District 14A

mrbigster

I really dont know how South Fulton beat Union City.

Greenfield played very well last night and if they play like that tonight then it will be a good game with Lake County. Balanced scoring, good hustle from everyone, even the freshman & 8th graders played well. Sometimes when Greenfield plays one of the top teams they look intimidated and struggle getting started. I know against Bradford and someone else we didnt score in the first quarter. Once we realize that we can play with anybody regardless of who it is then we will be fine, with youth sometimes that happens.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know how South Fulton beat Union City.

Greenfield played very well last night and if they play like that tonight then it will be a good game with Lake County. Balanced scoring, good hustle from everyone, even the freshman & 8th graders played well. Sometimes when Greenfield plays one of the top teams they look intimidated and struggle getting started. I know against Bradford and someone else we didnt score in the first quarter. Once we realize that we can play with anybody regardless of who it is then we will be fine, with youth sometimes that happens.

Congrats on a good win! Cant make the LC Greenfield game tonite.....let me know what happens in the girls game! I hope for a well played game building into another big one 2morrow nite against Humboldt!

sbl

Congrats on a good win! Cant make the LC Greenfield game tonite.....let me know what happens in the girls game! I hope for a well played game building into another big one 2morrow nite against Humboldt playing at home.

sbl

I'd love to come and watch the LC/Humboldt game tomorrow night. If I can talk someone into coming with me then I'll look you up. I really think that Lake County will win both games against Humboldt.

Tonight will be interesting, if we dont let TT control the game and if we come out ready to play on the opening tip then I expect a good game. Or if we could get TT in foul trouble then I think it could be a different outcome this time.

Lake Co won against Greenfield last night..I believe the score was 41-36..Lake Co bolted out to a 12-2 lead in about the first 3 minutes of the first quarter and T.T. Flowers was going to the basket for a layup ..believe was called for a charge and I believe she may have rolled an ankle..She had to be picked up and carried from the court by Coach Johnson..She didn't play any more in the first half..I saw them taping her up at halftime and she was limping pretty bad during halftime ..T.T. didn't play in the 3rd quarter and Greenfield started making a run the in 4th quarter and I believe T.T. enter the game in the 4th quarter with about 4 minutes to go in the game..I guess to handle the ball even with a limp..May not have been a good decision..I probably would have just sat her out,but maybe after a night of rest,she'll be ok for Humboldt..If there was even a slight chance that she can't go..the Humboldt game isn't that big a game for the girls..Humboldt seems to have the #2 seed sewed up ,but still a chance for #1..Lake Co looks to have the #3 seed as long as they win 1 of the 3 remaining games..So other than wanting her to play against a very fast and athletic Humboldt team..not sure how effective she's going to be until game time !Could be a long night without her though because of the speed of Humboldt.!

Bigster,

It was nice to meet you last night. As Bigster mentioned it was 9-0 Lake County before Greenfield scored just like previous games against good teams. Greenfield finally settled down after TT went out. Greenfield played a pretty good game but shot only 3 for 21 on 3 pointers which killed us. Emily Randolph had a good game inside and Lake County couldnt stop her. Greenfield had several chances to take the lead in the last 2 minutes but settled for 3 point

shots. Lake County is a very good team but without TT Flowers they arent the same. Lake County could be the team to beat come tournament time if TT can get healthy. I wouldnt risk playing TT the rest of the regular season.

Bigster,

It was nice to meet you last night. As Bigster mentioned it was 9-0 Lake County before Greenfield scored just like previous games against good teams. Greenfield finally settled down after TT went out. Greenfield played a pretty good game but shot only 3-21 on 3 pointers which killed us. Emily Randolph had a good game inside and Lake County couldnt stop her. Greenfield had several chances to take the lead in the last 2 minutes but settled for 3 point

shots. Lake County is a very good team but without TT Flowers they arent the same. Lake County could go be the team to beat come tournament time.

