2009 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

Congratulations and good luck to Jake! He is one of many in that senior class that demonstrate what hard work, determination, and perseverance can do. It is a great example set for the classes that follow them. Dave I would like to say thank you for the advice and tutalige that you have given me coaching. From when we coached juniors at Vonore through when you coached at the high school you have never failed to point me in the right direction. The days that you and coach sauders let me hang out at practices and pick your brains for offensive line drills and skills were a great value to me and hopefully to the kids that I have been coaching the last couple of years. I really appreciate all of the help.

thanks man, GO CHIEFS!!!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to spring practice, and some good ole hard hitting. The QB and RB positions should be interesting lots of holes to fill here. Really hope some kids step up and give us something to get excited about.

SURE HAVE MISSED ALL YOU GUYS ON HERE

He missed me.

That is so special

Just curious how things were going.Been trying to get down and watch,just been working to much.Thats a good thing though.No one is saying anything.Still waiting on SLOBBER to make the predictions,he did say 09 would be the year.Hope the boys have really been in the weight room over the winter,it will make a difference.Good luck to the Chiefs this year.

Just curious how things were going.Been trying to get down and watch,just been working to much.Thats a good thing though.No one is saying anything.Still waiting on SLOBBER to make the predictions,he did say 09 would be the year.Hope the boys have really been in the weight room over the winter,it will make a difference.Good luck to the Chiefs this year.

I do not remember saying 09 would be the year, too many holes to fill. I am however hoping for a very good season, just have to wait and see.

I do not remember saying 09 would be the year, too many holes to fill. I am however hoping for a very good season, just have to wait and see.

What the Slobber is trying to say is,That with in all the lies, he does remember that he said

09 would be the year but he is just not sure it will come to pass. So he can live up

to his High Standards he has chose not to remember.

But he wants every one to think he is hopefull for some thing

I'm always here for ya Slobber

What the Slobber is trying to say is,That with in all the lies, he does remember that he said

09 would be the year but he is just not sure it will come to pass. So he can live up

to his High Standards he has chose not to remember.

But he wants every one to think he is hopefull for some thing

I'm always here for ya Slobber

Check my posts if you find it on there where I said 09 would be the year, I will gladly admit my mistake. Yes, my standards are very high and few including myself can live up to them. I am glad you are here for me cause with every tap of the keys you add to my legacy. Comes right back to my point you wer part of the problem.

We have a good number of kids out I think I counted 49 yesterday. That's pretty good considering the 8th graders aren't part of the mix yet. I'm sure we will loose a few but it looks like when fall rolls around we should have close to 60 players on the practice field. Clearly we have some big holes to fill. With the move of Steinhardt to the backfield our line has two returning starters. There is a golden opportunity for someone to step up and make an impact and take those jobs. We have some kids out this year that didn't play last year that could step in and help out this year if they work hard and learn. Our QB situation right now is by committee. Our #1 QB hasn't been cleared for contact yet so we have a JR and two SO working with the 1st team. The backfield is also by committee with 4 or 5 different TB and 2 FB. We are blessed with a good core of Receivers. Two Sr's and three Jr's look very good catching the ball.

Defensively we should be ok. We are solid at LB and the line looks ok, the secondary will be ok there is some work to do there but we should be fine. We head to Wartburg for a scrimmage today. I'm sure we will learn a lot after today's scrimmage.

We have a good number of kids out I think I counted 49 yesterday. That's pretty good considering the 8th graders aren't part of the mix yet. I'm sure we will loose a few but it looks like when fall rolls around we should have close to 60 players on the practice field. Clearly we have some big holes to fill. With the move of Steinhardt to the backfield our line has two returning starters. There is a golden opportunity for someone to step up and make an impact and take those jobs. We have some kids out this year that didn't play last year that could step in and help out this year if they work hard and learn. Our QB situation right now is by committee. Our #1 QB hasn't been cleared for contact yet so we have a JR and two SO working with the 1st team. The backfield is also by committee with 4 or 5 different TB and 2 FB. We are blessed with a good core of Receivers. Two Sr's and three Jr's look very good catching the ball.

Defensively we should be ok. We are solid at LB and the line looks ok, the secondary will be ok there is some work to do there but we should be fine. We head to Wartburg for a scrimmage today. I'm sure we will learn a lot after today's scrimmage.

Has anyone heard if Jethro is going to play or not? I think he would help out greatly at wide receiver. Go Chiefs!

49 players, wow you will have us outnumbered greatly tonight. Wartburg only has 17 or 18 out this spring. But from what I have heard the 18 they have is tough. I know they have had a few injuries & their baseball team is still playing so Im sure they have a few players there. Should be a good gage to see where both teams stand, have a safe drive down.