IMAC basketball

tricitiessportsfan

IMAC/District 2 Basketball  

21 members have voted

1. 1. IMAC/District 2 Basketball

West and Cherokee should be a great game tonight. West is really playing well right now and Cherokee was really hot until the last week. I think I will take West, by 5, in a mild upset with Sanders, Craine, and Stone all having big nights. Cherokee will be too undisciplined against West sagging D to score with any consistancy.

Jeff played Greeneville to a 5 point game a few weeks ago, can they muster up some upset magic at home in the district? I think Greeneville may be turning the corner after some tough times in the second half of the season. Coach Duncan knows how to get his teams playoff ready and they probably have the best talent in the IMAC. Greeneville jumps out early and rolls to a 20+ point victory.

Thought we needed some excitement to this board, any one else have any thoughts?

Looks like Jeff Co. pulled the upset. Any news about the game?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Jeff Co. pulled the upset. Any news about the game?

Greeneville was without Jordan Short and Braylon Lloyd for their part in an incident with the girls team (which caused Greeneville girls to forefit tomorrow's semifinal with Cocke County)

Game went 4 overtimes...

Jefferson County had chances to win in regulation... and 2nd and 3rd overtimes. Greeneville, down those 2 starters already, had their 3 remaining starters foul out around the end of the 2OT.

Regulation - Game was tied, and Jefferson County went to the hoop with 7 seconds to go, and was called for an offensive foul..

1OT - Jefferson County overcame a 4-point deficit with 1:50 to play, and hit a shot in the paint to tie the game near the horn.....

2OT - Jefferson County was up by 3 in the final 30 seconds, Greeneville's Mashburn drilled a wide-open three that wasn't well defended. Jefferson County was fouled, but missed both free-throws and to a third overtime tied at 60.

3OT - Greeneville led by 3 in the final minute, Jefferson County countered with a three, got a steal on the inbounds for a layup with an And-1 to lead by three with 17.2 left....Greeneville ran the clock to 6 seconds, called timeout, got a wide open three look by Mashburn that missed badly, somehow they got a rebound, got it out to Mashburn who hit the shot as time expired (tied at 70)

4OT - Jefferson County really ran the clock down, leading 71-70 with 121 in the period. Had a 4-point lead with 22.3 left, but GHS hit a 3 to bring it to one... Jeff hit two free throws and Greeneville missed another great look from three as the game ended.

Greeneville was without Jordan Short and Braylon Lloyd for their part in an incident with the girls team (which caused Greeneville girls to forefit tomorrow's semifinal with Cocke County)

Game went 4 overtimes...

Jefferson County had chances to win in regulation... and 2nd and 3rd overtimes. Greeneville, down those 2 starters already, had their 3 remaining starters foul out around the end of the 2OT.

Regulation - Game was tied, and Jefferson County went to the hoop with 7 seconds to go, and was called for an offensive foul..

1OT - Jefferson County overcame a 4-point deficit with 1:50 to play, and hit a shot in the paint to tie the game near the horn.....

2OT - Jefferson County was up by 3 in the final 30 seconds, Greeneville's Mashburn drilled a wide-open three that wasn't well defended. Jefferson County was fouled, but missed both free-throws and to a third overtime tied at 60.

3OT - Greeneville led by 3 in the final minute, Jefferson County countered with a three, got a steal on the inbounds for a layup with an And-1 to lead by three with 17.2 left....Greeneville ran the clock to 6 seconds, called timeout, got a wide open three look by Mashburn that missed badly, somehow they got a rebound, got it out to Mashburn who hit the shot as time expired (tied at 70)

4OT - Jefferson County really ran the clock down, leading 71-70 with 121 in the period. Had a 4-point lead with 22.3 left, but GHS hit a 3 to bring it to one... Jeff hit two free throws and Greeneville missed another great look from three as the game ended.