Same formeeting you and Huffstetler,,I met Volfan the last time we played and got to talk to huffstedler at the half last night and all three of you for a while after the game...T.T. makes Lake Co go..both in beating teams presses and running our offense..Plus..her defense on the other teams better player shouldn't go unnoticed by Falcon fans..Fortunately for Lake Co..the Falcons haven't seen the real Jordan Gailey and Katie..Both those players are usually good at getting their points..Good luck to Greengield in the up coming tournaments..I hope our teams don't have to face each other in an elimanation game..Wouldn't ming playing if we both could continue to the region..I've met some fine people from Greenfield throughout the years from baseball..Am familiar with Jordan Gailey,Dalton Potts,Jake Lassiter and his whole family,the Brady and Crouse young men ....Hope to see you guys in the tournaments..!

Lake Co won against Greenfield last night..I believe the score was 41-36..Lake Co bolted out to a 12-2 lead in about the first 3 minutes of the first quarter and T.T. Flowers was going to the basket for a layup ..believe was called for a charge and I believe she may have rolled an ankle..She had to be picked up and carried from the court by Coach Johnson..She didn't play any more in the first half..I saw them taping her up at halftime and she was limping pretty bad during halftime ..T.T. didn't play in the 3rd quarter and Greenfield started making a run the in 4th quarter and I believe T.T. enter the game in the 4th quarter with about 4 minutes to go in the game..I guess to handle the ball even with a limp..May not have been a good decision..I probably would have just sat her out,but maybe after a night of rest,she'll be ok for Humboldt..If there was even a slight chance that she can't go..the Humboldt game isn't that big a game for the girls..Humboldt seems to have the #2 seed sewed up ,but still a chance for #1..Lake Co looks to have the #3 seed as long as they win 1 of the 3 remaining games..So other than wanting her to play against a very fast and athletic Humboldt team..not sure how effective she's going to be until game time !Could be a long night without her though because of the speed of Humboldt.!

I couldn't believe that Lake Co.'s coach would put T.T. back in the game. It didn't take 15 seconds to realize she needed to be sitting down. I could be wrong, but it looked to me like the Lake Co. coach will put a win in a meaningless game (Lake Co. would have to implode to not be the 3 seed) over the health of a player.

Now that I got that one off my chest, I can't for the life of me figure out what Greenfield was doing. With T.T. out of the game, it became clear that we could actually win this game. How in the world do you not give Emily the ball. There are only one or two girls in the district that can handle her on a regular basis. She is the 1st best scoring option on this team right now. She scored 13 points last night. She was 1-1 from the free throw line, and 6-8 from the field. One of those misses looked like it was a foul that wasn't called. Not complaining about the officials, just saying she played a great game. Yet somehow she gets lost in the game. This isn't the only time this kind of thing happens. It happens almost every single game. I have seen games where Emily will score 8-10 points in a row, and then won't get the ball with a chance to score for litteraly the next quarter. We were 3-21 from the 3 point line. 3-21!!!! We may have girls that are more athletic, but we don't have any that are more dominant than Emily. This isn't rocket science, it's basketball. We have to get her the ball to win most games. Bradford and i can't think of the other team are exceptions. I'm don't think Emily is quite ready to handle their big girls, but she can handle the rest of them most nights.

Same formeeting you and Huffstetler,,I met Volfan the last time we played and got to talk to huffstedler at the half last night and all three of you for a while after the game...T.T. makes Lake Co go..both in beating teams presses and running our offense..Plus..her defense on the other teams better player shouldn't go unnoticed by Falcon fans..Fortunately for Lake Co..the Falcons haven't seen the real Jordan Gailey and Katie..Both those players are usually good at getting their points..Good luck to Greengield in the up coming tournaments..I hope our teams don't have to face each other in an elimanation game..Wouldn't ming playing if we both could continue to the region..I've met some fine people from Greenfield throughout the years from baseball..Am familiar with Jordan Gailey,Dalton Potts,Jake Lassiter and his whole family,the Brady and Crouse young men ....Hope to see you guys in the tournaments..!

Yeah, same here. It was nice to get to put a face with a name. I enjoyed getting talk with ya. I hope our paths cross again.