Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

Hmmmm, interesting order you got going here. DB in fifth - now that's funny I don't care who you are. Not much respect for the Indian nation. Volunteer ahead of Boone and Central?? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yea thats way messed up central should be in the top three they have good team this year and the team mates can play together

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea thats way messed up central should be in the top three they have good team this year and the team mates can play together

Central has a good team dont get me wrong, but they will fade once they start playin conference teams. This is the best the big 9 has ever looked talent wise, and the pitching is very good, their are atleast 10 guys in the conference that throw high 80's.

What is everyone's thoughts on the number of pitches thrown so far by the big boys in the first week? Krebbs has thrown two 8 inning games and lost both. Archer threw 138 pitches last week. Was told a few others broke 110+ last week but don't know for sure so I won't post it. I know Krebbs and Archer lost a lot of speed last year from the beginning of the year to the end last year and this could be the reason why. Other thoughts?

Central has a good team dont get me wrong, but they will fade once they start playin conference teams. This is the best the big 9 has ever looked talent wise, and the pitching is very good, their are atleast 10 guys in the conference that throw high 80's.

Big 9 is very good this year as a conference. "the best the big 9 has ever looker talent wise" That is a bit extreme. There are some quality players but I really dont think it is the best ever. Only time will tell.

Big 9 is very good this year as a conference. "the best the big 9 has ever looker talent wise" That is a bit extreme. There are some quality players but I really dont think it is the best ever. Only time will tell.

Where does Tennessee High play their baseball games? I don't recall seeing a baseball field at the high school. I thought I would go watch them and Science Hill play tonight.

Thanks!

Where does Tennessee High play their baseball games? I don't recall seeing a baseball field at the high school. I thought I would go watch them and Science Hill play tonight.

Thanks!

Well, I found the field! I was quite surprised in the way the game progressed. I had expected Science Hill to have strong pitching and a strong defense. I was not so sure about their hitting. I knew nothing about Tennessee High. Daniel Sharp pitched (third on the depth chart) for Science Hill, and Sharp was not sharp. He walked several hitters and hit several others. When he left in fifth, Tennessee High was leading 6-4.

In the sixth, Science Hill got runners on first and third when a tailor mades double play ball was hit to the shortstop (Payne). Payne got in a hurry and bobbled the ball and got no outs. SH scored a run. Later in the inning, with the bases loaded and no one out, a soft, little tap was hit back to pitcher. The pitcher missed the ball. SH scored another run. The next hitter struck out. With the bases loaded, McKinney hit a triple. When the inning was over, SH had scored 8 runs (SH 12, Tenn. High 6). If the players had just made the routine plays (these were not hard plays), Tennessee High would have been sitting in the dug out leading 6-5.

But Sciene Hill made it interesting. They brought in a sidewinder. (My son who plays with SH has not been impressed by these sidewinders. They don't throw that hard, they don't have any good breaking pitches, and they don't have good location.) The sidewinder walked three (walked in a run). SH ended the game winning 12-8 with the bases loaded.

Overall, it was a very poorly played game. Each team had about 4 errors. There were a ton of walks. Both Science Hill and Tenn. High were peppering outfield fences. So much for SH good pitching and SH good defense. McKinney was 3 for 4 (2 home runs and a triple) with 6 RBIs and Jim Ashburn hit a no doubter to centerfield. So much for those weak hitting toppers.

Yea they do but i dont think they will fade this year like they did last year their plays play together alot better this year.

Mckinney pitching against the tribe tonight??? DB is starting 2nd best pitcher Dylan Harvey, good win by the tribe last night against a very solid pigeon forge team, that has an awesome outfield. Poor Jamie Crawford was robbed all night, including a go ahead homerun in the bottom of the sixth that the left fielder brought back in. Easily one of the best defensive plays ive ever seen at J. Fred.

im not exactly sure, but i heard u add 3 mph on the scoreboard at J Fred , and he hit 91 and 92 a couple times when he needed a big strikeout. By far the best pitcher in the conference, and the major league scouts will come callin soon. Dylan Harvey was also excellent 2night for DB. Great game though, i can tell DB has def. improved since last season and the Crockett game was just a fluke.

im not exactly sure, but i heard u add 3 mph on the scoreboard at J Fred , and he hit 91 and 92 a couple times when he needed a big strikeout. By far the best pitcher in the conference, and the major league scouts will come callin soon. Dylan Harvey was also excellent 2night for DB. Great game though, i can tell DB has def. improved since last season and the Crockett game was just a fluke.

12-2 is not a fluke.