The absolute BEST I've seen these boys play all year...great game GHS! Take away the turnovers (due to nerves and lack of playing time throughout the regular season) and this would have been a regulation win for us. They never gave up even when it seemed impossible. Ethan Mashburn WOW-ed everyone! Troy Hopson was a workhorse on defense and finally shot and hit a 3 this year. Wes Quarles shined bright and showed us what we have been missing. Landon Morrison was just phenomenal making things happen at the point and scoring in must-have situations. Soph Brian Everhart was cool under pressure sinking 3 after 3. The entire team played awesome defense. Jeff Co. was awesome as well -- same never give-up attitude. It was a great match-up and what a conference game should look like. I'm sure Short and Lloyd would probably have made a difference for us but I can't quite see how we could have played any better. Great game and good season GHS!

Wow, what a start to the 2-AAA tournament. West beats Cherokee in overtime. Jeff then ups the ante and beats Greeneville in 4, yes I said 4 overtimes. West had chances to put the game away at the free throw line in regulation but struggled big time, Cherokee made the plays they had to and West missed a three at the buzzer to win it. West then took control in OT, and even though they once again struggled from the FT line, Cherokee had to many bad possessions adn West was able to pull the mild upset. PTS run down of Jeff/Greeneville was spot on.

Next up Cocke vs. Jeff and East vs. West in the semifinals. Should be a packed house and a great environment for high school basketball.

I'll take Cocke by 12 and East by 8.

There is some talk on the girls board ,but none on here about Short and Lloyd being suspended for the game. From what I have heard (you know how that goes) the punishment seemed a little harsh for the crime.

What were the boys doing in the girl's locker room anyway? Plus, they supposedly filmed the brawl on their cellphones and put it on youtube. I applaud the administration for their punishment. Those boys let their teammates down bigtime....Sad for the seniors.

Anymore details about what role Lloyd and Short played in the fight between two members of the girls basketball team?

Also, I wish the D2-AAA tournament wasn't being played on the same days as the D1-AAA tournament, I'd like to visit Dumplin Valley and take in a few IMAC games, before it's Big 9 vs. IMAC at my place.

Wow, this thread is amazingly quiet! Where are the Jefferson County people? Come on guys, you're team just beat Greeneville and Cocke County to advance to the championship game! You're hosting a region tournament game! Let's hear it for your boys!

Morristown East played almost flawlessly against Morristown West in the other semifinal. Canes are back as healthy as they have been all year. There's hope the IMAC can split or at least win one against the powers of the Big 9 in the region.

Wow, this thread is amazingly quiet! Where are the Jefferson County people? Come on guys, you're team just beat Greeneville and Cocke County to advance to the championship game! You're hosting a region tournament game! Let's hear it for your boys!

Morristown East played almost flawlessly against Morristown West in the other semifinal. Canes are back as healthy as they have been all year. There's hope the IMAC can split or at least win one against the powers of the Big 9 in the region.

Great atmosphere to the Jeff and Cocke County game. I'm not old enough to remember when the rivalry was really heated between us, but you can tell that people don' tlike each other in the stands lol. Congrats to Jeff for putting this run together. Came out of nowhere to do this thing on their homecourt. CCHS didn't come out focused and Jeff put some points on them thru three quarters. Congrats to the our boys for showing great heart in the fourth and made it a heck of a game. Bet they wish they wouldn't have overlooked Jeff at the start cuz I'm sure they wanted the home game, but maybe they can pull off some magic on the road. t's been a few days so I'm over the feelings about the game now, but officiating was bad once again. Didn't determine the outcome of the game, but they just miss obvious calls. We shot terrible free throws which is what costed us the game. On a side note, I think Jeff County has the stingiest rims around. Jeff County kids got em figured out tho lol.

East looked very good Sat. as did Jeff. Jeff had been playing people close a lot down the stretch and seem to have figured it out. Should be a great championship game. Jeff's got home court, is it enough?

I'll have to take East by about ten. East should score in the post like they have been all year.

I'll have to take East by about ten. East should score in the post like they have been all year.

Post play has definitely been the difference maker for East so far. It will just be interesting to see if they let Coy play or sideline him with cheap fouls. He gets a lot of fouls simply because he is so much bigger and stronger. Freshman (Miranda?) post player played well against West. East has been winning without Gardner down the stretch, watch out if he heats up again. Jeff's guards are really good, they all handle it well, shoot it well, and can score. They are a tough matchup on the defensive end. Like I said, it should be a great game. I'll take East by 8.