am glad they're being thorough with this process, but I wish they would get it done, so the program can move forward. It feels like we're just hanging in the breeze, while everybody else is preparing full bore ahead for next season.

I for one hope that the new coach DOES come in and change some things. I think a uniform change would be good and a new helmet decal. I think we need something that shows we're moving into a new period of Oak Ridge football. We don't need to be reminded of the last 4 years, we need a clean slate. New decals, new tape, new jerseys, new pants, etc. Lets get back to a time when playing football for OR was an honor instead of just something to do after school and on Friday nights. Take pride in everything about the program and don't just throw the jerseys into a big pile and say find your jersey.

Whoever the new coach is, I hope they demand they actually do a good job taking care of the field. The grass is way too high and because of that there are big potholes where the sprinkler heads are. I've rolled my ankle many times in them. I don't know who tends the field, but they're not doing it right.

And whoever the new coach is, I hope he works hard to support the middle schools. Jefferson's field is awful, a big dirt patch, and the weight room floods all the time because there is a big hole in the roof! I hope the new coach will help put pressure on maintenance to get both of these things fixed.

The steps are alot safer coming down than risking a player turning an ankle coming down the slope. Besides it builds both their legs and character.

I will admit though an escalator for the visitors would be nice for those that are silly enough to park on the high side! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good Luck on the Coach search. Y'all do deserve a good one again.